main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What all has ILM done?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by slimybug, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Well they did ALL of Master and Commanders VFX shots.

Here's what they've done from before January 18th, 2005.
    Clicky

2. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I'll have to check the AG DVD then, the only one I had was when I taped it from TV, even though we discussed a while ago.

Well they did ALL of Master and Commanders VFX shots.

No, that's not quite right, they did about half the shots. Interesting story was that they were consulted first (I believe they spoke with Fangmeier) to do the VFX work. Production deemed that ILM would be too expensive so they hired Asylum Effects to do the film. Halfway through shooting the VFX shot count doubled from 500 to about 1000 shots. So in the end ILM was called in to do the other 500 shots. Asylum did most of the initial battle and the storm sequence while ILM handled some of the initial and most of the end battle. Weta Workshop built miniatures for the show, though ILM ended building some of their own. Also there was an in house VFX team that mainly did matte paintings particularly for the Galapagos Island sequence. You can read about it at VFXWorld.com.

Here's what they've done from before January 18th, 2005.

You might want to check my list first as I got onfrmation from ILM of 6 new projects they don't list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.