main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are people doing for New Year?

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by timbolton, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Always one thing I never am sure what to do for, the best one in recent past was when I was with Fan Force New York and we stayed over at someone's house in New Jersey. Fun times. Tbh, ones before and after were never much, not a good one for New Year, especially being a non-drinker lol.

This year round my folks will be away (and doubt my bros will be in), I think I am home alone. I was planning on heading out to the beach for a walk, but the weather being as it is (and so cold at night) I think I may do something different - I still haven't done a SW marathon (ever), and since 2007 is going to be a big year for SW, I may well do just that. Bring in 2007 by watching all the movies back to back, plus all the TV stuff so far. Will aim to watch all the prequel era stuff just before 12am, then head into New Hope and beyond (including the Ewok films and cartoons) with the New Year. Should be fun, not watched the films in a while.

So, what will the rest of you be doing? Clubbing? Pub?

2. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    I didn't have anything planned as I was working till 8

3. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Babysitting most likely :(

4. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    [image=http://www.bowling-rambouillet.com/images/bowling02.jpg]
    Yup - this is what I will be doing! Bowling in the New Year - in my Jedi costume!

Dont forget that Sky 9 is showing all the 6 movies back to back on New Years day [face_dancing]

linky link

Heres a happy new year [:D] for you all! Heres to a great 2007 - the year of Star Wars!

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    New Year's Eve, probably drinking. Not sure where.

New Year's Day, stuck with the Italian wing of the family, and being entertained by my senile great aunt.

6. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    invited some friends over, so we'll play board games and get drunk and eat nice stuff - the usual. and come midnight we'll go out and watch others doing fireworks. we have a doggie over to dogsit and we're all curious as to how he will like the fireworks part of new year's.

i wanted to go to the sea over my stint here but i don't think that'll happen.

7. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    maybe staying at home with parents ...
    watching SW sounds after a plan .. maybe LOST .. or maybe 24 [face_thinking]

I have no life :p

Happy New Year

8. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    Ill be doing one of two things !

1. I will stay home and cuddle up with my Partner As we did last year.

2. Go to the Green Dragon Pub In Stockton It has a members only stoppie back with grub and Pints at £1.35 a go Ill be happy !
    It just the walk home afterwards.

Unless we all get together somewhere ?

9. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    I have a plan. It involves a lot of make-up and fire.

I hate New Years. Especially as I have to go back to college the day after NYs Day. Who decided that!?

10. Gopher_Tanis

Gopher_Tanis Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2006
    Doing a house party, and some thinking about practicalities for next year.

11. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Im gonna be working. assistant Dj'ing at a Really posh place. left all my smart attire at Uni, so god knows what I'll wear.

I might go with 'nothing'

12. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I just went round town this year, not bad but no better than any other night out really. Next year I'm hosting a poker night/new years party. [face_dancing]

13. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I looked after my 16 year old sister, 13 year old cousin and her two hyperactive 9 year old twin brothers. [face_worried] Had quite a serious barny with the sis about 20 minutes before the clock struck 12 so that put a damper on things, :rolleyes: but apart from that I played playstation, ate chocolate and watched films so it wasnt a total waste. Coulda thought of a hundred things I would of rather done that night though lol :oops:

14. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    [:D] Shame that your new year wasn't too great, if it makes you feel any better mine wasn't that great either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.