WesterCon?

Discussion in 'Seattle, WA' started by LadySonnet, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySonnet Jedi Knight

star 1
    So is anyone going to WesterCon this year? I've never been, but was considering it. Is it a good con, as cons go?

I'm guessing that Alpha Base isn't doing anything in particular about it, given that there hasn't been much activity lately in general. We should do something about that. ;)

Sonnet
  2. Jedi_Kjersti_Renn Jedi Knight

I want to go to WesterCon... I think we're planning on it but we're probably not doing tables.
  3. PunkJr Jedi Knight

star 1
    A few of us will be there, but due to its proximity to ComicCon, the Garrison won't have a big presence there.
  4. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, some of us from Alpha Base are already reserved. I don't think any of us have been before as it's normally somewhere else. This is a Con that moves from place-to-place every year.

I've investigated having a table but, as of last time I looked, they don't seem to be offering that option to fan groups, at least not on the website. I do have mail from them, in the 3 pounds of mail I just picked up today after having been gone for 3 weeks.
  5. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
    They have the fan table contact info up and I've emailed. Even if we just have a few flyers and use it as a place to meet up....it may be worth doing.

Let me know if anyone wants to hang out there. I'll post here if they give us a table.

Anyone staying at the con hotel? I'm not as I only live a few miles away. Though I can imagine parking is going to be awful.
  6. JasonHunter Jedi Padawan

I'm going. This is going to be my second con, with Orycon this past year being my first. My friend took me along, and I had so much fun, that I'm doing it again! Thank the Force that Westercon's here this year, instead of in San Jose, Portland, or somewhere else.

I'm already registered, and staying at the Seatac Inn, which is within a mile of the airport...and the Doubletree is right next to the airport, so I'll be close! Anyone know how to get there? I've never been that far south alone, and I have no idea where to go...the roads are confusing south of, oh...Bothell...

But, yeah...I'd probably hang out at a table or something, if that gets set up. I don't know how long I could stay between stops, since I'll be getting dragged around by my friend again (she lives and breaths these things...she grew up at them, and renaissance faires)...I'll probably have a collar and leash on, knowing her... But, I'll try to spend as much time as possible at a table, or whatever. Won't be in any costume or anything, since I don't have one...yet.. But, I can be there nonetheless!

This is going to be a good few weeks...Alaskan cruise, then Westercon a few days later....good times, good times...
  7. dragonmar Snohomish County, WA FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    I will be going to Westercon for sure. I'm not staying at the hotel but I only live about half an hour away in Issaquah. I am open to two or three individuals crashing at my place if they need to. I would however prefer no smokers as you can not smoke at my place. I don't stay late at the con but I don't go to bed early either. If interested pm me or send to dragonmar2@msn.com. I have been to other Westercons and each is different as they are all handled by the host city and each place does it differently. I do know most of the people running this Westercon have been involved in Norwescon a lot and really know what they are doing.
  8. LadySonnet Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I don't know if anyone is keeping track, but Badger and I have decided that we WILL be at WesterCon. Probably for the whole weekend too (mostly on Friday and Saturday though, naturally).

I'll likely (not guaranteed) be wearing my Arwen dress on Friday and my Padme dress on Saturday.

Find me and say "Hi!"

Sonnet
  9. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
    Hope you guys will see this.

Alpha Base DOES have a table (despite my not hearing from the fan table organizer).

We are in Concourse II, a high traffic area on the way to Wing 7, where the hospitality room is.

If we're not sitting at the table, we'll have flyers on it to identify it. Right now it's me, Badger, Sonnet, and PadmeAmanda
  10. JasonHunter Jedi Padawan

I saw you guys there, as I walked past on my way to the volunteer's office. You might have noticed me, even though I'd find it kinda hard to miss a big guy wearing nothing but black, with a mass of fox tails hanging off the back of the pants....

I would have stopped by and said "hi", but I don't associate with rebels. :D
  11. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
  12. JasonHunter Jedi Padawan

....you did? Crap...sorry. I guess that I didn't see! I was probably in a foul mood, since for the first couple days of the con, I was having emotional difficulties with a friend of mine who I went there with. Whether that was the case or not, I didn't mean to ignore you...just didn't notice.

Anyways, quick change of subject... Anyone know Steve Dixon, very heavy-set filker who's pretty much wheelchair-bound? Well, if you do, you might know of his daughters, Danica and Stephanie. Danica's the friend I went con-going with, and she spent the entire weekend hanging around with the one known as "Chaos", who turned the Westercon 18 years ago into a madhouse, due to her birth. But, that's beside the point...

Actually, I didn't even really have a point in saying that...hell, don't even know why I said it! Just random bits of useless trivia, trying to see if you guys know anyone outside the general Star Wars sect, I guess...
  13. garethvk Jedi Knight

Hello,

I went to do my panel and that was it. I took my friend to Oregon for the weekend as she wanted to get out of town for the 4th.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.