main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What Actress Should Play A Young Female Skywalker Jedi ? (Images)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Blue_Jedi33, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    We need unknowns...there is not much else that can be said. People seem to forget that George had a wide range of choice for actors when he made the OT and yet he cast unknowns or very little known for most of the parts in the OT and it turned out well. If you start casting girls like Summer, you are creating expectations and people have memories of firefly, terminator or big bang theory about her, so how can she be taken seriously. Also do you want the Harry Potter girl in the movie? like seriously? People here are basing their decisions on the basis of what is beautiful in their eyes but not taking into consideration of what impact ( positive or negative ) this can be on a movie such as this.

If you sit down and reverse this towards a male actor. Would you like to have, Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood? or even Robert Downey Jr in the new movie for a jedi role? of course not. Good actors but they do not fit. That is why i am happy to say that there are people that get paid to think with their heads to do this kind of thing. If fans had their way, we would have a female cast based out of playboy centerfolds. Juvenile actresses that had bad ass roles. Or airheads women who only qualification is to have a nice pair of boobs and have most of her brain power in both of them and not in the right place.

Stop thinking with the head downstair and think with the one upstair and then i ll be able to tell you if what you suggest here would work or not or use the chick that is the flavor of the day...we are 6 billions plus on this planet now. I George can find a few unknowns ( female side ) that can do the job other than the one in this thread....

kataja and SithLordDarthRichie like this.
  2. budspencer

Dec 23, 2010
    No absolutely not. I am all for nice looking women in the movie but we need people who can act, not have been typecast and not airheads.

3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    My friend, I was there for the OT, and I would love to see Summer Glau come to Star Wars.

Try again.

4. budspencer

Dec 23, 2010
    I was there for the OT too.

As pleasing to the eye as she can be and maybe have some acting skill, No to terminator. Sorry please try again. She is better off on other projects that can actually raise her above a full cast that will surely overshadow her every step of the way in the ST... Do you want to see Summer for a few minutes as a Jedi? like really? nobody will really remember that scene. All mouths are gonna fall down when people see Jar Jar pop up with Wicket... :p

5. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    budspencer
    Some of the women posted have pretty slim IMBd histories, that is about unknown as your going to get, maybe a TV actress.
    I want an actress with a current IMBd profile, I don't care what she has done before, as long she can pull off being a Jedi realistically in the linage of whatever side she comes from, in the end she will be known as a Skywalker/Solo Jedi as this role will overshadow anything she has done before and most likely after, if they give her a long life in the series like Luke. And there are plenty of good looking actresses that act very well, we don't have to divide the two apart. I think we have posted quite a few in this thread.

6. budspencer

Dec 23, 2010
    I respect the people's opinion here. Hey they want Star Wars their way. But their way is not what everyone will agree on. And you dont need IMbd to get an acting job.... I dont get the obsession to choose someone that has a credit in the IMbd. Imbd does not give you an automatic pass as an actor actress as far as i am concerned.

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    I guess we will see, but I know we will feel at least little vindicated if one of the suggestions made first by any poster in this thread is cast.
    I will admit seeing ANH in 77 at a young age(8) I did not know who Carrie Fisher was, and that never hurt the movie at all, so you do have a point, BUT I think we feel different now that we are older, I think most older SW fans have a top 10 list(at least one of them) they wouldn't mind seeing in VII and they are posted in this thread.:)

8. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    After very careful research of this thread, I know for one Summer Glau is my dream casting. But, then again, she's my dream casting in pretty much anything. Oh yeah, hey Blue_Jedi33, thanks for making this:

You've done the world a great service. Also, thank you for reminding me that I need to buy Choices of One in paperback for its lovely cover.

Not sure I see her as a Skywalker descendant. Han and Leia descendant for sure. In that category I also like the suggestions for Lily Collins, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and her onscreen little sister Olivia Thirlby (First time I've ever reffed Final Destination 3, I would think).

You know, these three:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for Skywalker descendants, if we're going more adult, say their 30s, Yvonne Strahovski is a great choice. Going younger, Chloe Moretz would make a good Luke granddaughter. Jennifer Lawrence, too given her Hunger Games and X-Men cred. Plus, between Winter's Bone and apparently Silver Linings Playbook, even the old, curmudgeonly Academy knows she can act.

Others that might be a Skywalker descendant:

Anna Torv for the adult Skywalker

[​IMG]

Maybe Dianna Agron for the more youthful Skywalker

[​IMG]

Or BSG fans can always hope for Sackhoff or Helfer

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  9. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Perhaps Lindsay Lohan as Han's daughter? Han, after retiring from military life, reverts to his old passion - spice smuggling. And the apple of his eye, he is soon to find out, loves a Force Snort of the good stuff, the Kessel kind.

kataja and Artoo-Dion like this.
  10. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    Anybody else notice Lily Collins heavy duty eyebrows, I don't mind them just noticing them.

11. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    Forgot about Helfer, she is getting up there at 38 but she looks good, if they want to do 3 generations she would work as the mommy Jedi, then you need a much younger actress too as the daughter.

[​IMG]

12. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Guys, Olivia Wilde is NOT the girl from TRON:Legacy - that is Gemma Arterton

13. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I didn't forget he green one - Oola ;)

14. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Everybody stop writing.

It gets in the way of the pictures of hot women.

THE PortmanLuvva likes this.
  15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Olivia Wilde WAS in TRON:Legacy.

16. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    Sorry you are mistaken, confirm it for yourself
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104001/

This is Gemma, and not a bad choice either
    [​IMG]

17. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    That dress doesn't flatter her jooblies.

18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    she would definitely give a dog a bone. [face_laugh]

19. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

Lindsay Lohan. She is a train wreck in her personal life but might be good in the new Star WArs film.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    As I mentioned previously, I still think someone like Emmy Rossum would be the best choice.

[​IMG]

http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0002536/

Think about it, she has been several movies including big-budget ones like The Day After Tomorrow. But she isn't really a big-name actress even now she does Shameless US on TV.
    Her acting credits are enough to show she can perform any role required well, and she's not that well known so most people aren't going to look at her and say "Oh she's the one from....."
    She ticks all the boxes IMO, and she's pretty enough.

I have often suggesting casting her as Ahsoka if ever a live action version of TCW was made, she reminds me of her somewhat.

Plus I think the exposure of a big franchise would be good for her, she's an under-used actress who shouldn't be remembered for crap like Poseidon or almost single-handedly holding up the disappointment that was Joel Schumacher's Phantom of the Opera.

21. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    Yup that works too, I liked her in The Day After Tomorrow

[​IMG]

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Aside from the rubbish Dragonball movie, she's generally done good work even if the filsm she's been in weren't always that great.

She's a fine singer too, suprising really that someone with her vast array of talents isn't cast in more stuff (unless of course she intentionally choses not to be).

23. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Here's one for you: Cody Horn.

She was in Magic Mike; that quote is from June.

Oh, and she's the daughter of Disney chairman Alan Horn...

24. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    I dont think she is well suited for star wars, she'd get in the way of the people who wanted to take it seriously.
    IMO i only know her for her roles in cheesy and imature films.

Besides, i dont think she would handle the end of filming celebrations too well! IMO she is done.[face_talk_hand]

25. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Ha,ha! The whole thread appears to be turning into a huge **** bank!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.