main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are those TRIALS the Jedi talk about?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Master_Mace_Windows, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Mace_Windows

Master_Mace_Windows Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2005
    *He's ready for the trials honorable Council*

sort of like that's the line QuiGon speaks, and then I think ObiWan to Anakin in ROTS.

WHAT are those trials?

2. DARK_LORD_JCC

DARK_LORD_JCC Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2005
    "Trials" as it's used in "Jedi trials" means a series of tests to find out if you're ready and capable to be knighted as a jedi.

Did you mean, what do the Trials consist of specifically?

3. jedimonkie

jedimonkie Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    the trials actually consists of a written test with 25 multple choice questions, 15 true/false, 10 short answer, and 3 essay questions. and 1 timed run through a "double dare" style obstacle course, where at the end the padawan has to find his new jedi robe hidden in a pool of green slime.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I would like to think that the trials are different for every Jedi.

5. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    The Clone Wars cartoon tells us what the trails are and it consists of 3 tasks:

Trial of flesh.

Trial of skill.

Trial of the mirror.

Obi-wan went through all 3 trials in his fight with Darth Maul.

Anakin went through the 1st trial when he fought Dooku in AOTC and the Clone Wars itself was his 2nd trial but he hasn't passed the 3rd trial which requires him to face his fears and to conquer them because he wouldn't let go of his fears, thus why he became Darth Vader.

6. jedimonkie

jedimonkie Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    the council agreed that anakin had passed his trials, as seen in 'clone wars' season 3; episode 21, when anakin was made a knight.

7. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Anakin passes his trial in the novel "Jedi Trial". He doesn't seem to know it, but it has Yoda and Mace confering about giving him his nighthood at the end.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yeah, I forgot about that.

9. IBO-NAW-NAYAS

IBO-NAW-NAYAS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    I thought he was a knight, and wanted to be promoted to master.
    neways if those trials are what you need to be a knight what do you have to do to be a master?

10. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    They only agreed that Anakin had passed 2 of the trials but he hasn't passed the mirror trial.

11. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I agree, the trials are a mission a padawan/apprentice has to complete in order to get the rank of Knight and go on missions on your own and stuff like that. Yoda granted Obi Knight because he was the first Jedi to kill a sith in a millenia.

Good Stuff

12. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005

2 ways:

1) Train a Padawan until he/she becomes a Knight.

2) Pass the Trials in the basic sense, then pass them again in spirit.

13. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    As far as the films themselves are conerned, the trials are left entirely up to the audience's imagination. I always pictured it not as a formal test but more a period where the padawan is sent out on his own without his master and the Council simply watches closely to see how he handles himself in the real-world. After an indeterminate amount of time, if the Council is satisfied, the padawan is officially knighted. I assume that in some cases, if a Jedi shows great skill, wisdom, and courage--such as during Obi-Wan's encounter with Darth Maul--the Council will accept that as proof that the padawan is ready to be knighted.

14. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    The trials involve defending themselves in court from a prosocuter trying to convince the jury that they are a sith.

15. cymbalmonkey

cymbalmonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Luke's first trial occured in the Cave in ESB in which he failed ... in order to pass the trial, Yoda and Obi-Wan wanted Luke to confront Vader ...

16. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    "Double Dare" lol! I can just picture a young Dooku trying to crawl up a slide covered in Hersheys Syrup, honey and whipped cream, trying to reach a lightsaber at the top.

17. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    It's the Jedi version of final exams!

18. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    There are no "official trials" for Jedi.

The Jedi Knight/Master teaching their padawan will put them through different situations and will judge if their pupil made the right choice.
    A Jedi Padawan will NEVER know they are going through the trials.

For example, "Jedi Trial" describes Anakin's actions in the final battle sequence. Afterward, Yoda agreed that Anakin finally showed qualities and skills worthy of a Jedi Knight. The true test is the one we never see coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.