main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what are the benefits of becoming a mod?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by homeless_jedi, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IkritMan

IkritMan Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    It's better than waiting 55 seconds! :p

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I hate that 1 post a minute thing :( But I understand why it's there to try and prevent spamming.

Grilled

One of the unsung benefits is working with some great people. I love every mod I work with. And I love how the differing views and backgrounds make us what we are. Lastly, all of us genuinely want this site to be the best it can be, so we all genuinely care about it. A mod who simply does not give a damn is dead weight. But you will not find such a mod in this current group.

You?re such the gentleman ? it?s nice to know that we?ve got mods who believe in serving the greater good for the world created by God Lucas.

Dark Lady Mara

I just want to add that I hope everyone who's a mod here is doing it to improve the forums and not to pad a resume, because "Moderator, Star Wars board" isn't likely to impress a potential employer.

I was thinking the same thing. Not only that but that might tip off your employers to really watch-dog your web-surfing time! :eek:

Adam

Moderator, IGN-affiliated Internet communications system
    - Surveyed, maintained and edited data on CGI-driven Web site
    - Facilitiated communication across numerous levels of administration in diverse team network environment
    - Was essential in coordinating and developing new standard for quality excellence management in system within time and budget constraints

Brilliant! :D I hope it works for you, pal ;)

3. marzk_zelan

marzk_zelan Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    As I was reading, You guys are talking like you can almost be a MOD if you want to... Aren't there alot of people that really want to be a MOD?

Or.. Is that just me?

4. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    So many 'Administrator/Moderator Emeritus's ...

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Prior to the news, the benefit was the pride taken in silently moderating and through lots of unpaid work doing little by little day in and day out to make the boards more enjoyable for you and the community as a whole. That's why I can't see my friend, the boards, suffer like this. When it needs us the most, I will be there for it to give it hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.