main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Werewolf Game Rules and Sign Up Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MrZAP, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, nobody seems to be against this, so I'm going to do it. I think people will find it fun.

This will be a simple, traditional werewolf game. There will be wolves, villagers, and seers, without anything like healers or Mafia. That may be in a later game, but not this one.

Here is a short description of each role:
    Werewolf- Three randomly picked players who terrorize the villagers by killing one person each night and trying to hide their identities. To make a kill, they need a unanimous decision about who the victim will be, or else nobody dies. They can discuss this by using PM's, chatting, or any other means, but may not tell their identities or the identities of their victims under any circumstances. They will know who the other wolves are.

Villagers- The sheep sent to the slaughter, if you will, they make up most of the players. The werewolves pick from these players on who they will kill. In turn, each day, the villagers (and wolves, pretending to be villagers) vote on one person to kill in hopes of it being a wolf. They may use whatever manner of logic they wish, but may not explicitly ask anyone their role or reveal their own.

Seers- Basically the villagers with special powers. There is but one seer, who has the ability to ask the narrator (that's me) the role of any one person each day. I am obliged to tell them the truth. They play the role of villagers as well, voting and hoping to kill the wolves. Using the knowledge given to them, they try to (discreetly) shift the votes of death towards the wolves and trying to protect the villagers. They are not infallible, but they are a helpful ally.

This game is based on a timeclock (is that a real word?) of day and night. Each day and each night technically lasts approximately 24 hours in real life, but the narrative will seem as though it is day or night, regardless of actual time.

Finally, I don't know long this game will last. However, there are some times over the next couple of weeks when I will be away and not be able to post. Therefore, if anyone would like to volunteer to take up the post of narrator for those times, please PM me and I'll fill you in.

Well, that's it. People sign up in this thread, and sign ups will be open till Wednesday. After that, roles will be chosen and the game will start.

2. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    What happened? Is nobody interested?:_|

3. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    What happened to the cool LAFF that I loved?

4. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Everyone has different interests! :) MrZAP -- it looks like we're the wrong demographic for this game. You could try the Games area of this board; I'm not sure how it works over there, so check out the sticky first. Good luck!

(I'll leave this thread open in case some players show up though...)

5. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Maybe instead of Werewolves, Villiagers, and Seers, we should have Sith, Senators, and Jedi?

6. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I have a group of friends I RPG with every Thursday night. We play, among other games, White Wolf, including Werewolves. But, for those who have never played it, it's a more complicated game in which the werewolves, vampires and mages are as likely to be the heroes as the villains.

7. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Say it isn't so. What happened to our LAFF!?!?!

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/johnhood/Pictures/Misc/sidious.jpg]

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Your FanForce, LAFF, gone it is.

9. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    :_|

10. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Sure, we can do Jedi, Senators, and Sith. That would be fun. I've already done Star Wars themed one with Shistavenan wolfmen anyhow. ^_^

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    It's probably because I've never played this type of game before, but I don't really understand how it's played. [face_blush] The directions didn't quite make sense to me.

12. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    There are three different roles. In this one we'll have Sith, Senators, and Jedi, as suggested. Three players will be randomly chosen to play Sith, and they'll communicate with each other on which Senators to kill. Senators will be normal people who vote every other day to kill someone, in hopes of getting a Sith. Finally, there is one Jedi, who can ask me once every other day what someone's role is and try to help the Senators. Nobody knows who the Sith and Jedi are.

13. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I could be wrong about the specific planet, but I think the children of Monto Cordu spend their childhoods as a kind of werewolf and grow up to be blue, four armed humanoids. I could look it up in a few days.

14. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    VK2, Were you referring to this species from the book Crystal Star?:

Wyrwulf

15. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I've played this game before on another board and we called it Mafia same rules. Though to have a really good game you need to have a lot of people, more than what I think even posts on this board. I don't think you would have enough interested players who also post regularly. We are too small of a group on the local level.

16. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Hmmm. well, the amount of people who I usually narrate to is usually between 18-24. I think that's about the same amount of people who are on here regularly, isn't it?

If I get a good enough response, I'll start doing it, regardless of what deadline I said before.

17. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    It sounds really cool. I just know if I signed up, it would take away from my 400 other projects. I have to be uberpicky about things I want to do. I'd like to see how the game goes though. That I can commit to checking it out whenevers.

18. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    *sighs* So it look like no one is interested in this after all. I suppose we can nip this in the bud if no one responds with an "I'll do it!" to this thing over the weekend. Sad. It's always been very popular at the other forum. ;_;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.