main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends What Are Friends For? [vignette, Wes]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Maggy, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Title: What Are Friends For?
    Author: Maggy
    Characters: Wes
    Genre: vig
    Keywords: Wes
    Summary: Wes needs to work but a friend is interrupting him

10 min challange from another board
    I think DarthIsthar has running such thing here too ... :confused:

Thanks to my beta thesporkbewithyou [:D]

"Hey Wes, what ya doin'?" a cheery voice said behind me.

I rolled my eyes and turned around and answered with a very obvious joy-sarcasmn dripping voice, "I'm trying to get some work done but somehow everyone decide to bug me today."

The indruder stared at me and then a worried smile appeared on his lips, "You really mean you wanna work? Are you sick or something?"

I decided it was best not to answer him. Maybe then he would get the hint that he was not welcome. But it seemed he didn't because he opened his mouth again. "You go with me to the cantina and met the others?"

I sighed. "Hobbie! What is it about the words: 'I'm working' you don't understand?"

"You're joking!"

"I'm not. Now close the door behind you."

A mischevious grin appeared on Hobbie's lips. He turned around and closed the door but he was still in the room. Then he faced me again. "Are you happy now?"

I was baffled. That couldn't be Hobbie. The Hobbie I knew would have left, perhaps ranting abaut me being too close minded but he wouldn't bug me. The Hobbie I knew would have known that I had been delaying my work already for weeks. The Hobbie I knew wouldn't have wanted me to delay it further. Wedge was already angry with me because I hadn't brought him the regular essays about sim-trainings and scheules. Had I known the amount of work that came with this promotion, I would have refused it.

Now I knew why Wedge had been fighting his so long. It never had something to do with flying his wing. He feared this amount of admin word. And the worst thing, you can't even order a subordinate to do it. You have still to read it.

Hobbs stared still at me.

"You are still here, Hob?"

"Yes."

"What do you want?"

"As I said, you shall accompany me to the cantina."

"I still have work."

"I don't care if you have."

"But Wedge does so leave now."

"Don't worry about Wedge. I got the orders from him."

"What do you mean?"

"Wedge ordered me to bring you to the cantina and I don't care what you say."

I gazed at him in disbelief. Only hours ago Wedge ranted about those files he needed from me. "When Wedge says I shall come then I come. If he wanted these stupid things so badly, then he should've written them himself."

I tossed my pad on the table, stood up and grabbed my jacket. "Lead the way."

Hobbs leaded me down the dim lit corridor toward the Cantina. He was unusual quiet but thats Hobbs.

The normally lit Cantina was dark. Now I got worried. What the heck ...?

...but Hobbs had already pushed me in.

"HAPPY LIFE-DAY!!"

Cheers were coming from all sides and the room was suddenly lit and confetti were in the air. Papersneaks were raining down on me. I spotted Wedge, Tycho, Kell, Tyria, Gavin, Inyri, and all the others in the growed.

I gazed at Hobbs and a very cheery grin were on his lips. "Happy life-day, old fella!" and with that he huged me.

That was really a surprise! My friends ... what would I do without them?

-Fin

Please Review :)

~Mags~

2. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    *snags first reply*

Thanks to my beta thesporkbewithyou

No problem! [:D] Like I said, it's fun.

First of all, I liked the first person POV. You don't see that much with Wes. And my heart jumped when I saw him complaining about the work. I can't imagine what terror was unleashed on the military when Wes was made a General.

I gazed at him in disbelief. Only hours ago Wedge ranted about those files he needed from me. "When Wedge says I shall come then I come. If he wanted these stupid things so badly, then he should've written them himself."

This is totally like Wes! Not believing an order from a commander given to him by someone else. Perhaps he's also weary of a prank?

I gazed at Hobbs and a very cheery grin were on his lips. "Happy life-day, old fella!" and with that he huged me.

How could Hobbie call Wes old?! Wes isn't....old[/]...

All around a very cute viggie Mags.

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    *sniffles* why doesn't that ever happen to me?

;)

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Awww. [face_love] I'm a little freaked out by Wes actually working, though. [face_laugh] Must be an AU! :p

5. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Teehee :D

good [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] yeah someone was nutters to promote him :p
    Wes and work? that doesn't work would I say ;)

that is possible :D

perhaps because Hobbie is old too? ;)

[:D] Thank you :D

[quote=RedGold]*sniffles* why doesn't that ever happen to me?

;)[/quote]

it doesn't happen to me either *hugs*

[hr]

[quote=JadeSolo]Awww. :x I'm a little freaked out by Wes actually working, though. :^O Must be an AU! :p[/quote]

He never said he worked :p He tried to ;)
    :^O an AU? teehee :D
    I am glad that you liked it :)

Thanks for reading :D

~Mags~

6. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Teehee, this is funny.

At first I thought you got it from me interrupting you at work . . . but I've been disabused of that notion, unfortunately. :(

Kinda reminds me of my workplace sometimes . . . *grins*

KT

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! I loved it! =D=

8. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Kil:

Teehee, this is funny.

I?m glad that you think so :D

At first I thought you got it from me interrupting you at work . . . but I've been disabused of that notion, unfortunately.

[:D] awww :)

Kinda reminds me of my workplace sometimes . . . *grins*

[face_laugh] me too :D

thanks for reading :D

Mummy Vader:
    Thanks for reading :)

~Mags~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.