1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:WA Western Australian Fan film help.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    No, not buy, but I'm sure I can spare a couple of discs :)
  2. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    S-O_E it's not the three solo sons
    Jaina(girl) and Jacen (boy) are twins and there is there younger brother anakin.

Yeah this is a new Jaina icon
  3. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Shadow_of_Evil I'm trying to find places near perth that have SW costumes/masks and all that stuff. My budget is around $800-$1000. [that's for everything]

Apparition costume hire has most of the Star Wars costumes. They have a decent Amidala, a couple of Stormtroopers, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, they have heaps of long black capes for the Emporer... They have some Luke and Leia costumes as well...

If you wish to get in contact with them, they have three stores. There's one in Perth (872 Hay Street - 9485 1155), Claremont (2 Shenton Road - 9384 8190) and in Fremantle (27 Market Street - 9335 4585)...

Umm... Yeah. :) If you want any more info about them, you can talk to me. I'm good friends with the owners. Just PM me.
  4. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Hrmmm, I ask myself... Would I fit in a stormtrooper costume...
  5. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
  6. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah but he was asking himself!
  7. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Stinky_jawa, Lazarus has worn the Storm Trooper costume... If anything, you'll be too skinny for it, and it'll just hang off you! :p
  8. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Are we talking about the stormie costume in the city store ?
  9. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Aztek, yeah that's the one...
    Can you imagine Amidala and a Stormtrooper walking through Perth hand in hand? It was rather amusing... But at least Lazarus had his face covered... Grr! [face_devil]
  10. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    Isn't he a little short for a stormtrooper???
  11. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    *Summs up his best Luke impersonation*

"HUH?!?"

Let it never be said that Luke didnt have a way with words... :p
  12. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
  13. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know who made the costumes, and I don't mean to be rude. But I thought the quality of the costumes was quite poor.

I was supposed to go to a costume party last week but I could not find anything that I would actually consider wearing.
  14. MarkI Former TFN Games Staff

VIP
    star 1
    hhhmmm. A fan film. Now that's something I'd love to be part of, as long as I play a Jedi!! Or Watto!! If you need any help I'll see what I can do.
  15. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Aztek, really? Coz I've found that the costumes in the Perth store are of much better quality. Anything that the seamstress makes there is excellent (just look at Sith Magician's cape). The other stores have more costumes, but don't look after them as well as the people in the Perth store do... But hey, I could be biased... They're practically family... :)
  16. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    thank you!!!!!!!
    We really needed costumes!
  17. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    I went into the perth store for some decent knight armour or at least some chain mail but they dont stock it. They said it would be twooooo expensive. I'm sure it is but I would take good care of it. I just want to get some but no one has any COZ ITS TOO EXPENSIVE!!! :( ohhh
  18. Sith-Gecko Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, as someone who has dealed extensively with things like that, I can say - well, yes. It really is to expensive for most places like that even to be able to afford - at a fair few grand per suit, not counting chain mail (which takes many painstaking hours to link) it's prohibitive in cost to most costumers.
  19. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
  20. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    SK, they do have some chainmail... I think all they have is the bit that sits on your shoulders... But someone hired it out for a wedding and their wife lent on them and ended up with severe burns from it... I don't think that's the kind of thing that you'd want to borrow... :p

BTW, you have no idea how weird it is using SK when talking to you... That's my intials! :)
  21. Lord_Lazarus Jedi Knight

star 1
    SK, if you are serious in wanting a set of chain mail, or even plate mail, I can put you in touch with people who make it. I have made a few full sets for people but I know I don't want to do it again!

A lot of my friends at Grey Company make it, and I am fairly sure that someone would be willing to make some for you.

LL

22. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I was just about to mention Grey company but you beat me to it.
    I've never been to Apparition in Perth. We got some costumes from the one in Claremont once. Susie's Princess Leia outfit was well done but I wasn't entirely happy with the jedi outfit I got. I replaced a few bits with some of my own before I was happy with how it looked. It seemed to be a cross between Qui-gon's jedi outfit and his farmer outfit.
  23. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Hey Grizz!
    How can i get the cd's. Where are you living?
  24. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm up in Midvale, I can mail them if you like
  25. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Grey Company hey! Hmmm that sounds good. The only piece of armour Ive found is a helmet at the Wellington Surplus store but if there are people in Perth that make the stuff I'm keen to see what they can do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.