main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA West Australian Cast and Crew for fanfilm

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by monkey_abbot, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    g'day

i am thinking over make a script of mine into a film, but before i get to into the preparations, i need to know if there are people who could be my cast and crew, here in WA. I need to know if and how many of you there are here, or i'll take the script to Melbourne...and i'd prefer to take advantage of the area here...

2. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    As I have said to everyone who has said they are going to make a fan film, I am always willing to help out in the areas of Stunt Coordination and Fight Choreography. I have a lot of experience in show fighting, various styles of sword use and over a decade of martial arts training under my belt.

I just hope that this idea follows through unlike all of the others over here...

3. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    thats great darth soup!

and if i can get the people, i'm confident that the project will go ahead. but not for a while, unfortunatley...

4. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    i don't know about the cast, but i could help with the crew...depens when you want to film it and where...hmmm

-JSD

5. Ulric-Thor

Ulric-Thor Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    I had no idea people were actually creating such films. Ive worked on some TV commericials if you guys need any help in that visual area. Id be more then happy to lend a hand in what I can, except for acting, not sure how I would go there.

6. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Im more than happy to help :)
    I have a really top-notch digital video camera
    3d animation experience
    Rotoscoping skills
    And all that other Visual FX crap.
    And i dont mind acting

BTW: Im doing a fanfilm also. Good luck to you :)

7. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    this is cool, i'm getting a good response...
    cast is no longer an issue, i'll just advertise in the papers or something,...but crew is a big issue...all the cameratype stuff, 3d grpahics, sound, make-up/costumes and a producer (i donno how do to that stuff)
    this'll be interesting...i'll getback to you ppl l8er...thanx for the response

8. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    ok...is there anyone else interested?

9. Str8JaktJim

Str8JaktJim Jedi Master star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    I'll give you a hand if you want.

10. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    One hand or two?

11. Rove_Maul

Rove_Maul Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey I'd like to be involved in some way. I've had a little film experience. I write, direct, produce, edit, story board and act in most of my films. I'm trying to get into the film and television course at tafe and I've just finished year 12.

I've created a 27 minute film, as a school project, called "Psycho Clown 2: What becomes of the mentally disturbed?". It's loved by every 1 at my school and it has a cool lightsaber duel at the end. If you need an student director to give your film a very film like look, then I'm your man. Psycho clown 2 was shot on a digital camera, but it has a very film look to it. mainly due to shot selection and camera movement.

My actor direction isn't too good though. I find it hard directing students who don't know what improvisation is.

12. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    IM up for it... either as an extra or stage crew :)

13. Str8JaktJim

Oct 9, 2002
    I'll do anything you want, but I don't have any experiance in film. I could always hold the mic for you :)

14. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    hooray!

i dont think experience is really required

(just between u and me...i have no experience either)

It would be great to do a WA fanfilm!

15. Str8JaktJim

Oct 9, 2002
    So can you tell us the story or basic idea around this fan film?

16. Dingbat

Dingbat Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    I'm definately willing to help out in any way possible. Act, direct, hold a boom mike, fetch the coffee, whatever. I don't really have any film experience, but I wouldn't mind gaining some.

17. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    perhaps this should become our Outer rim project thingo....

ok then story...

u people like academies yes?
    and u people like jedi's and lightsabres yes?

hooray

i know it's old, but it i'm thinking of having it set during the clone wars, and have the entire academy wiped out by the sith/droid forces.

its just an idea...

input welcome

18. Str8JaktJim

Oct 9, 2002
    Sounds great. I'm guessing you'll want padawans, apprentices, knights and masters for this along with the Sith and maybe some civillians.

Any ideas about where you'll set this movie?

19. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    So is this thing ever going to get off the ground, or is going to be all talk like everything else that seems to happen around here?
    I mean this thread started 3 months ago, and nothing has really happened......

20. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    hahahha

i laugh at ur point soup...coz its soo true!

soon after i started this thread, i joined another project team...and i've been working on that for two monthes now...but i'm about to tell a whole lot of ppl to do some work, which will give me some time to do something on this!

the holidays are comming up soon, which will give me more time...

i was planning to set this on some planet that we make up, but will try and utilise the beaches near city beach, and film the academy in a private school, or very large public school...any ideas?

21. Str8JaktJim

Oct 9, 2002
    Kent St SHS is pretty big. It's got a lot of ovals near by too as well as primary school that we could possible use.

22. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    where's that?

23. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Kent Street in east vic park/bentley

EDIT: I'm not sure if it's done on the school premises in the industrial arts area or at Jandakot, but Kent St has(had?) an aviation program at the school where they built an ultralight aircraft.Depending on the status of the course and any building program they may have some interesting background stuff.

24. Str8JaktJim

Oct 9, 2002
    They've almost finished building an aircraft. If you want to get it in your shoot, you'll need to get there before june/july next year as they're planning to launch it in sept.

If need be (and if they let us) I'm sure we could put some debris around the workshop to make it look like there was all sorts of work in there.

EDIT: The workshop they build the aircraft in is built on to the Aviation centre. The industrial workshops are over the other side of the school.

25. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    kewl :) what are they building this time? lightwing? jabiru? spitfire?*drools*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.