main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA WEST SIDE OF THE FORCE LOS ANGELES NEXT MEETING...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ajthelegend, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajthelegend

ajthelegend Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    HEY ALL JUST WANTED TO GET THIS THREAD UP AND RUNNING, AS WE DISCUSSED OUR NEXT MEETING WILL BE HELD IN SANTA MONICA SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6TH AT 7:00 PM AT THE 3RD STREET PROMENADE... I AM URGING ALL MEMBERS TO GIVE A SUGGESTION ON EXACTLY WHERE AT THE PROMENADE THAT WE SHOULD HAVE THE EVENT... REMEMBER THAT WE NEED TO HAVE ENOUGH ROOM TO ACCOMODATE THE ENTIRE FAN FORCE WE COULD FROM 20 TO 25 FANS IN ATTENDANCE... SO LETS GET THOSE SUGGESTIONS ROLLING, I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A SOLID ANSWER BY THE END OF THIS WEEK AT THE LATEST.... GO WEST SIDE OF THE FORCE LOS ANGELES...

2. LuminariUnduli

LuminariUnduli Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    PLEASE visit this website that has an entire list of all restaurants, cafe's & bars locate at Third St Promenade - Our goal of course will be to find the biggest one to accomodate our group with the best food & best prices...

There's quite a few to chose from...

www.thirdst.com/dining.html

3. cloneddarklord

cloneddarklord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I know that I will be able to make this meeting!! :) (After missing the past 2!)
    I would suggest Yankee Doodle Billards because it is big and will take reservations! As far as food, I don't know if they have good food or not.

4. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Yeah, Yankee Doodle is a good place for it I think. I've been there a few times because I'm so close the the promenade. Have fun you guys! :D

5. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Yes, I agree that Yankee Doodle Billiards would be perfect. from what my friend has told me, the patio arrangement and interior should be large enough to provide sufficient seating for our meeting.

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Hi, Jedi Knight Pas-Jo Dacle here from the Jedi Knights Of Cleveland. I just moved here from Cleveland, and want to make the meeting, how do I get there? Someone email me/pm me and please provide directions, I leave off of 3rd street(two blocks from La Brea). Thanks!

7. sidious10

sidious10 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 26, 1999
    I'm new here so I was wondering if there is anything I should fill out to be a part of the Fan force. (Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I really am not sure.

Thanks, I'd love to be there.

8. MyreAlonde

MyreAlonde Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2002
    Why is it that we have to go to a restaurant? I mean what if we just gathered in the Promenade itself? Or out on the pier? Seems like more freedom if we do. The last meeting place was okay, but I found that I was unable to really get to talk to the people on the other side of the room. I also liked the beach bonfire idea. Santa Monica is still fine with me as location. But I'm just considering variations that might work better.

Jeff

9. LuminariUnduli

May 26, 2002
    hmmm... I agree - doesnt have to be a restaurant, but it's nice to be able to order drinks at least - appetizers are even better - so restaurants have just been the pattern - I personally have only been to the Yankee Doodles in Long Beach & it's so LOUD in there I doubt if we could have a productive meeting.
    I'd like to check with some of these places to see if they offer some kind of conference room or private room ?? for example, Olive Garden does that - but I didnt see an Olive Garden at Third St.
    The patio was nice, i thought because, we somewhat had some privacy - unfortunately I didnt really get to talk to everyone the way I wished I could either, I think that's just nature with a meeting in a large group.
    Does anyone have any other ideas out there???
    i'm going to do some research now & post some ideas this morning...

May the Force be with you all...

10. cantina-patron

cantina-patron Jedi Master

May 30, 2002
    i really regret missing out on the past meetings,but i do support the l.a. fanforce. i will do my best to be at the santa monica meeting.

11. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    It seems that most places on the promenade are going to be very lively since that whole area is very tourist like. Teasers seems nice too but like Yankee doodles, it will be loud in there too. There are some restraunts near the promenade that might be a good alternative. There's a Norms on Lincoln Blvd but they don't serve alcohol. I'll look up some and post later.

12. LuminariUnduli

May 26, 2002
    I called Yankee Doodles & they do have a Private room - however there is a cost involved to reserve it. The Event planner was not in when I called so I was unable to get details - SO I want to post this now to try to get an idea of how many people are truly going to show up & will be willing to pitch in - OR - they also have a "downstairs" area that we could perhaps meet. I left my name & number for the Event planner to call me back - I will update the boards as soon as I hear anything back.
    PLEASE post your opinion on this matter and any other suggestions?

13. LuminariUnduli

May 26, 2002
    I tried calling Chillers & Teaser's - both tel#'s are disconnected ?!

The Reel Inn - Seafood, Fish Market & Restaurant - has accomodations for us - I have RESERVED the FRONT PATIO for up to 30 people for the Star Wars La Fan Force - Sunday at 7:00pm
    This will be no charge to us.

PLEASE post your vote - does this sound cool to everyone ?? I can still cancel the reservation on Saturday if there are too many people against this meeting place.

For more info: Reel inn

14. LuminariUnduli

May 26, 2002
    Ok Everybody - Yankee Doodles called me back & said they cannot reserve the room on Sunday due to Football & they expect quite a crowd as well & do not make any reservations whatsoever nor can they accomodate our party.
    So we can scratch Yankee Doodles.

Still awaiting responses regarding The Reel Inn - it is a Seafood restaurant. Please read previous posts for details.

thanks...

15. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    It'd be fine for me...
    I will be a bit late this time, but I'd be able to make it..

16. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Hate seafood...LOVE Star Wars!! I'll be there and I can always eat salad and fries or something! ;)

Cheers JediBith Liz

17. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Sounds fine with me. How're their sushi rolls?

18. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    I'll be there at the Reel in. Sara doesn't have internet so I'll check and see if she's coming too.

19. MyreAlonde

MyreAlonde Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2002
    Well I gotta be there. Im quiz master this time. Count me in, but don't expect me to have any of that seafood either.

20. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Alright, well it sounds like we are in agreement so I will get everything sent to be posted on the main page regarding our meeting.... See you all on Sunday... This time on time haha.... Go West Side of the Force Los Angeles....

21. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I will be there... Just need exact address (ya know, the usual) :)

Helen

22. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Come one, come all Sunday, October 6th at 7:00 Pm to the West Side of the Force Los Angeles monthly meeting to be held at the Reel Inn - Seafood, Fish Market & Restaurant... Address: 1220 Third St. Promenade Santa Monica, CA 90401
    Phone: 310 - 395 - 5538....... Accomodations have been reserved for the FRONT PATIO for up to 30 people, we will be having our monthly quiz, giving away prizes, and going over topics such as the IMAX release of AOTC, choose a logo for our city, and other fun things... Any questions please feel free to contact ajthelegend via pm or email ajthelegend@aol.com... See you all soon.... Go West Side of the Force Los Angeles...

23. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Will be there.

AJ - don't forget to post this information on the LiningUp.net board.

Thanks!
    Emily

24. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    OK EM.... I WILL POST THE INFO AS SOON AS I GET HOME OK.... TAKING OFF FROM WORK AS WE SPEAK.....

25. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I'm not that too familiar with the promenade in Sanata Monica. Got any directions to this event anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.