main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What about a Empire-based Animated Series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Apr 22, 2015.

?

Animated Series based off the Empire?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    An Empire based tv series sounds cool. I'd love more lines like, "Look, sir, droids!" or "You rebel scum." More developed personalities for the stormtroopers would be neat; they seem like fun guys.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I would hang out with the Stormies, would you?

3. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

"Stormtroopers. Cool guys, very professional. 10/10. Would be murdered again."​
    - Uncle_Lars1977​

4. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    And I like to see Imperial equivalents to the Ghosts' perceived notable restraint, I can't see Tarkins Doctrine being that widely followed or else we'd be seeing more unrest in the Core Worlds something that doesn't appear to be the case and that I'd like explained.

5. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'll take any television series. More SW is always welcomed, regardless of what faction they focus on.

Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever get a series from the Imperial point of view. The Empire is the big bad guy, and normally they want audiences to root against (or love to hate) the bad guys, and cheer for the heroes. Maybe a live action series would suit an evil side better.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    The Ghost crew is not restrained at all and I ignore Tarkin's Doctrine, it's not mentioned in the film. However, obviously Rebels are rebelling for some reason even though I don't think they should.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Sometimes, a government is so cruel, brutal, and repressive, that rebelling becomes the most moral answer, or the least bad answer.

"Fear will keep the local systems in line"

Before the Death Star, it was fear of Star Destroyers, and other Imperial tools of reprisal.

8. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

When 'Base Delta Zero' is described as an 'Imperial Initiative' to 'Liberate' planets... I think rebelling is the only moral choice.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I seriously doubt that EVERYONE who works for the Empire is that evil/brutal. In fact, that'd be dumb. Some of them have to be buying into the BS. Either they genuinely believe that the Empire is a good thing overall, or they have doubts but still prefer it over the alternative (which would be chaos/anarchy from their perspective), or they consider themselves to be just "professionals doing a job, etc." Exploring those kinds of ideas in a TV show could be really interesting if done well. Show that there's a wide-variety of "Imperials," not just arrogant/evil White British guys.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  10. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Wasn't Thrawn pretty fair with his subordinates overall, I'd say so. If I remember correctly (it's been awhile since I read the books), he only executes like one guy who proves to be hopelessly incompetent.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. A point is made every time Thrawn shows mercy, of how this is atypical of Imperial leadership - Vader would have handed out executions, and even the more easy-going Pellaeon thinks "a more punitive response is called for" at times.

12. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Well just have a variety of command styles. "Thrawn style," "Vader style," and everything in-between. So that there's variety.

Iron_lord and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  13. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    Your point is well seen. And you're right, an Empire tv series could get nasty. However, I still think it would be interesting to see the personalities of stormtroopers. The guys who brutally murdered Beru and Owen are the same guys who can't fight a bunch of Ewoks with sticks and rocks and spout funny quotes.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    A bit like with the incompetent, silly-seeming battle droids - cracking open escape pods and killing all the clones inside, in the Malevolence arc.

15. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I think giving a few episodes over to Imperials in Rebels would work. like having an episode about stormtroopers and giving them personalities like they did with the clones. I don't think we need a whole separate TV series for them, though. After all, they are the bad guys.

16. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    They could easily do this Rebels, no need for another show.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, another show.

18. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    An interesting point.

The series did start off more along the lines of them smuggling to keep themselves operational developing ties by helping those less fortunate on the world they're based on.

The only part of the pilot that could be construed as actually good intentioned is rescuing the enslaved wookies who for all intent was enslaved because they were more inclined to support the Jedi over the organisation that in their eyes betrayed them.

Now have they released that tie in book involving the Emperor and Vader being stranded on Ryloth and involving Hera's father where we might learn the true extent to how Hera herself was introduced to the Empire's nature?

Now a live action series could handle this more properly, have reactions from both sides and maybe make it clear the Sith, Inquisitors and all are separate from the Empire in that whilst the Emperor rules the Empire itself isn't inherently evil its those in charge and those that commit those deeds that bring that about.

So neither is wholly good but also not wholly evil we have no idea what happened to Kallus to turn him into what he is on the show, Sabine as noted is a demolition expert you can't hardly view her as good if she's setting up explosives devices that should normally make her the most bloodthirsty of the Ghosts crew.

I wonder what led her to her current role and how does that make her better than the people she fights?

19. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    Fighting against slavery, systematic starvation, and galaxy wide oppression from a genocidal dicatorship makes her much better than guys fighting for slavery, genocide, etc. Furthermore she avoids targeting civilians unlike the people she fights, and she does not torture prisoners unlike the people she fights...
    I fail to see how there is any moral ambiguity. It is very clear who is good and who is evil.

jakobitis89 and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd rather see a series before TPM with Dooku, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan, unknowingly dealing with the hidden machinations of the Sith. Or a series between TPM and AOTC with Obi-Wan and Anakin (maybe have Dooku be a main character as well and show his transformation over the first season, and then for the rest of the show, tell us how he laid the groundwork for the CIS and the Sith - it would be a good chance to show Dooku, like Sidious, was an expert at political manipulation).

21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't think we need any of that. Most here consider Dooku Blacker than Black already. What SW needs is balance and depth and if an Imperial centered show were handled well it could do wonders.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It would be interesting to see Dooku's fall - how he first met Sidious in his Sith identity - what he did on Sidious's orders, and so forth.

23. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Or more importantly if it was Qui-Gonn's death that ultimately turned the Count into the service of the Sith?

I think by that point he was well on his way, the real question is was the purpose of the blockade not just to help Palpatine become the Supreme Chancellor but to seal Count Dooku's place at Palpatine's side?