main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Whar Are You Watching This Season?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by m0rpheus, Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Now that the new Fall TV Season is full gear...well almost, what shows are you watching regularly? List 'em and explain why.

NOTE: Just a warning here. ObiBamm watches every single show on TV. So he'll list about 100 shows. He is the ultimate TV junkie.

2. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    My favorite shows to watch. In alphabetical order.

Band of Brothers
    There are almost no words to describe this WWII mini-series on HBO. It follows the men of EASY COMPANY of the 501st Airborn, and how they were instrumental in helping win the war in the European front. True story produced and developed by Tom Hanks and Senior Speilburgo. If you haven't watched this, wait for the reruns and catch up. You will not be disappointed.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    I am forever in debt to Kurgan and SithDaddy for this one. They rode my arse for years telling me I was missing out on the greatest show on TV. They got me hooked last season, and now with the FX reruns I've been catching up on what has become one of my fav TV shows of all time. If you're not watching this you're a looser.

CSI
    Rob reminded me of this one. I can't believe I forgot it. I love this show too.

Enterprise
    It's really, really, really good. That doesn't mean it's great...yet. I looking forward to episodes NOT written or developed by Berman and Bragga.

Friends
    Always loved this show. Glad to see the focus shifting away from Monica and CHandler. They really wore that one out.

Samurai Jack
    Best Cartoon Ever. Absolutely riveting and gorgious. Like me. :)

Smallville
    Major surprise hit. By far the best new show of the season. 1st two episodes have been AWESOME. Finally someone is getting a superhero tv show right. Could possibly become my favorite show by the end of the season if they keep up with the good writing. Love the little story tributes to the Superman movie and certain aspects of the legacy all together.

Survivor Africa
    Why the hell not.

The West Wing
    Considered one of the greatest TV shows of all time. An EMMY darling, and just all around fantastic writting and cast.

Of course the following shows have yet to premeire as of this writing. We have a few weeks though.

The XFiles
    My second favorite tv show of all time. I'm still loyal.

This Keefer Sutherland starring CIA show has all the crittics in a buzz. THey say this is the BEST new show in a long time.

JLA
    This is SO going to rock.

3. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Well, most of you already know what I watch, but I'll list it here anyway.

On Mondays, I watch Angel. Good show, good spin-off, although it's not quite as strong as it's source.

Tuesdays are the nights I really look forward to. Then I have Buffy and Smallville. Buffy has been nothing short of spectacular this season, and I have to say that last night's episode kept me in stitches for an entire hour. It is scary how well Joss Whedon knows fanboys. Now, for Smallville, I wasn't really looking forward to this show. It just didn't seem all that good in the previews. But by chance, I tuned into the premiere and found that I couldn't have been more wrong. What I found was a very dark, character-driven show about Superman's formative years. It's obvious the makers of the show really love the characters, and are really interested in doing the story justice, as well as creating some great television. Hopefully it will keep up the momentum, because it has the potential to be something that will revitalize the Superman franchise. And hey, they aren't having to resort to killing him or turning him into two people to do it! =)

Wednesdays are Enterprise night. So far, it's been okay. Nothing spectacular, although the possibility is there. Then again, that possibility was there with Voyager and it just went nowhere for seven years. Hopefully that won't happen this time around, and they'll really get big on character development and setting the groundwork for the entire Trek universe in a way that we will find captivating.

Thursdays I just watch Friends. Still funny and creative, even after seven seasons, although most of the actors do seem a little bored with it now. And it's still the only sitcom that I can stomach.

That's it for me. I really don't watch all that much television, but I will say that I'm watching more this season than I have in a while. But if I had to rank the shows that I like, I'd say:

1. Buffy
    2. Smallville
    3. Angel
    4. Friends
    5. Enterprise

4. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    What I've seen of Band of Brothers was really good (just the first 2 eps), but I don't have HBO. However, I know they're already planning a big DVD box set, so I'll definitely be picking that one up when it comes out. I'd prefer it that way anyway, because it'll look and sound better, have those nifty extras, and I'll be able to watch the whole thing.

FULL SEASON DVD SETS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!

5. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    -band of brothers
    if you don't know by now, i aint telling ya.
    -samurai jack
    see above
    -scrubs
    funny and well written
    -law & order: ci
    tho it really doesn't seem all that different from the other L&O shows, i really dig vincent d's character.
    -west wing
    this season, so far, hasn't been as strong, but i'm still a fan

-enterprise
    once a trek fan, always a trek fan

-smallville
    outstanding so far

-junkyard wars
    love this show, i want so badly to be on it

can't stand:
    -UC undercover
    lame.
    -crossing jordon
    lame.
    -mind of a married man
    he needs to just cheat aready and get it over with

looking forward too:
    -JLA
    bruce timm and paul dini are my heros
    need to see a few of these before i decide it it's worth it

6. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Band of Bros.

South Park

Drew Carey

Junkyard Wars

what ever is on History, TLC, Discovery.

7. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    (Cracking Knuckles)

Yes, I am a junkie. Working nights, you have to tape stuff so you don't have to watch infomercials while you eat.

SUNDAY:
    ALIAS- Good stuff, but continuity will KILL you.
    LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT- Look at the first three words.
    UC: UNDERCOVER- Don't care what Stone says, it's good. And it's got ODED f'n FEHR. And kickass guest stars

MONDAY:
    Football and RAW. Sue me.

TUESDAY:
    THAT '70S SHOW- Great comedic writing, and Donna. Hmmm... Donna.
    UNDECLARED- One of the funniest new shows of the season.
    DHARMA & GREG- Getting back to the goofiness it once had.
    SPIN CITY- I'm FINALLY getting used to Sheen.
    PHILLY- Still getting its legs, but a solid cast.

WEDNESDAY:
    ED- If you haven't checked this out, put down the crack pipe and do so. I'm kinda upset they changed the theme song, but the good stuff's still there. The $10 bets alone are worth it.
    THE WEST WING- Greatness. 'Nuff said.
    LAW & ORDER- The original, and still the best. Watch the reruns on A&E and catch up.
    ENTERPRISE- I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for the franchise. And CHANGE THE THEME SONG.
    THE DREW CAREY SHOW- Getting back to good.

THURSDAY:
    FRIENDS- Been covered.
    INSIDE SCHWARTZ- Funny stuff, and makes me long for "Herman's Head". The show, you morons.
    WILL & GRACE- Great writing, and Debra Messing's HOT.
    JUST SHOOT ME- Still as funny as it used to be.
    SURVIVOR- This one's not as good as the last two, but it's the principle of the thing.
    CSI- I will put this show on a level with LAW & ORDER. It's that good.
    THE AGENCY- Not a bad little show, and a good ensemble cast.

FRIDAY:
    THE MOLE- I'm a sucker for reality TV. Execpt for crap like CHAINS OF LOVE.
    THIEVES- It's kinda fun to watch Stamos CHASE chicks for a change.

SATURDAY:
    Nothing. That's why it's Saturday.

Interested in SMALLVILLE, but someone who has the touch forgot to bring it to Bat Con.

I HAVE SPOKEN!

(Thunder, and then lightning bolt ends up striking his foot)

Damn. Gotta work on that.

8. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    I did bring it, actually. You forgot to remind me to get it.

9. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    ok
    lets look at this weeks [ving rhames] UC:UC

jake went from street thug to the guys head of security, implicitly trusted, in 10 minutes.

the click went from replacement madam to implicitly trusted by the chinese guys, so much so that she convinced one of them to off the other chinese guy in 10 minutes.

might rename the show to "short attention-span theater"

UC: Undercover where the UC stands for "unable to concentrate for more than 5 minutes on the plot line"

...wait.... what was i talking about again?

10. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, working 12 hour shifts and being a father and having a wife at TCU, causes me to read more than watch TV. So, I watch few shows. But here's mine.
    -ER
    -Enterprise
    -Gilmore Girls (I did not want to hear any crap about that one!)
    -Dark Angel (mmmmmm Jessica Alba!)
    -Once and again
    -Andromeda (Hey, it's come a long way, baby!)

old-master has spoken.......

11. SITHlord15

SITHlord15 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2001
    my favorite shows are:
    band of brothers
    the simpsons
    scrubs
    friends
    uc undercover
    drew carey
    JLA
    and the tellie-tubbies

12. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    Well being a mommy and a girl scouts leader keeps me busy, but I do watch some TV.

Monday(nothing-girl scouts meeting)
    Tuesday-JAG or HGTV
    Wednesday-nothing-church and choir
    Thurday-Whose Line is it anyway?(I need to laugh)
    Friday-Sci-fi Invisible Man and Farscape
    Satuarday

13. Loudox

Loudox Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2001
    Wow..I just can't get into Network TV.

I find myself sticking to the shows with real meat on them like

The Sopranos
    Six Feet Under
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Mind of a Married Man

and "Farscape". Thank God the Sci-fi channel has a incerdible well written show that could never be shown on Network TV.

Everything else on Network TV just seems so weak and trite. I have a few friends who say Buffy is good. I will have to wait for the 1st season DVD this January to judge. I saw the first episode of Enterprise but it's hard to get past the theme song.

I also have to watch Survivor as we have an office contest involved and I want to win the $800 pot.

Do yourself a favor and check out "Farscape" if you haven't already. It's dark but it's greatness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.