main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA What are some of the best theaters near Berkeley to see ROTS in?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Crimson_Jedi, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson_Jedi

Crimson_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Hi Folks,

I'm in Berkeley and am trying to figure out where I'll see ROTS on opening night in May. In fact, a friend from LA is going to come up as well. I'm new around here. I'd like your advice on where to see ROTS. I don't have a car, but my friend may drive up.

The obvious choice for convenience is downtown Berkeley at the Shattuck UA. But that's not such a great theater.

Then there's the Metreon in SF.

Where are you folks going to see ROTS?

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Since the Coronet will be closed *moment of silence*, it looks like Metreon it is (hopefully projected in the IMAX screen). Since I work there, I know the managers, and we get discount tickets as well! I'm in the planning stages now, in terms of advance tickets, lining up, events for the line-up, etc.

Stay tuned! :)

3. Crimson_Jedi

Crimson_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks for your response!

You've got me excited about seeing it at The Metreon!

If they show it on the Imax screen there, does that mean that Lucasfilm provided the Metreon with an Imax version?

Also, if they show it on the Imax, what seats are the best? The ones at the top back?

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    If it's in the IMAX theater, it probably won't be in that format yet, but it WILL be bigger than any theater. It seats about 600 in there, and I guess any seat would be good. Keep checking back on the boards for details on pre-sale tickets. Hope you can make the next meeting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.