main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What about Greg Keyes serial in S.W. Gamer??

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Leader, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Leader

Jedi_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    With all the talk being thrown around about Star Wars Gamer being on indefinite hold after issue #10, what will be the fate of Greg Keyes NJO serial.

Man, I hope that it won't just drift off to the VOID only three parts into the story. (Provided #10 really does come out)

Maybe, they will continue it in the Insider.

Opinions??

2. Roa

Roa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2002
    I'd like to know the answer to that myself.

3. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    I still see lots of possibilities that are not limited to the following:

The Gamer will continue and we'll see Keyes' novella completed within those Gamer Issues as originally planned.

The Gamer will be suspended indefinitely, but the Keyes' novella will continue to be released, with publication either on the Wizards of the Coast site, the Official SW Site, the Star Wars Insider, or some new as yet unnamed, unannounced SW magazine/journal/periodical.

The Gamer will be reinvented in a new format - possibly with a new title - and Keyes' novella will be released either in part or in it's entirety.

The Gamer will be suspended indefinitely, and Keyes' entire "Emissaries of the Void" novella will be released as an e-book.

The Gamer will be suspended indefinitely, yet all or part of the "Emissaries of the Void" novella will be released with one or more Del Rey published novels or other products, (Remember Jim Luceno's Darth Maul e-book?).

The Gamer will be suspended indefinitely, and "Emissaries of the Void" will be featured in a subsequent Wizards of the Coast NJO based Sourcebook and/or RPG Supplement.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

The possibilities are only limited to the imagination of LFL and the various licensees. For example, comic adaptation by Dark Horse Comics' anyone? So who knows. Only time will tell.

Sincerely,

Ana V

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I hope its published as an eBook or in Insider.

5. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I hope it's published like the Tales books...

Tales from the New Jedi Order, including Recovery and Emissary of the Void =P

6. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Recovery is slated to be published in the SBS paperback, so no problems there. I'd really like to see another Tales collection of Gamer/AJ/G stories, the complete Emissaries story could be a selling point, much as the two novellas were with TOTE and TFTNR. "Tales From the Jedi, featuring a new novella by Greg Keyes, published here for the first time in it's entirety ."

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.