Speculation What are the odds Disney will decide to just do a complete reboot?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by MrFantastic74, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Krueger Force Ghost

star 4
    I’ve said it many times before, there are just certain films that are remake or “reboot” proof. The Godfather films spring to mind, as do films like Jaws, E.T., Back to the Future, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Gone With the Wind and Citizen Kane. There are many more. Luckily, the original three Star Wars films also fall into that category.
    JainaSoloYJK and eht13 like this.
  2. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Arawn_Fenn, Nov 7, 2012
    eht13 and JediKnightOB1 like this.
  3. artooo Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm pretty comfortable saying the odds of that are ZERO
    Echo-07 and The-Eternal-Hero like this.
  4. Samurai-Jack Jedi Master

star 2
    From THR:
    Tangled Rights Could Tie Up Ultimate 'Star Wars' Box Set (Analysis)
    Maybe FOX will remake Star Wars Episode IV. Maybe Lucas will decide to reboot Star Wars.
    Last edited by Samurai-Jack, Nov 7, 2012
  5. Panakas_Dawg Force Ghost

star 5
    Does the "in perpetuity" clause include any further tinkering to make it a "different Star Wars"?
  6. DarthMateous Force Ghost

star 4
    Exactly.
  7. DM99 Jedi Master

star 3
    go for the remake!!!!!!!!

but change the story! Delete Leia and make a woman out of han! Mara Solo (Red haired female smuggler babe).

It beginns with farmer boy Luke sitting in his room and listening illegaly to imperial communications. No Obi Wan kenobi anymore, he died in a sarlacc pit.

Luke caughting a emergency call of Mara and falling in love with the female in the holotransmission. He decides to help her and sending her a message that she can hide her load on tatooine, that he will help her.

She wonders who this kid is but accepts.

Her partner is not chewbacca anymore. Chewbacca died on Kashyyk in the reboot. He and tarfull was killed from the clonetroopers. Her new partner is a man called EMBO. A retired and quiet bountyhunter.

Hondo will be the new Jabba in the reboot. Jabba will be killed long ago from Vader, because he did not obey the empire. Hondo will survive because he makes Vader and the empire expensive presents from his smuggling. Vader tolerates him for informations abaout rebellious elements. Hondo will look 20 years older and have a blinded eye. His monkeylizard will be a new one of course.

Damn i can write you a whole new script which will blow you off your pants!!! All i need is some EU ingredients but i will be the cook.

[face_laugh]
    Last edited by DM99, Nov 8, 2012
  8. Darth Stream Jedi Master

star 1
    No way - they want to continue SW Saga not remade them.
  9. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    95 percent odds. If they want to beat movies they have to bring in new talent. Old faces are bad for business & Disney knows this.
  10. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, this is like the "What if Ep 7 bombs?" thread.

ZERO chance.

Star Trek was rebooted because its stale. It was accepted because its not as important or beloved as Star Wars. IF Disney attempts to do a ST style reboot they will lose half the fans.
    Last edited by Echo-07, Nov 11, 2012
  11. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    The story of the rise & fall of Palpatine could be told again & I'm sure they could do a better job. I love Ep1-6 but all 6 are flawed in many parts
  12. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Its kinda like The Avengers or Xmenthere are so many character & villians that could be used. In star wars there are so many planets, so many species, so many groups. The fact that people try so hard to act like Star Wars is ONLY about 3 people is dumb & many fans are quilty of this, they even go as far as to call these said characters the big 3 as if nothing else in the universe matters. Anyone who ever uses that term has no credibilty to me at all becaue in every Star wars movie I've. Seen their has always been more than 3 charcaters.
  13. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Exactly why they need to just tell a new story that has nothing to do with anything in
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi

The myth & story involved in these six should not be bothered. The universe is big enough to cover new ground.