main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton West Edmonton Mall costume walk on saturday the 11th of March.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Ky-Wan, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LDS_JEDI

LDS_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2006
    I've heard rumors of a Cheerleader competition... that wouldn't be at the HMV Stage would it?

***EDIT***

Ok the Cheerleaders are at the Ice Palace Sat. 9am - 6pm so this shouldn't interfere...

2. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    no they would cover the ice palace and do it there, that's where it weas last year when I was walking at the perfect time wihtout knowing in advance that there would be try outs.

And I'm sticking with that story,

I think noon at the stage is fine unless the 501's get a change room then we fall out from there.

3. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Here's the info I just posted the Badlands site. Let me know if I've missed covering anything!

Okay....the mall walk is a go folks!

It's a zoo at the mall this weekend though so be prepared to be totally mauled.....at the mall....heheheh

We get to use the old Playadium again For those of you that don't know where that is, it's on the main floor near the HMV. I'm not sure the old sign is up anymore so anyone unsure of where to go, please be at the stage in front of HMV at 11:00 a.m. We'll keep looking out for you. The promo team is going to be there (should be Chris and John) to let us in. They may want us to go a couple of places, like to the Sea Lion thing again so they will pre-arrange that for us if we can. We used this space when we did the Red Cross event and it worked well. There are bathrooms and tables and some chairs for us...and a ton of room.

As I said, the mall is going to be a complete zoo. The cheerleader competitions are going on as well as the Eskimos are going to be there for something and Bobby Hull as well. The only sort of drawback to this time is that I've been asked for us to have sort of a home base at the Santa Maria. Good location for us space wise. If we want to take walks I think we'll be okay if we do it in small groups. I think they are worried about a major congestion with people trying to get their pictures with us. We don't have to stay glued to the spot.....but just kind of rome around the area.

Bobby Hull is going to be at the HMV stage at 2:00 so we might just want to be out of our gear by then because I imagine things are going to get pretty crowded right around there.

4. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    You mean we are taking rounds. So many people per time? Where is the Santa Maria? Is that the place we were at after Narnia?

5. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    thats great Angela :)

6. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    Santa Maria is the boat, Jarrett.

7. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    are we going to be on the boat or by the boat?

8. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    How's aboot...near the boat, walk the plank, meet in the water with the seal...(the one wearing the Jango helmet.);)[face_whistling][face_dancing]:rolleyes:

or meet in the change room near HMV?!?]-}

See you all tonight..If not...tomorrow in that tiny mall somewhere Edmonton.

Go Flames Go...[face_beatup]

9. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Roger, Roger. Will be there for 11am.

10. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I have a big problem here, my damn boots didn't get here in time and I have absolutly nothing to wear for boots. So if anyone has boots that are size 10 or bigger could I borrow them for the weekend? Thanks it would really help me out.

11. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    ok see you all there at 11

banana [face_batting]

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Ok see you at Playdium at 11 am .

Doing small rounds is cool. That way we can stretch legs and still get people noticing us........voting for a Jedi walk for pics with cheerleaders...who's in lol?

13. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I won't be able to make it guys, sorry (told you not to count on me)... I've got stuff to do, plus I took a spill this morning so my leg's not really up to walking all over the mall for 4 hours. :(

Catch you guys next time. :)

14. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    If I could be a pest and ask for people to e-mail me pics, that would be cool. My e-mail is kyla_theredhead@hotmail.com.

15. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Me too! If people get me pics early enough I'll get them up on a board for tommorow.

16. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    slowly uploading my pics here

17. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    OMG u got to go on the boat!!!

just saw some of the pics liann is loading. you guys look fantastic! THere seems to be tons of people too. you guys are amazing. Good for you.

Erin you look SEXY!!

18. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I would like to express a huge thank you to all of you who came out today in the snow and weather and lack of sleep. Not to mention last minute sewing.

501's, it's always a fun time, Angela thanks so much for contacting the mall and haveing a changeroom arranged for all of us, it was appreciated. Jango's , Vaders Tuskens and troopers, your a great bunch of people and we were happy to get to se you guys today :)

Calgary members, thank you for the awesome time and meetings and just plain old non Lucas sanctioned fun ;). Your pressence was greatly enjoyed and thanks for the time you gave and the weather you came in to do it.

Everyone, thanks again so much and I look forward to doing it again sometime and see you tomorrow at the toy show

19. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Agreed Ky-Wan.

Great pictures Liann!:)

20. LDS_JEDI

LDS_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2006
    Thanks for the GREAT pics Liann...

The Mall Walk was going to be a birthday party thing for me, but something came up... I swear someone hates me...

Antwho... thanks for sharing the pics...

21. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    WOW, what a weekend. I'm go glad we got up to see everyone and to put some faces to board-names.

The mall walk was a hoot, with a great turnout and a great response.

I hope to see you all again really soon.

22. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Thanks again to all who were involved and Steve, Liann, Terry and everyone who took pics and shared em, great job :)

Calgary folks hope ya made it back home alright and see ya soon we hope, feel free to stop by anytime

and great costumes :)

23. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Just to let you know our gallery of last weekend is now up. Great pictures of all. Wish I could have been there. Maybe next time.

Ryan

24. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Great pictures:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.