Speculation What Actor Should Play A Young Male Skywalker Jedi ? (Images)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Blue_Jedi33, Nov 15, 2012.

1. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    As long as he doesn't do any "timey-whymy" or wears specs for no reason :)
  2. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    That kid was surprisingly good - how did they get a performance like that out of a 5 year old.

Unless he is always bold like that :eek:
  3. NileQT87 Force Ghost

star 1
    But gawping is fun!

[IMG]

;)
    laurethiel1138 likes this.
  4. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool. Now go say the same thing in the female jedi casting thread. No, I'll wait.
  5. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Dude, I am a guy. I legit put forward ideas for male characters not teen heart throbs. Needless to say, there is a female thread with half naked female actresses. I don't see the problem if fan girls want to drool just like the guys. It boosts sales, we get more movies. Just have to deal with an excuse for the male lead to take his shirt off at least once.
    kainee and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  6. NileQT87 Force Ghost

star 1
    LawJedi, I'm female. You do understand that, right? I like strong females, but let's face it, I do like men. Same as the guys in the half-naked actresses thread like women. In fact, I'd imagine that it's men who are pulling for females to be the center of attention all the time in the film!

In case you missed it, I wrote a big old thing about how Carrie Fisher gave it as much as she got it and was hardly a soubrette princess damsel and was hardly cast for just her looks (she went to a fat farm before shooting ANH), but rather the fact that she was the best person for the part (also note that a lot of the Lukes and Leias were tested against Harrison Ford, as he was doing carpentry where they were casting) and had the right spunky personality that sparked against Harrison and Mark. In fact, there wouldn't have even been a Han/Leia romance at all if it hadn't been noted during ANH that Harrison and Carrie had fireworks of chemistry (and well, they had an affair). Leia was originally intended to end up with Luke, with the twin sister revealed in Episodes VII-IX. That's how actor chemistry informed the plot.

Females need spunkiness and they have to become iconic faces of the franchise (I was hardly saying that a female wouldn't be--these movies are ENSEMBLE pieces where the main heroes are ALL iconic faces of the franchise). But you're hardly going to ask a female to look masculine next to Harrison. Obviously, everyone cast needs to be somewhat capable of or familiar with stunts and working with special effects. My only point about that was the fact that Shia LaBeouf was less than convincing as Harrison's son because he was a dorky, comedic actor (he doesn't really give off a mature vibe either--Harrison seemed mature and adult even back when he was playing television cowboys and his first role as a bellboy back in the '60s!) who never quite felt like he was a real dramatic actor who could handle an action/adventure franchise. He could never headline any further sequels by himself. With Star Wars, they need a full cast of new people who CAN. I want even the youngest kid actor in the film to feel like a mature actor beyond their years. Honestly, Carrie Fisher never seemed like she was only 19!

And you are going to want very different things depending on what the characters are expected to perform. An innocent, dreamer character who redeems his father is going to go to a different actor than a jaded smuggler with a heart of gold. If Jacen's arc is to turn to the dark side, he's going to be cast with a different actor than one who is going to be a shiny white knight.

When I bring up actors (ignoring the fact that I'm obviously a Whovian, same as the people bringing up half the cast of Lost), I am very much suggesting people who are dramatic actors who can act their socks off and are known for being extremely respected actors. I've even noted their personalities and what kinds of characters they typically play. It's not just because they look good with their shirts off (let's face it, the new leads are not going to be just any average looking person unless they're going to be dressed up in costumes--Dave Prowse, after all, was a massive 6'7" body, not a pretty face with James Earl Jones' voice dubbed over his British one that used to make people laugh on set).
    Last edited by NileQT87, Nov 17, 2012
    Trebor Sabreon and kainee like this.
  7. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
  8. Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Eddie Redmayne might be a decent choice for Luke's son:
    [IMG]
    Chels likes this.
  9. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    [IMG]
    Shylar Astin: Pitch Perfect
    Looks like a possible Jacen
  10. mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    don't ask me why but liam hemsworth.
    Last edited by mattman8907, Nov 20, 2012
  11. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    OMG yes, we have to get Jim Parson's on this project.
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  12. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4

Apparently Eric Cartman has graced us with his presence. ;)
    Jedi_Lover and TreborSabreon like this.
  13. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4
    What about a female Skywalker or Solo Jedi?
    Last edited by DRush76, Nov 20, 2012
  14. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Whole other thread on that. Mostly scantily clad women...
  15. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  16. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    That is his goal in the newest episode of south park
  17. Blue_Jedi33 Force Ghost

star 5
  18. loki41872 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm gonna have to say: "None".

No Skywalker children. MAYBE a Solo kid, but no Skywalkers. EU be damned.
    appleseed likes this.
  19. IG_2000 Force Ghost

star 4
  20. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Im all for Lando's Jedi child to lead the cast too! NOT
  21. Attariel Jedi Padawan

star 1
    People with natural red hair which is more of an orange color instead of red.
  22. Blue_Jedi33 Force Ghost

star 5
    They could always put this kid in
  23. Boba Frett Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
    Garrett Hedlund. Already been in Disney's recent Tron: Legacy film.
  24. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Would work well
  25. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Andrew Garfield would be my pick.