main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What Actress Should Play A Young Female Skywalker Jedi ? (Images)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Blue_Jedi33, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    She started to generate awareness with her performance in Leon [The Professional].

2. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
  3. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

Agreed. She was already an actor's actor and not just any child actor before TPM: Heat, Everyone Says I Love You, Leon the Professional (VERY adult role for any minor to portray). These movie choices alone already threw her in the serious future credible actor trajectory that she's naturally comfortable in now. If we're going to follow the same pattern/plan, it's not going to involve casting anyone from the current young generation's version of the Brat Pack genre movies or some Disney/Nickelodeon alumnus.

I also do not think it should include your normal sci-fi favorites list...whether the actor's capable or not, it makes the viewers all see just the actor and not the character. Nerd-cred aside, it's not fair to those actors: Summer Glau in this thread is basically giving me flashbacks of when Gillian Anderson and that blonde chick from one of those Trekkie tv shows kept popping up ad nauseum both in names and numerous images pshopped with lightsabers back in 1997-1998 before Ep. 1.

Hermione shouldn't be used either for the very reason I just called her Hermione in this sentence.

Aside from past sci-fi/fantasy resumes, actresses like Summer shouldn't be listed anyways because of their age. She's not too old to be in the movie, but definitely too old to be the nextgen Leia/Padme analogue. It doesn't matter if she can pass as younger...six to nine years from now she may not be able to do that.

That girl from Hunger Games is known/unknown enough to not suffer from Hermione-syndrome yet but that Twilight girl already caught the disease. Chloe Moretz is the closest in age and movie-role preferences to Natalie Portman and Carrie Fisher at the times of their own casting, currently. Abigail Breslin too, but I'm not sure if that would be some weird form of writer-nepotism. Hailee Steinfeld meets the criteria as well. Not sure if I'm missing anyone...but I think these three are the list.

4. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Yes.

And it is possible that the Solo/Skywalker children would be of the age to have their own kids.

She would be good as Han and Leia's grand-daughter.

5. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Yes, to be honest Jake Lloyd was the only unknown out if the entire cast. And I'd never heard of Ray Parks myself, but he was well known in martial arts circles.

Hugh Quarshee and the playing the prime minister of Naboo were the only faces I didn't have a name for but I'd seen them many times.

6. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I like Jennifer Lawrence, and think she would be great, but she is already tied to two other franchises and might not want a third so she work on other projects.

It would be an awful lot of work.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I think it wouldn't work having Jennifer Lawrence in Star Wars, but the Hunger Games does have other young females who could play parts in the new movies.

[​IMG]
    Leven Rambin ( I know her from Sarah Connor Chronicles, but besides that and the odd TV show she's not really done anything big).

[​IMG]
    Isabelle Fuhrman could play a child character easily enough (she did it in Orphan after all)

I think WIllow Shields has been mentioned already.

8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I've already put my vote in for Keira Knightley in the cast thread... She'd be the perfect Jaina Solo.

9. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    If we're looking to follow a casting model from the previous trilogies, it's a lot easier to follow the Natalie Portman model in terms of actor profile (not completely unknown, but not an 'A-list' superstar) and use an age range of between 18 (Natalie's age at the time of TPM) and 21 (Carrie Fisher's age at the time of ANH). My top 3 choices of actresses who fit that age range and actor profile would therefore be, in no real order:
    Saoirse Ronan (currently 18; would be 21 when E7 comes out)
    Emma Roberts (currently 21; would be 24 when E7 comes out)
    AnnaSophia Robb (currently 18; would be 21 when E7 comes out)

10. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh man, I HATE her character in that show! Seriously, every episode I cross my fingers that they kill her off. I'd hate for them to cast her in Star Wars, because I don't know if I could unsee Revolution enough to not immediately associate my feelings.

11. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Assuming the new movie, is going to match the character's ages to the actors, the jump is going to be about 40 years.

This would make it likely the kids would be in their thirties and down from that - so there could be a broad range of ages.

The EU made the Solo's a nuclear family with the "2 point 4" kids, and it seems that a lot of Hollywood movies and TV do that two, but i think it would be fun if there is a large number of kids - not crazy big but more than three - so it would be fun if Jaina (I like the name do I hope it is kept) has sisters.

12. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    Both of the two previous trilogies in the Saga followed the same basic pattern of being the 'hero's journey', which is why they start out with main protagonist characters who are fairly young but who grow and progress in both age and experience as the story unfolds. This really isn't likely to change even with Lucas having passed the baton to others, regardless of when along the timeline of the SW Universe the trilogy ends up being set.

13. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    That is because Anakin and Luke's journey are meant to mirror each other.

The theme will continue but doesn't necessarily mean it will be the same.
    She was very good in Sarah Connor Chronicles.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  14. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    More choices

Evangeline Lilly
    [​IMG]

Mila Kunis

[​IMG]

Natalie Dormer (She is trained in fencing)
    [​IMG]

15. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
  16. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    Why would there be any less 'mirroring' going on in the journey of the 'next generation' of the Skywalker family than there was in the previous? SW is a symmetrical Saga, and, with this Sequel Trilogy being a direct continuation of said Saga, it makes absolutely no sense for the symmetry we have seen already to be suddenly absent.

17. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Luke has a son by the name of Ben Skywalker, wife is Mara Jade

18. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    Summer Glau belongs in Star Wars.

19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    LOL Yes . . . to all of them?! :p

Loved Evangeline in LOST. She'd make a good smuggler or fringe type. Deceptively strong, beautiful and a good actress.

[​IMG]
    This girl is smokin' but can she act?

20. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
  21. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ I was personally reticent to include her because she doesn't fit the age profile I set up above, but she'd definitely work if they wanted to follow the Ahsoka Tano/Young Jedi Knights formula.

Hailey Steinfeld would also work if they were going to follow the Ahsoka/YJK formula of going with a younger character.

22. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    Either one of these ladies

!

23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  24. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
  25. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Wow I like Jennifer Lawrence. so much more when she is in hunger games. Not even the same person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.