VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We've got the running What was the last videogame you beat? thread and plenty of What's Your Favorite types of threads...but what about those (i.e. me) who start games and take forever to eventually beat them? Or go back to sandbox games? Or who spend most of their time in multiplayer?

I'm working on another Mass Effect playthrough, spending some time getting reacquainted with Halo 3 multiplayer before ODST comes out, and the new Professor Layton sequel.

What about you?
  2. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    I signed up for the Tiger Woods PGA Online Beta and have been playing that lately.
  3. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm currently playing Football Manager 2009 on the PC whilst waiting for the 2010 version to be released. I am intermittant on Guild Wars still whilst I look for a free day to concentrate on finishing Nightfall and GWEN.

I'm playing X-Men Legends on the Wii/Gamecube
  4. Violent Violet Menace Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm currently playing through Ultimate Spider-Man on the GameCube, while also sometimes playing a bit The Getaway: Black Monday on PS2.

Ultimate Spider-Man I think ranks, together with Spider-Man 2, as the two best video game versions of Spider-Man thus far. However they each have something the other one lacks.

As for The Getaway: Black Monday, I found that one in a store for under 10$ the other day, and I just bought it out of curiosity. At the time the first one came out I had heard that it was top notch in the story and presentation department, but pretty average and even frustrating when it came to gameplay. While in the store I figured: this is the sequel, surely they must have ironed out most of the kinks of the first one. As it turns out, I was wrong. Still, what it lacks in ease of play, it makes up for in personality. :)
  5. Black-Tiger Jedi Master

star 3
    Batman: Arkham Asylum

And very good it is too!
  6. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga mostly. Though intermittently I break out one of my many versions of Guitar Hero for a few songs. I've also got Dead Space on the go. And a Mass Effect playthough...
  7. CT-770492A3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I go back to Star Wars: Battlefront 2 frequently. Multiplayer if I have Internet, Instant Action battles or Galactic Conquest if not.

Played Kamino yesterday. Can still knock AI's out of turrets halfway across the battlefield with a DC-15 blaster rifle. :)
    Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  8. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm messing around with the Fallout 3 add-ons.
  9. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Mass Effect, Star Ocean:The Last Hope, and Drake's Fortune.
  10. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 4
    mnn. finished a lot of games the last 6 months. now i am playing stranglehold on pc, and playing madden on the wii 2010. can't wait for the pc version of batman though
  11. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Rocking Arkham Asylum on the PS3, occasionally going back to Skate 2 when I need to just chill out, and on the PC I rotate between TF2, CoDWaW, and of course Stalker: Clear Sky.
  12. zacparis VIP

star 7
    360: Batman, Sacred 2, and should be getting some practice in Halo 3 for a NZ online tournament to win Halo ODST. :D

PS3: Valkyria Chronicles
  13. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    a Let's Play on youtube made me play Oblivion again - thank god for mods
  14. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Which mods are you using? I've debating going back to it but I'm not sure which to go with at this point.
  15. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Some texture packs, one for better water, Enhanced Weather (not Natural Environments), Illumination Within, DarNified UI, Atmospheric Loading Screens (no text!),

I never went for the big gameplay changes, only smaller ones, like Better Mercantile Leveling, Quest Award Leveller and the ability to cast spells on self while on horseback (though that was only really useful on the one playthrough where I never fasttravelled).

The single most important one, however, is this one :p
  16. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    Yeah, although the "Cliff Racer Extinction" patch for Morrowind was/is definitely my favorite of those types. [face_mischief] In that game, it seemed like the more you slaughtered, the more ultimately showed up in the end.

(And yup -- quite like the "Better Mercantile Leveling" mod too, even for characters with reasonably high Merc-stats. Takes forever, otherwise. Lets me get into those store-investments much, much faster.)
  17. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Unfortunately, I'm already rich and powerful again, which is kinda boring, no matter how pretty the damn thing is now. The most difficult part is trying not to run out of arrows [face_tired]

Stupid late PC release date for Arkham Asylum [face_frustrated]
  18. nobeazer Jedi Knight

star 1
  19. ImpKnight Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Battlefield 1943, and I'm slowly restarting Mass Effect. Oh, and Turtles in Time: Reshelled.
  20. son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm currently finishing up another run of KotOR II.
  21. ShadowStoneKat Jedi Knight

star 1
    Still.. Sins of a Solar Empire w/ Entrenchment
  22. zacparis VIP

star 7
    The Force Unleashed, Batman, and started playing Diablo II for the first time.
  23. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Never got Entrenchment and I can never play this for very long because I end up doing the same thing. Turtling, researching, steamrolling.
  24. ImpKnight Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The Beatles: Rock Band
  25. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 4
    geez im supriaswed y6ou can get it to work on your pc. isan't diablo 2 from 2001?

well i did get kotr to work on my pcd. just got the steam version on d2d