main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    We've got the running What was the last videogame you beat? thread and plenty of What's Your Favorite types of threads...but what about those (i.e. me) who start games and take forever to eventually beat them? Or go back to sandbox games? Or who spend most of their time in multiplayer?

I'm working on another Mass Effect playthrough, spending some time getting reacquainted with Halo 3 multiplayer before ODST comes out, and the new Professor Layton sequel.

What about you?

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I signed up for the Tiger Woods PGA Online Beta and have been playing that lately.

3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm currently playing Football Manager 2009 on the PC whilst waiting for the 2010 version to be released. I am intermittant on Guild Wars still whilst I look for a free day to concentrate on finishing Nightfall and GWEN.

I'm playing X-Men Legends on the Wii/Gamecube

4. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I'm currently playing through Ultimate Spider-Man on the GameCube, while also sometimes playing a bit The Getaway: Black Monday on PS2.

Ultimate Spider-Man I think ranks, together with Spider-Man 2, as the two best video game versions of Spider-Man thus far. However they each have something the other one lacks.

As for The Getaway: Black Monday, I found that one in a store for under 10$ the other day, and I just bought it out of curiosity. At the time the first one came out I had heard that it was top notch in the story and presentation department, but pretty average and even frustrating when it came to gameplay. While in the store I figured: this is the sequel, surely they must have ironed out most of the kinks of the first one. As it turns out, I was wrong. Still, what it lacks in ease of play, it makes up for in personality. :)

KingOfMid2004 likes this.
  5. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    Batman: Arkham Asylum

And very good it is too!

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga mostly. Though intermittently I break out one of my many versions of Guitar Hero for a few songs. I've also got Dead Space on the go. And a Mass Effect playthough...

7. CT-770492A3

CT-770492A3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2009
    I go back to Star Wars: Battlefront 2 frequently. Multiplayer if I have Internet, Instant Action battles or Galactic Conquest if not.

Played Kamino yesterday. Can still knock AI's out of turrets halfway across the battlefield with a DC-15 blaster rifle. :)

8. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm messing around with the Fallout 3 add-ons.

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Mass Effect, Star Ocean:The Last Hope, and Drake's Fortune.

10. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    mnn. finished a lot of games the last 6 months. now i am playing stranglehold on pc, and playing madden on the wii 2010. can't wait for the pc version of batman though

11. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Rocking Arkham Asylum on the PS3, occasionally going back to Skate 2 when I need to just chill out, and on the PC I rotate between TF2, CoDWaW, and of course Stalker: Clear Sky.

12. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    360: Batman, Sacred 2, and should be getting some practice in Halo 3 for a NZ online tournament to win Halo ODST. :D

PS3: Valkyria Chronicles

13. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    a Let's Play on youtube made me play Oblivion again - thank god for mods

14. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Which mods are you using? I've debating going back to it but I'm not sure which to go with at this point.

15. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Some texture packs, one for better water, Enhanced Weather (not Natural Environments), Illumination Within, DarNified UI, Atmospheric Loading Screens (no text!),

I never went for the big gameplay changes, only smaller ones, like Better Mercantile Leveling, Quest Award Leveller and the ability to cast spells on self while on horseback (though that was only really useful on the one playthrough where I never fasttravelled).

The single most important one, however, is this one :p

KingOfMid2004 likes this.
  16. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Yeah, although the "Cliff Racer Extinction" patch for Morrowind was/is definitely my favorite of those types. [face_mischief] In that game, it seemed like the more you slaughtered, the more ultimately showed up in the end.

(And yup -- quite like the "Better Mercantile Leveling" mod too, even for characters with reasonably high Merc-stats. Takes forever, otherwise. Lets me get into those store-investments much, much faster.)

17. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Unfortunately, I'm already rich and powerful again, which is kinda boring, no matter how pretty the damn thing is now. The most difficult part is trying not to run out of arrows [face_tired]

Stupid late PC release date for Arkham Asylum [face_frustrated]

18. nobeazer

nobeazer Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    Killzone 2.

19. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Battlefield 1943, and I'm slowly restarting Mass Effect. Oh, and Turtles in Time: Reshelled.

20. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I'm currently finishing up another run of KotOR II.

21. ShadowStoneKat

ShadowStoneKat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2004
    Still.. Sins of a Solar Empire w/ Entrenchment

22. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    The Force Unleashed, Batman, and started playing Diablo II for the first time.

23. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Never got Entrenchment and I can never play this for very long because I end up doing the same thing. Turtling, researching, steamrolling.

24. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    The Beatles: Rock Band

25. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    geez im supriaswed y6ou can get it to work on your pc. isan't diablo 2 from 2001?

well i did get kotr to work on my pcd. just got the steam version on d2d