main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what are all the different levels of posters?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by UCLAJediMaster, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    so what are they... and what do they mean... what power/lack of power comes with them...

all i really know are normal, VIP, mod

but i recall seeing like 4 others in my stay in the JC...

someone help me out... in the aftermath of the election game i would like to know just what levels are out there...

Kadue Edit: Okay, we're pretty much done here. If there is anything else that needs to be added, please PM me.

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    User
    VIP
    Manager
    Administrator

EDIT: See KnightWriter's post below. Information removed.

3. UCLAJediMaster

Feb 16, 2001
    what are the differences between the levels above user?

4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    EDIT: See KnightWriter's post below. Information removed.

5. UCLAJediMaster

Feb 16, 2001
    AT... your knowledge of the powers above scares me...

are you reading my mind right now?

6. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    From what I've understood in the past, we'd rather not give a list of what each level can do.

7. UCLAJediMaster

Feb 16, 2001
    boo flag on the play!!

haha joking. i understand your need for secrecy.

8. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    go to the links above, Guide to Admins and Forums, Your Friendly Neighborhood Mods, and there are other links available which I can't remember at the moment.

VIP (blue) are fanforce city representatives.
    VIP (red) are retired moderators and writers and celebrities such as the real Chewbacca who posts here on occasion.

Colored names are your JC management team. They come in different levels for the job they do; all are volunteers. Moderators are your first level peace keepers. They ensure all is well on the board; if you have a problem, see a problem, PM anyone with colors for assistance. Managers are the next level and have more powers than moderators. Administrators have more powers and abilities than managers and can do more board tekky stuff. Our supreme chancellor now is Kadue after Vertical's retirement. Above the administrators and our supreme chancellor are the owners of the board.

Winners of certain games have colors for a designated amount of time, usually a few days.

The Advisory Council (AC) is comprised of regular members who help sort out issues on our board and present their recommendations from members input to the mod squad.

The mod squad is the whole group of moderators, managers, administrators, owners, who keep the board humming.

9. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    Someone got into a moderator account and posted a screenshot of the tools available to him/her. The topic in question was dealt with swift justice. [face_shocked]

10. UCLAJediMaster

Feb 16, 2001
    what did they do to him?

11. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    They tortured and mutilated the person for the information they needed. 8-}

12. UCLAJediMaster

Feb 16, 2001
    just like han on bespin.... damn the mods errr imperials...

hahahahhaha

i am in a very odd mood right now... everything is funny and i have a bad headache... thats the aftermath of a night drinking and smoking and no sleep.

13. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Jedi_Learner, that screenshot was fake.

14. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Someone got into a moderator account and posted a screenshot of the tools available to him/her. The topic in question was dealt with swift justice.

Wrong. It was a joke. He was permbanned. It is over. Get your facts straight.

KW - that is public information, readily available on ZeroSleep's site.

15. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    A brisk summary of the powers would be somehting like:

Mods can take your firstborn, and otherwise make you regret your stay here.
    Managers can make you disappear without a trace.
    Admins can turn you inside out, blow up your house, and eat your cookies. Your real cookies, the ones you keep in the bread drawer.

¤Night

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    KW - that is public information, readily available on ZeroSleep's site

Oh, I know. I was just saying that we're not likely going to be dispensing the information ourselves.

17. MrMarcus

MrMarcus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    As stated above, JediNailbiter posted a screenshot of the admin control panel obtained from ZeroSleep.com (SnowBoards creator/coder), with a mod's name photoshopped in. Nailbiter was banned for it, I believe because he/she was banned many times before.

I'm not really getting the cloak and dagger stuff regarding the differences between, VIP, City Rep, RSA's, mods, managers, and admins. This forum is called Communications. There are threads describing the admin tools each mod level has around but I'm too lazy to look them up :p

18. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    Really GriffZ? I didn't know about that, but I can't remember much about the screenshot anyway.

19. GriffZ

May 27, 2001

The only thing that's really important to know is that Administrators outrank Moderators, as well as have more technical options; VIPs can't do anything of importance; and Managers are basically just trumped-up Moderators.

EDIT: Yes, it was a fake screenshot and he got permbanned for it. Har har har.

20. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "I was just saying that we're not likely going to be dispensing the information ourselves."

Why not?

It may not be important for us to know, but ... it's just information.

21. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I don't want to sound stupid here, but information is power. Anyone who actually knows the information could use it to orchestrate a very damagaing trolling action. I'm use KW and Griffz will back me up on this.

¤Night

22. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Exactly. All people need to know is that everyone from moderator on up can ban people, lock threads, and edit posts. The rest of the "powers" aren't really anything that relates to regular members.

23. GriffZ

May 27, 2001

Anyone who actually knows the information could use it to orchestrate a very damagaing trolling action.

That's actually very true. I remember way back when YOTS first revealed himself to be a colossal tool, it was very easy to spot his socks because he did something [undisclosed] with each one; eventually he must have been tipped off (since he lacked the cranial capacity to figure anything out for himself) and he stopped doing it. That made it much harder to track him down and smoke 'im out, as G-Dubya would say.

24. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    One major thing is that Managers can delete all of a users posts in one swift stroke, and Moderators can not. This is why all Moderators are put up for review after three months, and barring any serious problems with their moderating (I believe, obviously I don't see this process going on), are promoted to Manager, to take care of those pesky trolls who make 80 posts around the boards.

25. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    A manager can quite literally destroy every single board here in minutes, so we want to be carefull about promoting then. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.