main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Wesley's health

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    A received a phone call from Wes' mom this afternoon letting us know that Wesley wouldn't be able to make the holiday party at Monroe Community Hospital, but that we were still welcome to use the gold chandelier room (next to the cafeteria) as she reserved it already for us.

The reason that he won't be able to make it is that he is currently in Strong Hospital.
    I'm sorry if the details I'm relaying are a little sketchy but I was quite shocked by the news.
    Although the medical staff got to Wesley's aid within 4 minutes, he technically died and then was brought back.
    He has a few cracked ribs (I'm assuming from the resuscitation?) and is suffering from pneumonia.
    I believe he already had pneumonia before this ordeal, but now (and I think I'm relaying this correctly) that he is in Strong he has clinical pneumonia which is really hard to shake.
    I believe she said he is in the ICU currently, but that he should be able to have visitors.

I was thinking maybe this weekend, either Saturday in between events or Sunday sometime we could see about a group visit?

Either way, everyone please keep Wesley and his family in your thoughts as I'm sure we all hope that he can fully recover from this. I don't know if it's too much to hope that he can be out of the hospital by Christmas, but I hope he can.

~Doc_Bev

2. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    let me know when if we do it. via email or phone 813-3280

3. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    That's too bad. I guess the Village Gate Toy Show was too much for him. Do you have details about where exactly he is here? If not, I can stop by the info desk and perhaps his ward sometime today to see if I can get any information or an update.

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    No I don't know exactly where he is.
    That would be great if you could get more info.

~Doc_Bev

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah he has been in the Hospital a few times If I remember correctly. Thats too bad. I thought he was getting better. It seemed like his health was getting better with him going home on the weekends before, but I guess its getting worse now. It does not sound very good at all. If we can organise a visit Saturday after the Bell ringing I can go see him with eveyrone, but I am tied up the rest of the weekend.

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    DarSolo - were you able to find out any more about Wesley to know if/when we should plan a visit?

~Doc_Bev

7. CaptainAlex1

CaptainAlex1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2001
    He seems like a nice kid, from what everyone posts, and that it's really too bad his health has taken such a turn for the worse. I'll keep him in my thoughts and hope he gets better soon.

8. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Yea Wes is a good guy, I hope he bounces back quickly!

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Meant to post this Sunday...
    T_StarFlyer, DarSolo and I (and later Nevets) went to visit Wesley at Strong after the holiday party.

Although I didn't see him earlier in the week, DarSolo commented that he looked much better. And to me, he looked back to normal, which is incredible considering what happened to him just a week ago today.

He is expected to go back home to MCH this week, where I'm sure he will be much more comfortable spending the holidays instead of at the hospital.

~Doc_Bev

10. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I spent some time with Wesley and his parents at Strong this afternoon. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to go home today. They found an infection in his blood sample, so they want to get 3 days of another antibiotic into him before releasing him back to MCH. So, fingers are crossed that he will get out Friday. He was looking better and talking more today too.

11. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Thats great news. I am happy to hear he is getting better.

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Thats awesome news.
    He'll be out of ICU for christmas. :)

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yes, in fact I just got a call from Wes's Dad that he is now back home at MCH. [face_dancing]

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.