1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Gold Coast (21st-23rd April), Melbourne (28th-30th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (25th-26th March), Adelaide (1st-2nd April)

FF:WA Westen Australian Fan Force's current state of Existance.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Sadly, it looks to me like the Western Australian Fan Force is dying, and with a whimper. I would love to see you guys thrive and bounce back into existence, but it seems I'm the only one posting here anymore.

Please, if you want this place to stay alive, get active. Start Posting, organise a meet and come to life. I have to give you two weeks notice to start showing me you want to keep this forum. If you need help with anything, please contact me. If you feel something needs to be sorted out, contact me. The ball is in your court guys, I hope you can return it to me.

Addie
  2. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    I'd say it would be more a case of finding new members to post here, since the long standing members of the WA community (me included, to a degree) don't post here as regularly as in the past, if not at all. But we were always a small group compared to NSW or SA.

I'm sure some of you guys are around, somewhere or another ...
  3. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Sadly I need to see evidence of activity, like posting and meets, as the forums cannot survive with no one posting for up to a week on end. And even then, some of the posts are others invading, not WAFF. :( Pressure from above tells me I either get you lot going, or I close down the forum. :( Thats not something I want to do. I implore you to help me save this place.
  4. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    I don't know what I could do to help, I live in NSW these days myself as you know. The best thing you could do would be PM'ing former members, but since most don't post here any longer I doubt that will be of much use. The other option would be finding out if there are other WA'ers on the boards who have not posted here before.

Saint, if you're around, maybe you could convince some of the old crew to post again next time you see them.
  5. Saintheart Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'd also be very, very sad to see my native forum die, given I'm still working on delivering "Knighthood" to all the true believers out there.

I will have a look around and see if kaustin, Darth_Soup, and Fallen_Angel are able to get online or post up again -- but they'd be the main gang, along with LBJ, who are from around here. Half the problem with a meet is that the remaining posters are kinda scattered to the four winds at the moment -- Kart's obviously out, and soneil's in Kalgoorlie, but I'll see what can be done.

Sheez, didn't think it would come to this... :(
  6. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    And Honestly I dont want it to come to this, I want the Oceania Region to be Mighty and powerful! If you could find some old members that would be fantastic. Thank you all for trying.
  7. Saintheart Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's fine, Addy. I don't make a policy of shooting the messenger, and it has been very quiet in here for a while now. I'll see what I can do.
  8. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    The biggest problem we always faced was bringing in new blood. Most don't stick around long enough.

I'll continue posting here, no matter where I am in the world. It's my home town, after all.
  9. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Thank you for not shooting me! :D

Meets help hold peoples interest, fun exciting events. Bowling, dinner out, picnic in a national park with a cricket game. I've found in the past that if people have a good time, they come back. Maybe some board games here? Give people a reason to come here.
  10. LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    C'mon people start posting!! Let's save the WAFF!
  11. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
    SAVE THE WAFF!!!
  12. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well as I mentioned in another thread, I'll be moving back to Perth at the end of the year. I used to organise a lot of the meets before I left. I can start getting a few things happening again when I get back. Nothing beats face to face meets for getting to know the others.
  13. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    If you Guys keep posting, I can hold it till November I hope. Give me something to show the Admins and it will be good. ;)
  14. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    Well you can be guaranteed I will :) It's my home, after all.
  15. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Look at contacting some of the local 501st members.
    Remember, the 501st is a costuming group, Fanforce is a social entity.
    The 2 groups work side by side here, with most people (with imperial suits) being a member of both groups.
  16. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was going to join the rebel legion but each time I sent a photo of my costume it was rejected with no explanation why. No points about anything in particular on my costume that failed to meet their stringent standards. The closest I got to an explanation was a standard line saying I should read through their submission requirements as if I hadn't already done that. Seemed a tad snobby to me. :p
    I'd try 501st instead but I'm not interested in imperial costumes and I kinda liked the idea of joining a rebel/republic group.
  17. Aztek Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to join the 501st, though I have no real ambition to make a costume.

If I could get one made for a realistic price I think I would though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.