main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What are the names of all of The Old Republic novels and in which order should I read them?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord Revan, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    Revan, Deceived, Fatal Alliance, Annihalation?

is that all of them and is that the correct order?

2. DarthJimmer

DarthJimmer Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2013
    I know that is the correct order in terms of timeline..but I came here to find out myself which way they should be read, considering Fatal Alliance was the first written.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I haven't read Annihilation yet, but the others can all be read in any order, as Revan is a distant backstory setup, Fatal Alliance is a pure spin-off story, and Deceived is about the original TOR trailer and Darth Malgus's life.

To give a parallel, it wouldn't matter which order you read Darth Plagueis, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, or Revenge of the Sith, even if all three discuss things that might have a bearing on the others.

4. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    I have read Revan and am on Deceived now.

I was just making sure I would be fine.

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The only other "TOR" novel would be Red Harvest, though that's even more of a standalone spin-off than Fatal Alliance, as it's ambiguous quite when it's even set.

6. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Yeah I would have said read Deceived and Revan first, then Fatal Alliance and Annihilation after them. The first two are more introductory novels, while the later two are set further into the future from memory. Funnily enough, they haven't actually released much in between the two sets, they kind of both sit at opposite ends of the timeline I think.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not really. It's like this- Revan--------------------------------------------------->Deceived------>Fatal Alliance--->Annihilation. Revan takes place around the time of the two KOTOR games, while the other three take place about 300 years later in the timeframe of TOR, with Red Harvest about two years prior to Fatal Alliance.

And really, they can be read in almost any order. None of the plots really have to do with one another, though Annihilation ties into the comic The Lost Suns and Revan ties into the first two games and leads into part of TOR.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The only one I've read is Fatal Alliance and I didn't feel like I was missing anything by not reading the others. I asked a similar question on the temp boards and was told that the timelines are all over the place and there's no real connection.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And considering Fatal Alliance was released first and long before the plot of any of the other books were finalized, it's especially isolated.

DarthJimmer likes this.