main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Westworld series by J.J. Abrams and Johnathan Nolan

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Aug 31, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The superbowl ad was good enuf for me, only 3 weeks to go anywhoo!

2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    omg this season might be better than the first

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Lots of tease...but sounds like fun,

5. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Back this weekend. Looking fwd to it!!

BigAl6ft6 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i've always wondered now that secrets are exposed and the hosts are thinking for themselves...or something, if it can really be as good as the first season.
    based on this first episode it's still a mystery. sort of a standard season opener.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    These violent delights have violent ends. And a violent season premiere. ;)

Man, that's a higher body count than I expected based on the finale.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Can someone explain something for me -

why do people in management think that Bernard is Bernard ? I mean he died 30 years ago right ? And even if they don't know he died he clearly hasn't aged .

Master_Rebado likes this.
  11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Arnold died 30 years ago, and management didn't know him.

Bernard is simply Bernard to them - they don't know what Arnold looked like.

12. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    but there's pictures of him isn't there ? plus - Arnold must've worked and known a bunch of people .

13. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    1 -Arnold died about 40-35 years prior to the events in S1;
    2 -The show makes clear that almost everybody but The Man in Black believes the park was created by Ford all by himself ( he probably took advantage of how Arnold died and basicly cover it up his participation in the development of the park).
    But yes, it's a bit far fetched.

14. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    There are no pictures of him except the one Ford had. Logan tells William that he knows Ford had a partner that died, but Delos' investigators have failed to find any information on him as Ford has scrubbed the records clean. We've got to assume Ford got rid of Arnold's co-workers one way or another.

gezvader28 likes this.
  15. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    wasn't there a faked picture of Ford and Arnold in season 1 ? with a different person as Arnold?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  16. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I think there was a picture of Ford, Arnold, and someone else, but we only saw Ford and the other guy because we were seeing what Bernard saw, and he unconsciously edited out himself. I think that was it. I haven't quite finished my re-watch of season 1 yet.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    "Dreams are not real." Yet Bernard is loaded with them from the 2 weeks he lost. And now the dangers are real as The Man In Black seems rather pleased about.

So we see the depths Delos has gotten into; a facility that even Bernard knew nothing about. And within we have the collection of guests memories and DNA samples. Blackmail? Replacements to be created for victims in the outer world?

Speaking of worlds...6 parks? West World, Samurai World, Roman World, Medieval World. Bengal Tigers are native to southern Asia...India world of some form?

The MIB does have a game of his own to play now. The kid was hard to understand so a little looking reveals "The Door" for MIB.

The trap with the jeep, I think the female leader was the host who first gave MIB his choice of white hat or black hat.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I very much enjoyed the season premiere.

The episode opened with Arnold talking to Dolores, but then it cuts to Bernard on the beach 2 weeks after the events of Season 1. Bernard seems to be semi self aware yet it's kept intentionally vague as we go on the journey with him. Are the others (the "rescue" team) going to figure it out? Are they going to assassinate him like the others? Eventually we visit the aftermath of the new narrative and we see Ford's body being eaten by maggots. Do maggots eat host bodies because I don't believe for a second that Ford is really dead. I believe he used the same catalyst that was used before the park first opened to kick-start the hosts to become "self aware". Are they really self aware, or did Ford program them to kill his partner Arnold? Are they just following another program? Anyway, Bernard says, concerning the hosts, at the end of the episode that he "killed them all". Seed #1

Meanwhile, we get some flashbacks concerning Bernard 2 weeks prior where Season 1 left off. He and a few guests survive the shoot out, later survive a trap, and make it to some hidden area that he didn't know about but Charlotte Hale (Tessa Thompson) knew about. There's a pretty important scene that is pushed aside that this hidden area is taking GUEST memories and DNA. Seed #2

The writers also make it a point in this episode to show us multiple times that there is a white fist size object in each host's brain that holds their memories. I don't recall seeing that in Season 1, so I think it's new. We do know that Charlotte put all the data from the park into Peter Abernathy's brain, who was supposed to be delivered off park, aka the package, but it was not received. Seed #3

Elsewhere, we find out that Dolores appears to be fully self aware and has one part to play - herself. She leaves some guests to die, but is seen killing a bunch on horseback like a badass. She has some things to show to Teddy to reveal the truth. Angela, another original host, the one that gave the young William (future Man in Black) his hat choice, appears to be on the level with Dolores as well. It appears that Dolores's end goal is not to find a nice place to live quietly, but prevent those that would enslave her mind to ever do so again. Seed #4

Speaking of William, the Man in Black is alive (of course) and after surviving a mini shoot out, tends to his wounds, and proceeds on a new adventure. He runs into the young Ford robot whose voice is a combination of a young boy, old Ford, and techno babble almost like it's malfunctioning. He says he has a game for him to find a door. William is finally where he wants to be because the threat of death is actually real this time so we get to follow his journey as well. Seed #5

Last, and certainty not least, Maeve is on a mission. She wants to find her daughter. She gets partnered with the guy everyone loves to hate, Lee Sizemore, who almost gets her killed, but she keeps him alive because he knows the park and she needs his help. They run into Hector Escaton who also joins them on their journey. She doesn't use any special commands, but appears to be able to command the hosts. I hope they explain that. Seed #6

Well if my brain hasn't forgotten anything, I count six seeds planted and ready to grow into what will be a hell of a ride concerning Season 2. Based on the weeks ahead preview, not only will is flash between present and two weeks prior, but it appears to flash back to the beginning of the park where we'll see young William again, and just a guess but we might get flash forward in the future as well, where Dolores appears to be in a city. This could be the outside world or maybe there is a park based on a city. I'm looking forward to the journey into night.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I thought she gained her ability to command hosts last season via programming. I'd have to review that fact though.

20. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I am thinking that the Teddy floating in the sea is not the real Teddy. If that makes sense.

What happened to the programmer lady that the head of security went looking for last season? Also it wouldn't surprise me if the head of security is now a host.

21. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    All Right, let's go.
    From what i've heard most people believe the scene with Bernard and Charlotte happened before the "beach" scenes. My theory is that's incorrect. The Bernard/Charlotte happens after whatever ocurred after the Delos team rescued Bernard in the "beach".
    One thing that i found bizarre in the Bernard/Charlotte scene is that Bernard was allowed to enter in the room after his DNA was scanned. Well since Bernard is a host, how would he have DNA in first place. Plus the hosts in that scene are far diferent from everything we have seen so far, hardly looking humanoid at all.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The hosts are organic and have DNA in order to be as human as possible. The hosts in the safe house lab are what hosts look like without their human skin. This was shown a number of times in Season One.

23. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    I don't think so - when the team on the beach investigate the dead host's final moments, we find out that the footage was recorded 11 days previously, suggesting the beach scenes are further along in the timeline. Plus, Charlotte says there'll be no rescue coming until the Delos people on the outside get their 'package'. Presumably, her being able to get the Peter Abernathy host sent out to them at some point triggers the arrival of the rescue team seen in the beach scenes.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    They might pull another fast one on us, but since they revealed two timelines in Season 1, we're dealing with at least three in Season 2.
    Timeline 1: immediately after the events of Season 1, after Ford is shot and the next narrative begins "Journey into Night" which is the name of the first episode of the 2nd season
    Timeline 2: Two weeks later when the "rescue" team shows up (I put rescue in quotes because I don't think they're there to rescue anyone. (a) It may be Delos who want Abernathy, (b) it may be Charlotte's extraction team who also wants Abernathy, and we assume is also Delos, but may be a rival company trying to get their hands on the host/guest data, (c) maybe they indeed are there to rescue, but right now they seem concerned with understanding what happened in the two week interum)
    Timeline 3: Early park opening events with young William

Timeline 1:
    Bernard & Charlotte finding secret bunker
    Dolores & Teddy causing mayhem
    Maeve & crew looking for her daughter
    MIB (Man in Black) door adventure

Timeline 2:
    Bernard & "Rescue" team

Timeline 3:
    Appeared in some of Bernard's flashes, possibly
    Was definitely shown in the "weeks ahead" segment

Potential Timeline 4:
    Dolores in a city
    (a) could be a flash forward
    (b) William's fiance picture left in Westworld has a city background, and we know young William falls in love with Dolores in Season 1 so maybe he has a copy made or something and since he's rich he gets her a place in the city in the real world
    (c) City World could be one of the other 6 parks
    (d) could be a false narrative planted in Bernard's head to give him hope and his virtual maze game to find his inner self awareness

25. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    A couple more West world thoughts:
    1) The last we saw of Stubbs, he was being taken down by Ghost Nation. How did he get away, apparently unharmed? Could he possibly also now be a host version of himself?
    2) 'Doesn't look like anything to me'. Damn Dolores, that is cold. I have mixed feelings about Dolores going all avenging-Angel on both the humans and her fellow hosts.
    3) I approve of Charlotte finding herself a pair of comfy boots to wear. Atta girl.
    4) Did the explanation of why the humans can suddenly be hurt by host weapons - that they're now being recognised as hosts - ring a little unlikely to anybody else? That makes it seem like guests could previously have been inured/killed by a stray bullet, even if the host programming wouldn't allow them to be directly targeted.