main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are the secrets that we still don't have the answers too?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Steve_Dave, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve_Dave

Steve_Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    I am sure that some of this stuff will be address in the next film but I am just trying to remember what stuff we don't know the answers to yet.

Like Master Sifo-Dyas.

And what is up with some Jedi disappearing and some not.

Obviously no spoilers.

2. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    What is the true identity of Darth Sideous?! *gasp*

Will Anakin turn to the dark side? *gasp*

;)

The only one that comes to mind, actually, is who deleted the Kamino file from the archives.

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The Sifo Dyas legend is explained in Labyrinth of Evil. ;)

4. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I'm not really into EU except for SOTE

Sifo-Dyas: Check

Who erased Kamino: Check

How the dark side clouds everything: Check

Why the jedi's powers are diminishing: Check

And um... how did Quigon come back and say "Anakin! Anakin! Nooooooooooooooooooooo." : Check

What's the vergence in the force: Check

What's the living force: Check

How come slave owners let kids race their pods: Check

That's all I can think of.

5. Joeykin_Starrunner

Joeykin_Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
    Are those the things that will be answered Deeysew, or are you just listing what should be answered?

6. Deeysew

Mar 5, 2005
    The latter.

7. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    This is something I don't think we'll ever had answers to-
    What sand people and jawas look like.

8. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Where was Anakin born?

Who is that man played by Jimmy Smits?

Sifo-Dyas: check

Sifo-Dyas was a Jedi Master who was killed before the clones were ordered, and had nothing to do with it. That much is explained (or deducible) in AOTC.

9. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Sifo-Dyas was a Jedi Master who was killed before the clones were ordered, and had nothing to do with it. That much is explained (or deducible) in AOTC.

Not an Episode III spoiler but i'll give a warning anyway....

Sifo-Dyas was a Jedi Master who was killed after he ordered the Clones, he could sense that trouble was ahead but the rest of the council didn't agree with him - so he went behind their backs and told the Kaminoans to "prepare" an army. Dooku found out and later killed him to prove to Sidious that he was worthy of becoming his apprentice. Dooku then brought Jango to the Kaminoans and so the Cloning started, Dooku proceeded to erase Kamino from the Jedi Archives and leave the Jedi Order altogether.

- O_F

10. Shurlok-Mo-Dicos

Shurlok-Mo-Dicos Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Why keep the name skywalker??

11. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    See, that's why I don't like EU, it makes things unnecessary complex. I'm perfectly fine with the logical conclusion that Dooku was behind it all, that can be distilled from AOTC.

12. Shurlok-Mo-Dicos

Shurlok-Mo-Dicos Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    ^^^^ Totally agree

The EU should be blasted into a black hole...

13. Obi_Frans

Jul 31, 2003
    See, that's why I don't like EU, it makes things unnecessary complex. I'm perfectly fine with the logical conclusion that Dooku was behind it all, that can be distilled from AOTC.

Actually, the "EU" explanation (which was thought of by George himself, since it was moved from RotS to Labyrinth of Evil) IS, according to AotC, the most logical explanation.

It happens exactly as we are told it did, Sifo-Dyas ordered the Clones and was killed, Kamino was erased by a Jedi etc etc.

The only few links that aren't explained in the movie is that Dooku killed Sifo-Dyas and was the Jedi that erased Kamino. But outside of that everything told in Episode II is literally true, which is hilarious considering the countless of theories this plotpoint spawned.

- O_F

14. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    It happens exactly as we are told it did

Except that Obi-Wan says "I thought he was killed before that", Jango says he never heard of him, and there's no logical motivation for a Jedi to order an army that happens to fit perfectly in the plans of the Sith, and will ultimately be the Jedi's demise.

Again, I'm working within the logic of the movie alone.

15. Deeysew

Mar 5, 2005
    Clear your mind of questions my friend. The Padawan, Obi-Frans, is right. All that mystery built up in AotC and such was left to the EU to answer while well, not to spoil rotS, it just very much MIGHT not be touched on in the slightest since it's been cast in stone by a few EU books and such. People tell me it's because GL didn't feel like wasting time answering questions left over from AotC. *shrug* Wattcha gonna do? I still hope it all gets tied up ON FILM so that there ARE no more wayward theories based on the scant questionable details in this movie.

16. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    Hey, I'm not the one complaining. Like I said, I'm perfectly fine with the explaination that the movie offers.

We don't need no stinking EU...

17. Obi_Frans

Jul 31, 2003
    Except that Obi-Wan says "I thought he was killed before that"

Keyword: "Thought"

Jango says he never heard of him

Jango was telling the truth, it was Tyranus who offered him the deal to be the template.

and there's no logical motivation for a Jedi to order an army that happens to fit perfectly in the plans of the Sith, and will ultimately be the Jedi's demise.

Except that without the Clones, the Republic/Jedi would've easily been toppled by the Seperatists?

No matter what happens in Episode III, the Republic AND the Jedi NEEDED the Clones to beat the Seps.

Again, I'm working within the logic of the movie alone

So am i.

- O_F

18. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    But would you have come to the same conclusion without the book?

I have no problem with you enjoying EU, but it's not needed for the movies to work, and it shouldn't be.

19. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    ^^^ Your right the EU is not needed but it does make the saga more complete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.