Chic, IL WHAT A ROCKIN' BBQ!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by DarthAstuart, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    just wanted to say what a great time today was. We moved a ton of our T-shirts and drawing tickets, handed out our first two drawing prizes (smuggled R2-D2 and Jango Fett figures, which were procured by that fantabulous dame JediAutobot in one of her spice runs) and somehow stayed a little warm, i think. though i have a slight cold.

anyway, THANKS to jodokast and the lovely mrs. jodokast for hosting, and to everyone who came, it was great to hang. also, thanks again to the indy knights crew for trekking out and hanging with us.

generally speaking, i had a blast.
  2. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a great time too.
    Thank you Jodokast & Mrs for
    opening up your home (and garage)
    for this motley crew of SW fans.
  3. Rex_Karrde Jedi Knight

star 3
    It was a blast, specially the "Arrachera'. And Mark thanx for the SW toys, my kids love you for them.

All kiding aside, thanx Mark & Mrs. JKast for having us over, the Indy Knights for coming over and all the newbies that made it. I hope you guys enjoyed your time there and did not loose your mind.
  4. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I also want to thank everyone who helped to make this a fantastic time! It was great to see a lot of the new people make it out, especially considering it wasn't the warmest of days. You all make me proud to be a Star Wars fan! I hope to see a lot of you at our future events!

Phil
  5. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Martha and I had alot of fun with everyone that showed up. Thanks to those who made the long trek from Indy, Houston, and the country of Plainfield.(Hope Jeff caught his flight home ok) It was a great time, went through lots of food, had a birthday cake. What more could you ask for? Ok, maybe a few degrees warmer. :p

Oh yeah, and Charlie already misses all the attention!!
  6. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Mad props to Chicago Force, great BBQ and we had a blast meeting everyone. Hopefully, the Indy Knights can return the favor in the near future!!!
  7. BroSuess Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guys thanks for the BBQ can't wait to do it again and nice to meet all of you!
  8. gharyz Jedi Knight

star 1
    Let me add my thanks to the hosts and planners of the BBQ. It was nice to meet you in person and I look forward to seeing familiar faces in the lines at Midnight Madness, C2, and the movie.
  9. dstagl Jedi Knight

AHHHH! Oh, no! I missed the BBQ! Why did I think it was the 24th? Why on earth would I think you would have it on a Wednesday?!?

Dave
  10. madchimp Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you Jodo and the gang----it was one hell of a BBQ---I had a blast. It was a fun time! I hope to see you all at the Celebration---not too mention I am sure I will considering my buddy has a room secured at the courtyard with you all!

Rich
  11. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Great time, great food, and don't worry, everyone... I'm starting an official investigation into Phil's winning of the Jango Fett figure first thing Monday.

You're going down, my raffle-fixin' friend.

-Le Penguin
    "Two injections of insulin, and suddenly I'm a doctor."
  12. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    Most heard conversation after the drawing.

Attendee #1 "That wasn't fair!"
    Attendee #2 "Why not?"
    Attendee #1 "Because I didn't win!"

:)
  13. podracerdave Force Ghost

Yes, nice meeting all of you! Had a great time, hope to see you at Celebration - however, I'll be staying at a different hotel, but I'll be sure to drop by the booth!
  14. TomTav Jedi Knight

star 1
    I too wanted to add my voice in thanking Frank (who I could not stop calling Dave :(-sorry frank) & his family for hosting a great BBQ.

My wife & I had a great time and met some great people. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again at C2.

Thanks Again Frank & CF

Oh and the shirts look great..
  15. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    I would also like to voice my thanks to Mark and his lovely wife Martha. I had a blast. ;) I hope it won't take too long for you and your home to recover.

~H~
  16. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Who the heck is Frank? My last name is Franklin........ah, well, close enough.

WOOOHOOOOO!!! GOT POST # 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Elf Jedi Master

star 4
    Guys (and girls)

It was great meeting all of you, even if I can't remember who was who and who has what handle.

I look forward to meeting you at future Chicago force Events...if I can make the trek from Houston. :p
  18. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Sorry I didn't make it. I know neighbors Mark and they said that the party seemed pretty cool. Ah well.
  19. TomTav Jedi Knight

star 1
    mark, mark mark mark
    sorry
  20. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    tom tom tom.........no prob
  21. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, Frank Marklin is a swell guy for hosting. And Frank, don't be to insulted for being called Dave. Tom, we kicked that Dave guy out of Chicago Force a long time ago for being such a friggin' gimp.
  22. TomTav Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can you tell why I am not in sales?
  23. JediLars Jedi Master

star 2
    Both my wife and I enjoyed the BBQ. It was great seeing old faces and meeting new one!!

Thanks for the wonderful card!!

JediLars
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.