main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What a Good Story this is......If you forget right!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth-Kevin-Thomas, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I was thinking to my self at work how the saga would look and feel without knowing OT or seeing any pre-views. Lucas created such a complex web of twists and decite, it's hard to un-learn what you have learned. If you will.

::What if we saw all of PT then OT without knowing darth vader was anakin

::What if we didn't know dooku was sith (this kinda sucked becuase all of AOTC we knew that dooku was sith, through toys or spoilers)

::Still not knowing luke was the son of vader and leia was lukes sister.

Stuff like that

It's kinda fun just to reflect on that, let me know what you think.

2. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I agree that it would be cool...but we'd also miss out on some stuff...such as having no idea who Yoda was and thinking that he was just some crazy old creature living in a swamp. I would miss that.

3. RogueSith

RogueSith Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2001
    "What if we saw all of PT then OT without knowing darth vader was anakin"

How? Don't you think E-III would kind of blow that surprise?
    I mean for somebody watching the saga for the first time, and in order I-VI, it won't be any surprise in ESB when Vader reveals the truth to Luke.

4. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Actually, Darth Kevin makes a good point about Dooku. We would not know that it is possible for a Jedi to turn to the Darkside, so Dooku would be even more ambiguous.

5. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    in some cases it would be cool, to of have them made in order. But the comment about knowing Dooku was sith, wouldn't be a problem, if you remained spoiler free.
    in regards to what would be cool, not knowing that Palps becomes the Emp, and only seeing him as a Chancellor, and Sidious as the sith bad dude, and not knowing the two were the same person (if indeed they really are the same person, as we will only find out in 2 years and 3 months).

6. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    If the episodes had of been released 1-6, AotC would have never been made.

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    It would be really cool to think that Anakin is going to overcome his dark feelings and save the galaxy when all of a sudden he becomes a Sith lord and helps killing all the Jedi! [face_shocked]

8. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Sep 27, 2002
    Ternian that's not what's being discussed. Perhaps someone sat down to watch SW and started from 1 then 2 then 3...I think it would be mind blowing for them to see what unfolds. And i guess the whole luke being vaders son wouldn't be that amazing. We know that Anakin Skywalker turns bad, then in ANH, luke "Skywalker" I didn't think about that till now.

9. Dusty_Bin

Dusty_Bin Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    wot if in episode III GL makes it that its hard to tell if Anakin becomes Vader? at present we all KNOW that Anakin becomes Vader but lets say, for example, some kid in 30 years time sits down with no knowledge of star wars and watches them in order- maybe Episode III will be left open to interpretation as whether Anakin is Vader so the surprise is STILL there in TESB for this kid in 30 years time. I would love to see how someone in the future will react to seeing the whole lot in a row without prior knowledge.

10. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    "What if we saw all of PT then OT without knowing darth vader was anakin"

It would be good to be able to do this.
    Oh well I guess I will live this through my kids(when they are born) when they watch the films in order.

Some things though in the OT wouldn't have the same impact if Episode 3 reveals that Anakin becomes Darth Vader or shows Luke and Leia with padme as we know that Anakin didn't know about Leia being his daughter.

11. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    wot if in episode III GL makes it that its hard to tell if Anakin becomes Vader?

People talk about that all the time, but theres the pesky little problem of Obi-Wans "Darth Vader was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil" thing in ANH. That pretty much spoils the "surprise" in ESB.

Face it, if you watch SW out of order, that is eps1-6, theres so many things you miss out on. But the same case can be made for the real order, OT-PT.

The point is you gotta choose for yourself which way you'll watch it. Theres advantages and disadvantages to either way.

In this Weenie's humble opinion, his children will one day watch them in OT-PT order. IWO, it is the only way to go.

But you choose for yourself.

12. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Sep 27, 2002
    i agree with weenie, the way luca did it would probably be the way i would recommend it for people to see 4-6 then 1-3. But maybe i'll show my kids when the come along 1-6. just becuase they probably won't be able to remeber all that happend.

I would be interesting to see if it's not clear that anakin is vader. We all know just becuase we are such avid fans. But to the untrained eye, what will happen.

Will it be like in LOTR where PJ had to idiot proof the whole movie or will ep 3 be for the fans and not for the general public to watch "one afternoon" if you will.
    hmmm
    kt out

13. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I think what people fail to realise, is that in terms of the overall Saga, The Revelation from Vader to Luke in Empire was NEVER really meant to be that big a surprise.

Of course it was a surprise for those that saw Empire in 1980, but for future generations I think the surprise won't be that Luke finds out Vader is his father, but that Vader TELLS Luke. Because for me, this is the first indication the viewer get's that Vader might not be totally evil, after all. That there might just be some good left in him.....

Thats the surprise, IMO.

14. Dusty_Bin

Dusty_Bin Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    good point, G-FETT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.