What are you afraid of?

Discussion in 'Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Darth_AYBABTU, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Master

star 6

I know we aren't a very serious group, but this is a semi-serious question. What is it that really creeps you out? Heights? Spiders? Jjanda? Tell us!

I am freaked out by two things: ferris wheels and escalators. Those dang ferris wheels, (or Towering Wheels of Death) really give me the heebie-jeebies. I hate when it stops when I'm at the very top, and then the car just kinda dangles back and forth, exposing me to the possibility of a grotesque death on the craggy machinery below. That uneasy sensation of rocking back and forth with no real restraint, I hate it. I am gripped with white-knuckle fear. My face goes ashen, and I don't let go until I am pulled from the car. Chicks are always, "Ohhh! Let's ride the ferris wheel!" And I'm all, "Ummm.. let's don't and say we did." But I always do, because I'm a sucker, and it SUCKS.

I also have a real problem with escalators. The stepping on and stepping off is more of a frantic, only semi-controlled leap away from certain and painful death. But I also don't use the handrail on those things, because that's how they get you!

These fears are really quite silly, I know. I'm not afraid of heights, I've bungee jumped a few times, and am planning to skydive soon. I love roller coasters like FateNaberrie loves cake. But the ferris wheel is my nemesis.

What silly things freak you people out, other than the frightening lameness of mods?

AYBABTU

2. Terr_Mys Jedi Master

star 6
  3. EagleIFilms Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm afraid that everyone that says they like me don't really, and are just being nice to me.

And that people on the internet will find out I'm actually a forty year old white trash women with droopy bosums that's dating my nephew.
  4. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Insects. Nature channel documentaries on ant societies I'm more than cool with...Cutting the grass outside and seeing a ton of maggots on a dead bird or getting buzzed by a cicada, no big deal. But having them in my presence, or more importantly, violating my personal space, it annoys me to the point that I can't think about anything else until I smash them with a large shoe...a violent rage that could only be a mask for some hidden childhood fear that hasn't been worked out properly.
  5. Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Master

star 5
    I am deathly afraid of nerds and the nerdlike. Their calculators and pocket protectors and Spock ears and PT-bashing just make me want to run and hide. In fact, my therapist sent me to the JC as part of my therapy.

He figured if I could make it here without checking out, then I'd be one step closer to facing them in the real world.

I don't think it's working.
  6. Terr_Mys Jedi Master

star 6
    *sigh* Do YJCCers not like Star Wars or something? :( I want my ESB dialogue!
  7. KaineDamo Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I'm afraid of Sadako. And chinese dolls. Those things are just so emotionless and still and pale, my sister has a room full of them and they creep me out to no end. I'm also afraid of IT the clown, and when i was a kid i was so afraid of Michael Myers i would convince myself i just got a glimpse of him outside the window or in the mirror.
  8. Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Master

star 6

Oh yeah, clowns are really freaky too.

AYBABTU
  9. carmenite42 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love roller coasters like FateNaberrie loves cake.

:mad:

I'm afraid of ski lifts.
  10. Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Master

star 5
    Oh, and Irishmen. They scare the bejeepers out of me.

Not red-headed Irish lasses, mind you, just their freakish male brethren.
  11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    What is it that really creeps you out?

I can't really say anything really creeps me out.
  12. KaineDamo Jedi Youngling

star 5
  13. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
  14. Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master

star 5
    Spiders? Jjanda? Tell us!

First, why the **** was I on that list?! Did I do anything to imply creepiness?

*goes back to watching her wall of screens which are connected to video cameras she has installed in ever other BB house member's bathroom*

Second, that was an ironic order in which to write things, since I think the closest thing to a phobia I do have is spiders. If I suddenly notice one near me my tendency will be to jump, maybe scream, and get away from it. I don't mind observing them if I know where they are and am sure they can't touch me... in fact I try to do so to cure myself of my fear of them. I've tried once or twice to make myself pick one up for the same reason, but I can't do it, so far. Tiny little spiders don't bother me, and I can just squish them with my finger anyway, but larger ones, especially the ones that run around quickly, or that I suddenly notice nearby when I'm outside...
  15. Terr_Mys Jedi Master

star 6
    Oh crap, I did screw it up now that I think about it.

Afraid?

You're trembling.

I'm not trembling.

You like me because I'm a BBer. There aren't enough BBers in your life.

I happen to like nice posters.

I'm a nice poster.

No you're not, you're...

*slurp*

Or whatever the appropriate onomatopoeia there is.

So, I guess my biggest fear is probably misquoting SW. :(
  16. carmenite42 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Damn, that's creepy Jjanda.

Also, I think Rhett might've put you on the list because it's a little scary how you think being an e-slut is going to win you BB. Tone it down, babe.
  17. KaineDamo Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Being a ittle flirtacious makes you an e-slut now?? Wow!! You must think alot of women are sluts!!

What about the vast majority of JC males. Overbearing perves, constantly e-ittong on females and saying things like "OMG POST PICS NOW!!" and other crap. Double standards, man! Think about it. EVERYBODY on the JC flirts, especially the males. Grow up.
  18. comet1440 Jedi Master

star 4
    What are you afraid of?

nothing.
  19. StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master

star 5
  20. EagleIFilms Jedi Knight

star 5
    What are you afraid of?

nothing.

Oh, man, stop it now!

You're killing me!
  21. Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Master

star 6

"Also, I think Rhett might've put you on the list because it's a little scary how you think being an e-slut is going to win you BB."

To be fair, I just pulled her name out of a hat.

AYBABTU

22. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Fears, huh... Well, I am not above admitting my fears. And I have a lot. :p

First things First. There is one thing I hate more than ANYTHING else in the world.
    GARBAGE DISPOSALS
    ick ick ick. There is nothing scarier in the world than looking down into that endlessly black hole of death and destruction. If you look a bit closer (NOT TOO CLOSE!!!) you can see the shiny evil blades, perhaps with small chucks of its latest kill spattered everywhere. The sound that that hideous monster makes as it shreds things to bits makes me cringe. I look at the sink, and if the little drain cover is not there, I can see it. I can see it and its evil desires. In my mind I hear it beckoning to me: "Ohhh Tracy, I think there's a spoon trapped in me! Come stuck your hand in and seeeeee!"
    *shudder*

I would rather die by being disemboweled than slowly chewed up by a heinous garbage disposal.

Maybe I wrote this a bit melodramatic, but I swear to you, I am terrified of garbage disposals. NOTHING could get me to stick my hand in one. NOTHING.

I think, if anyone ever, as a prank, tried to force my hand into one, I would have a full on panic attack and do ANYTHING I could to get away, including scratching their EYES out of their head. :)

Don't ever read R L Stein?s House on Fear Street series. The house is evil and possessed, and in one book, the garbage disposal claims a victim. When I read these at 9 or 10 years old, they freaked me out. I am convinced this is the origins of that particular fear.

Stein also gave me another fear: unstoppable hot water in an enclosed shower stall.
    *tremble*
    In the evil cheerleader series, a girl is locked in a shower stall, water is locked on, scalding hot, and the drain is blocked. As the shower stall fills up with thick choking steam and intolerably hot water, she is boiled to death. This is why I like open showers with shower curtains :(

Let?s see, what else? I am afraid of sharks in the ocean. JAWS scared the crap out of me, and while I can swim in the ocean, I do so at a high level of anxiety.

I have some other fears, but I don?t feel like sharing them :p
  23. Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Master

star 6

"The sound that that hideous monster makes as it shreds things to bits makes me cringe."

RAHHRGHARHAGRARARHGAHHARRAHTRAHGHGRA!!!

AYBABTU

24. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
  25. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight

star 5
    what are you afraid of?

needles, but only from a shot, I can get piercings and tattoos just fine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.