main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Cool, expect a friend request from Obiwomble-Kenobi, have just sent both off.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I've been a Destiny junkie on my PS4 since that games release date on 9/9/14. Love this damn game! As a matter of fact my PS4 is the cool white Destiny one. Ive put the game on hold for the most part this past 1 1/2 mths since FF15 got here. This is PURRTY game fo sho! Fun to!

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I think I'm already friends with you. Please send me a message just to remind me to send you the group invite.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. PulseSound

PulseSound Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2016
    I'm on a bit of a Star Wars binge so I'm running through a bunch of games on a variety of systems:

On the consoles I have just purchased Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I'm enjoying the single-player/split screen content for Battlefront (wish they'd add more).

On PC I've just back into SWTOR and playing through the story missions, good quality.

On iPad I'm hooked into Galaxy of Heroes, as well as playing a bit of Star Wars pinball and Tiny Death Star and KOTOR, which holds up extremely well on the iPad, a little awkward to walk around, especially when you keep accidentally talking to people, but with the auto combat and big and clear console menus it almost feels custom made for such a device, hopefully KOTOR II gets ported also.

All-in-all, it's a good time with a lot of different options just within the one themactic catagory.

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I downloaded the original Resident Evil for my Xbox, so I'm giving that another go. It's almost like muscle memory, knowing the exact order I need to visit the rooms to find the proper keys and other items.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Spec Ops: The Line

7. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    One of my favourite games, but I understand that it's quite polarising. To have any chance of enjoying it, you must go in without any expectations and just take it for what it is. Even so, you may feel confused by the end. I found it useful to consult a developer interview afterwards to make sense of what I experienced. That might be a flaw with the narrative - that it doesn't adequately convey author's intent - but all in all, I'm still glad that I played it.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, you know how I thought, quite reasonably, that it'd take me ages to unlock Matterhorn and Mont Blanc due to my level being 16 and their unlocks being 20 and 23 with 25 as the max level? Well, it hasn't worked out that way....

Due to getting a load of bronzes by design and also a wodge of golds, more by sheer luck, plus exploration and boarding bonuses, plus doing challenges of pure bastardry.... I hit Level 23 and got access to Mont Blanc!

I still think very little of some of Steep's "challenges", some of them are only so to hiding of checkpoints, placing them in midpair, screwing with your landing or other computer bull-crap - and yes, at least a couple on I cheated on in response by walking it, turns you can get a bonus for that too for going far enough on foot - but....

The mountains are an absolute triumph. Matterhorn is pretty much your human shield barrier to Mont Blanc, it is a bastard in a lot of ways but still pretty too. Mont Blanc, however, takes it up several notches with the most beautiful snowfields you've ever seen. Yes, it is capable of throwing some truly evil yet stunning canyons at you, but it still loooks amazing as you barrel downhill at stupidly dangerous speed.

There's still various drop zones to find, which will be as and when. The exploration aspect remains the best aspect of it for me. To me it's a technical marvel that you're allowed to go any which way down a mountain, never mind eight of them.

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Bought Ass Creed Syn during Xmas "for my son" right. Thinking about loading up later. It's 50 gb though ugh.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    To my considerable surprise I've hit Level 25 in Steep, which in level terms, is end of the line!

Doesn't mean the game stops, there's still drop zones to find along with events that range from the great to the total arse but I no longer need the XP to unlock things, well except for gear but that's done by the bronze, silver, gold levels.
    Also found myself somehow getting golds on events where I certainly wouldn't expect to.

Never unlocked a snowboarding game to this degree before, which is why it was so unexpected. SSX On Tour? Used a cheat unlock. SSX3? Copied my sister's save file. So, quite nice to have done this one.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    God of War III

13. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    Warframe

14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Playing Assassin's Creed: Chronicles and Overcooked.

The first, a fun twist on the series, with a greater stealth emphasis, the second, a surprisingly deep cooking game.

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Skyrim. Again. At least it's SE this time?

Oh, and I found a shout I'd never bothered to find before where I can freeze time at will. Feels ZA WARUDO, man.

16. Random Stormtrooper

Random Stormtrooper Jedi Knight

Jan 18, 2016
    Currently playing Witcher 3

Awesome game so far

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

17. JiangLover

JiangLover Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2016
    Currently have been addicted with Overwatch (Xbox One). Quite a fun game, but can get very frustrating when you team mates aren't good. And then THEY usually rage quit???

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta

19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Overcooked is one of those universally loved titles that I'll never enjoy, on account of my general abhorrence toward games that rank you based on how well you play (rhythm games notwithstanding). Even with couch co-op with some buddies, I was bored to death.

20. JiangLover

JiangLover Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2016
    I thought I would too. But its been over a month since I started. Logically I should be bored by now, cause its basically repeating itself a thousand times. But I don't know, I still play it.

21. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I've been back to playing RWBY: Grimm Eclipse now that I know how to hook my PS4 controller up to my PC.

But, I'm going to start the Baba Yaga DLC for Rise of the Tomb Raider tonight.

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Replaying The Last of Us.

The announcement of Part II made me want to replay the first game. The first half of the game is weaker, up until the end of the Pittsburgh chapter, and after that the game is much more effective, especially the University chapter. I really liked that chapter for some reason.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I really gotta get the game. I'm not a fan of apocalyptic/Zombie-type games, but I've only heard good things about this one in being unique. Believe it or not I downloaded the "Left Behind" spinoff for the PS4 because I thought I could play it without the whole game just to get the feel. But it gives a warning to suggest you play the original game first.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Playing it on the PS3

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So, had all but one of the drop zones so decided to cheat by getting the coordinates for it, guess what? Turns out Steep decided to cheat too.

Drop Zones are supposed to be marked by a binocular item and diagonal shading, but there wasn't anything of the kind that I could see for this last one. I got it, like a load of others, by literally dropping in on via helicopter ride.

The game has one big weakness where coordinates are concerned - which is the map is not locked to a NESW compass grid, so you end having to guess which way to get the coordinates you want! It's awful and any challenges that use coordinates tend to be awful with it. They'd have been better not doing that at all than the way they've done it.

Oh well, no game is perfect but this one remains very, very good.