main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What actually are the implications of the TV series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by classified, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    How will it be made? Will they have a large enough budget for effects? Is there any definate word on when it will be set? Will GL direct it?

How much is definately known about it?

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    my understanding is GL is down to write and direct, at least for the beginning. ILM will most probably do the effects - possibly keeping it cheap by using existing props, effects, "locations" etc. It will be set post ROTS.

3. MasterShake5009

MasterShake5009 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2005
    Don't forget that each episode of the live action series is one hour long, and it has been confirmed there will be 100 of them at the moment, also that the series will star some minor character, unknown at the moment.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, we don't know if Lucas will be directing or writing the series yet. He's only said they plan to have all the scripts written first before they film them, and that Lucas would "get it started" and then hand things over to the showrunner- now that might mean he'll direct the pilot or something, but it could also mean is he'll just assemble the creative talent to get the ball rolling.

5. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    You can bet Rick will be producer / the #2 guy in charge of this

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    As far as budget goes, GL is helped by the fact that he gets a 17% tax break by filming in Australia.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Not to mention 90% of the digital models are already programmed.

8. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Sounds like this could be an awesome show.

9. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I'm looking forward to this show more and more all the time. Since I was something like ten years old and first heard about the PT I've always had something SW to look forward to in the background of everyday life. Now that the PT is done, it looks like this tv show will be the new SW thing to look foward to.

I worry a little bit about it not being successful, but then I remember back to the pre-PT days and I worried that it would tarnish the OT. Obviously, with ROTS now completed, that didn't happen.

And as long as GL is involved, you can bet this tv show will be of the highest quality.

10. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    I believe the effects on this series will be groundbreaking, especially for TV. I for one am a fan of StarGate. As the seasons went on the effects got better and better. If effects can be that good for TV, then Im sure ILM will beat them all.

11. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I think that this will be the passoing of the torch.

He will but his influence in the first, as a producer or as the director of the first episodes/season. Then, he'll give it to someone else to see if they can handle it without him. And if he leaves Rick there, he'll have some to give guidance that isn't him.

Essentially, he will pick his Padawan, train him, then make him the Master of his own little domain.

12. Boola Cronk

Apr 5, 1999
    And as we know, GL has been known to change his tune quite a few times. I sincerely believe that if this show takes off, it may be a training/testing ground used to evaluate new directors and writers for possible future SW films. You never know.

13. True_Killer

True_Killer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    the thing i was wondering at the end of ROTS Yoda tells Obi-One that he has been contacting Gui_Gon (sp?) by spirit..So i wonder if they can get Liam Neeson to do some episodes to talk to yoda..that would be kinda cool..

doubt it though

14. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH

TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    Qui-Gon and Yoda are considered ?main? characters and Lucas wants to use secondary characters in the series, so one would think that those two would be out.

I would think that the beginnings of the Rebel Alliance and the Empire would be what he would want to focus on. That way characters like Tarkin, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and maybe some Jedi that escaped the initial purge could be utilized.

It?s difficult to speculate though, because as stated before Lucas has been known to change his mind, even at the last minute.

15. SWfan2002

Jan 28, 2002
    Hopefully there won't be an overabundance of politics, turning this new tv series into "The West Wing" in space!

16. Boola Cronk

Apr 5, 1999
    I dont remember the actual quote from Lucas at C3 but when he said that the series would not involve any major characters, he retracted and said something like 'well thats not entirely accurate......' as if to say that the series WOULD deal with a major character to some extent. Im definitely thinking Vader.

17. Yodiggler

Yodiggler Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    I'm wondering if yoda wouldn't be in the series from time to time, and maybe obi wan. I want to see what happens with Yoda on Degoba, why that place where luke saw himself in vaders suit, is a place of evil, I heard it was a place where yoda killed a sith lord, I'm not up to date.

18. Pegleg_Swantoon

Pegleg_Swantoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    Yodiggler - yeah, they mentioned something like that in the Thrawn Trilogy. That would be cool to see.

19. SWfan2002

Jan 28, 2002
    Maybe the reason Yoda was not seen going to Degobah in ROTS was to leave his character open for a brief appearance in the tv show.

20. DarthRonin1976

DarthRonin1976 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    This tv series, for me, could possibly be more exciting than the movies themselves for one reason: a new Star Wars experience once a week. Instead of waiting 3 years to see a new SW film, we will have a mini-film every week. That sounds great to me!

21. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Yeah. I really really like the ideaof that. Apparently they are going to make 100 1 hour long episodes. That'll be great. Man, I cant wait now! I hope they are set in the Old Republic. Like knights of the old republic.

22. DarthRonin1976

DarthRonin1976 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Is anyone paying attention to the reports? People keep saying "They will probably be set between 3 and 4", or "Gee, I hope they are set during Knights of the Old Republic". The first tv series (live action) will be set between ep3 and 4. Lucas has confirmed this more than once already.

23. ObiWanIsTheFather

ObiWanIsTheFather Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2005
    Thank you, DarthRonin. My sentiments exactly.

24. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    It will be the best show ever made...

It will bring making stuff on TV to a new level...

GL owns my soul...

25. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    I've heard about this series and I hope it can get going, but has it been confirmed yet? If it hasn't, when will anything more definite come out?

Can a person who was not a Jedi come back in the form of a forceghost, like what Obi Wan did in ESB and ROTJ? If that is possible, I wonder if they could get Padme in an episode or two as a guest star? Qui Gon and Mace could also appear as guest stars, possibly visiting Yoda and/or Obi Wan, or perhaps interacting with another Jedi that survived the initial purges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.