main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What are the most original and interesting inventions of the post-ROTJ EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Jun 23, 2013.

1. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    ^:rolleyes:

Don't ask me, I didn't create the Potentium doctrine.

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    There's a reason why Vergere, the Potentium, and the NJO's outlook on the Force were utterly botched after TUF.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Are you serious?

4. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The Potentium was a very specific set of beliefs which were known from the start to be wrong, and somehow they became associated with characters that didn't and never believed them.

Ghost likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Who believes what: a screw-up of the EU. Nonetheless, I love the idea of Luke questioning conventional Jedi thinking.

6. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Luke taking the teachings of Yoda, Vergere, Sekot, and coming out with his own understanding of the Force in TUF was a great moment. :cool:

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    agreed

8. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Too bad it never went anywhere!

Dawud786 likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You people that find the Yuuzhan Vong the most original and interesting inventions of the post-ROTJ EU, why do you do that? I am not questioning your choises just want to know what part of the vong that you find original and/or interesting

Ghost likes this.
  10. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The Yuuzhan Vong are an interesting examination of the Force and the concept of symbiosis in the Force. I find their entire history interesting, including their primeval state with Yuuzhan'tar, their introduction to warfare through the hypothetical Silentium-Abominor War, the evolution of their culture out of that and the subsequent Cremlevian War, the consequences of that, and their connection to Zonama Sekot and Sekot being presented with similar situations, but, being allied with the Jedi rather than the Ur-Yuuzhan Vong, coming to a much better resolution to war.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
  12. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    But it seems to have worked for its followers (unlike the philosophy of the Jedi, considering the regularity with which people fall to the "dark side". Also consider the wording: "falling to the dark side", as if a Jedi going evil is an accident and not a choice people make).

As for an interesting invention: Delta-source in TLC.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This. The Shamed One's and the rest of the castes, the Shamed One's rebellion, Nom Anor (enough said), Vua Rapuung,their technology, they aren't afraid of death and wanted to enslave us or destroy us all, I also like the invasion plot line, the different Gods. They aren't in the Force. Thank god for that. There are way too many villains in all of the works after the NJO finished that are Force sensitive. They were radically different from the Empire.

themetresgained and Gorefiend like this.
  14. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    The Force is the Force. People either channel the light or the dark.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That depends on your philosophical belief; personally I think you are seeing a dualism were there is non

16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Or they channel neither and are just cooler for it ;)

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Every one channel the Force, some are just better at controlling their ability

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yoda to the clones, in the first TCW episode of season 1 (I think called Ambush):

"Clones you may be, but the Force resides in all creatures. Use it you can, to quieten your minds."

Gamiel and Mia Mesharad like this.
  19. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    What I'm saying is that there's no 'light' or 'dark' side of the Force.

[/Vergere]

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    She is lying

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is not conventional Jedi thinking more or less whatever Luke says?

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm going to add to this. The Vong with their history, bio-tech, introduction etc was in my opinion one of the best things to happen post ROTJ. I mean, I know many of you guys here hate the entire Vong stuff, but when I look back at all this clone wars, sith vs jedi stuff, that story was fresh and interesting. Heck, I've been re-reading Vector prime in between my studies and let me tell you that going to Exal Gal 4 station and then the fourth planet of the Helska system is just ...............it feels like a journey. Something that has been lost in the quest to show and define why Anakin went to the Dark Side and why the clone wars is the kind of war it is to trying to explian star wars through the prequels and prequels trying to explain itself.

Something coming from another galaxy, threatening our heroes with weapons, abilities and beleifs that are different. Its won me over. Yeah its bloody and gritty as opposed to other star wars stories but one thing that I like is that for one, the Vong bio-tech is far more interesting than Maul's ressurection, to Mother Talzion and her whacked powers, to Mortis and the ones, to starkiller, and the old republic clone wars retread (Sith Emperor) and stuff like that. The jedi and the force were important but not the over all factor that could have swung the tide of war. The Vong, stuck to the galaxy and I loved it. After that series, look at what we got........so much stuff about the force be it jedi or sith that no one knows of they should be restrained sith/jedi or super powered ones.

As the license and property changes, I doubt will will ever read a story like this. Everything else will probably honkey dory watered down Disney style adventures..............

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Any new opinions?

24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Bumping for Ghost

--Adm. Nick

Ghost likes this.
  25. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Thrawn.

A competent baddie? Who isn't a total ego-maniac? And non-force sensitive to boot? More please!

Seriously, can we get someone like him again? Nom Anor was relatively close, but he wasn't a leader.