main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are the species native to the corparite sector?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    This was classified under Palpitine but indeed there was a few. Anyone know?

2. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    As I remember reading there were and are no native species to the Corporate Sector. Han thinks in the first HSA book that there was thought to have been a slightly different sort of radiation that prevented intelligent life from developing.

3. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Actually acording to Rebellion Era sourcebook, it was kept classified under the Empire that there was native life.

4. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    I stand corrected then. I was going by the older and/or original sources.

5. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Zonama Sekot is in the Corportie Sector, isn't it? but there aren't any aliens there.

Droma said he saw a Fosh in the Corporite Sector, but who knows where they actually come from...?

6. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Zonama Sekot wasn't in the Corporate Sector, but it was somewhere along the Tingel Arm.

But who knows, perhaps it made a stop in the CS during its journeys. :)

7. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Not doubting you of course chissdude10 ;)

You've got a later source than me, but I thought I'll put in the
    paragraph that cmulligan01 was talking about. :)

The Corporate Sector was one wisp off one branch at the end of one arm of the galaxy, but that wisp contained tens of thousands of star systems, and not one native, intelligent species was to be found anywhere. No one was sure why. Han had heard that neutrino research showed abnormalities in the solar convective layers of every sun hereabout, something that might have spread like a virus among the stars in this isolated sector.
    From HSA - At Stars End (Page 8)

Hope that helped :D If not I just wasted alot of space [face_blush]

8. TheLastSith

TheLastSith Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2001
    It has to be Yoda's species living there.

They'll probably make an appearance in a future NJO book and kick Vong.

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Why would emperor care to classify any native creatures in a part of space, that isn't even owned or controled by the empire?(csa "bribes" the empire to leave them alone pretty much.)

Sounds like a dumb idea to me. Makes no sense.

CSA would know more about there own part of space. While the quote in the book says no native sensient species, that doesn't preclude there being non-sensient animals roaming some planets.

10. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    well i know there are sentinents there.

11. Genghis_the_Dead_12

Genghis_the_Dead_12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    First a key point before getting to some questions...

1. The Corporate Sector Authority - "The Corporate Sector is not a political body; it is an economic entity...The Authority has fairly broad latitude in enforcing the Emperor's general directives - however, Direx Board members have no illusions their own position. The Corporate Sector Charter is only legally binding as long Palpatine wills that to be the case and avoiding his wrath has always been top priotity." (HS&CSS, p. 25) The Corporate Sector has always been a part of the Empire, at least until Palpatine was alive. They didn't pay a bribe, Palpatine set up the "modern" CSA Charter himself so that the Empire reaped all of the profits while doing none of the work and giving the CSA the illusion of control.

Valiento...
    "Why would emperor care to classify any native creatures in a part of space, that isn't even owned or controled by the empire?(csa "bribes" the empire to leave them alone pretty much.)"

Easily answered by the HS&CSS...
    Probes into the surrounding regions of space showed an amazing coincidence: of the thousands of stars within and near the Corporate Sector, only eleven were known to contain intelligent species, and none of them had been contacted by the Republic. With careful doctoring of evidence and discrete "first contact teams," the League could distort the evidence to show no such species. The result was an undeveloped "uninhabited" region of space. (HS&CSS, p. 20)

The reason why the hiding of the species was done was so there wouldn't be any outcry when the CSA went in and raped the inhabited systems of all its resources. There were laws and such in effect that Corporations couldn't do such things to inhabited systems. So, by a simple paperwork trick of classifying the systems uninhabited, there weren't any problems.

"Sounds like a dumb idea to me. Makes no sense."

Essentially, it's what all of the major mineral/precious metals producers today. Anyone from Bre-X (went bankrupt after faking its holdings) to Freeport MacMoran Copper have been accused of raping and destroying third world countries (Malaysia, etc.) and societies while they stripmine the resources away. It would be a lot harder to make as much a profit if a billion tons of copper were found under the city of Chicago than under a tribal burial ground for a nomadic society who has no concept of "ownership" of something and sells away the land for some colored beads.

12. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Are there Trianii in the Corporate Sector?

13. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah I think they might be, and thanx for proving im not crazy and stupid Genghis.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Trianii aren't native to CorpSec, though. Trian is also located in the Tingel Arm.

15. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    The Trianii do live near by and have had plenty a skirmish with the CSA.

16. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    There aren't any. I wiped them out. All of them.

17. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Really? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.