1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

RPR Archive What are Role Players - Gamers or writers?

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by darth_nemisis, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    I like to read a good story, but it's also fun to participate.
  2. Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    None of you are writers. We are all Typers. Not go forth and get people to start using that word instead of writer.
  3. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Most typists consider themselves writers because most people nowadays don't actually write things they type. Indeed authors who type their books are still considered writers. I for one consider myself more a writer/typer, than gamer as I will be going to college for writing this coming fall, not gaming as that both neither an option nor my greatest desire as writing is. The rpgs have aided me in improving my writing skills, especially those with more complex story lines. I personally thank those GM'S and other rper's who aided me in my endeavors, many of you are the ones who solidified my choice of becoming a writer. *bows deeply in respect*

4. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    I am most certainly a writer in my mind. Of course I still have that gamer aspect of me, but I am more concerned with weaving a good story than I am actually playing the game. To me, all RPG'ing (on here, at least) is writing. RP's are simply a different media of writing. Novels, short stories, poems... they are all writings, and RP's are no different. The main goal of an RP, over all, is to write a collaborative story from the viewpoints of many people, though you only tell it through the eyes of one or two of them. In this type of RP'ing, battle and action really takes a back seat to character development and story telling. I play RP's for the story, and for the chance to aid in developing it. I am a writer through and through.
  5. DarthCemeroX Jedi Master

star 4
    Umm I don't see how it's a question. It's really simple, they are both.....

They are clearly Gamers since they play in a role playing GAME and since they have to write their posts, they are WRITERS.

Really I didn't think this kinda thing would actually need a discussion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.