main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What about a "Best Profile" contest?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by benkenobi151, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    I've been really bored the past week so I've had a lot of time to think. I was wondering. What about a best profile contest. Users or mods could nominate users who they feel have interesting profiles. Then users(or mods if you want to avoid pandemonium) could vote on them. The winner could receive colors and/or the right to put "Best Profile, ____" in their profile or sig. So..., what do you think?

2. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    You can just use the *Rate the Profile Above You* thread in YJCC. I think an "official" contest would just turn into a popularity contest and not a fair competition anyway. A single, ongoing thread is just easier than an actual contest.

3. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    I see... :D Sorry for clogging up the forum. [face_peace]

4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Well, it's not just that, I just don't think anyone cares all that much about who has the best profile.

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    pardon me, but enough with the "User Does Something Random Best" contests :p

All of them are bad popularity contests and I'm sure there's better things to award stuff for.

and we wouldn't actually keep anyone from putting "Best Profile on the JC" into their sig, contest or not :p

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I think your idea is a good one. This is what the Comms Forum is about. Thanks for suggesting it. But as Dark_Jedi_Kenobi pointed out, we have something exactly like you're talking about in an existing thread. We won't be assigning it as a contest in which users will receive VIP status and a title. Keep thinking up ideas, though. :)

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Everyone knows Dan has the best profile, so there's no point.

8. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    [Luke]I care.[/Luke]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.