main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are some good Vong names

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OtakuG, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OtakuG

OtakuG Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2004
    Im a neewbie and my writing skills are moderate, im an avid fan of Star Wars, but unfortunately my creativity when it comes to Vong name is not so good. so I was wondering if anyone had a good way of creating vong names.

2. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Creating them just off the top of your head?

It would be best to follow some of the histories of the Yuuzhan Vong. Like with Tsavong Lah or Kae Kwaad.

Its easier to come up with a first name for the Vong and just recycle the last names. They could always be related in some distant way. (Like a third cousin twice removed and separated by divorce or something like that)

First names are pretty easy. I am an avid roleplayer and the Yuuzhan Vong are fun. When I make a Vong to place against my players, I look for my favorite letter of the alphabet or a letter that is rarely used and start that as the beginning of the first or last name. Then I continue by getting some of my friends names and take the first letter off and replacing it with the leter I had chosen. Say 'Q' for example. Sometimes it makes a good name.

For example: Greg replaced with Q is Qreg. You can make him Qreg Lah, cousin to Tsavong Lah.

And if the name seems still to humanish or not vongish enough, change more of the letters. Like the last one. Try X here.

Ex: Qreg goes to Qrex Lah.

Does that help? Its a very fun and easy way that I use all the time! :D

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    That's an interesting technique, Zedd-Vega.

~aeryn

4. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Do you really think so? Interesting story behind it all.

Had a big SW game at my house and we were playing in the New Jedi Order Era. Around two years into the Vong Invasion. I needed NPC's to pit against my heroes, but I couldn't send Tsavong Lah and Nom Anor after them at 1st level... they'd die! So it took their first and last names and set them in two different columns. Changed the letters around, added some if it needed done and I came up with a few interesting Yuuzhan Vong villains.

But they soon killed them and left me high and dry. Then I took people from our circle of friends, took celebrities and everything else and just started sending wave after wave of Yuuzhan Vong at them. They still like it.

Anyways, I hope that this technique works for you OtakuG and anyone else who likes to have fun with character names!

~ZV

5. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Weird as it sounds... you can try consulting the Klingon dictionary. :p

Even if you don't buy my "The Vong are Klingons" theory, the two languages DO sound remarkably similar, so it's useful for character names.

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Or look up Asian names. I've always seen the YV names as more asian than any other Star Wars name. In fact "Yuuzhan Vong" is an asian delicacy. ;)

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    The best format I've come up with is study the NJO for the wealth of Yuuzhan Vong names that have been given in the books, and then start recycling some names around. It kinda works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.