main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Still playing FFXV

I was debating RE 7 as I'd heard it was a little bit of a return style wise to the original series and away from 4,5,6 which I didn't like.

I then saw some footage of it and just though nooope. I'm not the best with tense games at the best of times but this looks like a step too far for me.

Besides I still need to get back to Witcher 3

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Batman: Return to Arkham City

3. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Working through Pillars of Eternity. I've tried it a couple of times before, but never managed to get involved with my character, so the attempts have always dried up. Until now, so I got the White March expansion to it as well. So far so very good. :)

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Looks like Sony has helped me choose between Rise of the Tomb Raider and Horizon: Zero Dawn as my next solo game to invest my time and money in. They're having a sale this week on ROTTR for $30. Not too shabby.

Riven_JTAC likes this.
  5. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Very good choice. I just finished the Blood Ties DLC main story the other night. I haven't gone back to try any Expeditions yet or score challenges. But the main game and the Baba Yaga DLC were great.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

When I purchased the game, I didn't realize that the demo already installed the entire game (15gigs). I thought I had to sit and wait for the download. What was nice was that they counted the small parts of the story from the demo towards the main game's completion (3%).

7. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm somewhat of a completionist (not perfect, but I try), so I was barely trudging toward 100% for a long time. When I finally cleared almost everything in the game (collectibles, tombs, etc.) I was racing toward 100% (well, 99%... I messed up something in the Syria map... ugh). haha

I'm guessing the demo was just the Syria map?

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

It had a little Syria and Siberia. I've completed the last few TR games, going back to Legend (I actually have the trilogy for the PS3).

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Trying to complete four games in February that I've started already but not completed, starting with Uncharted 4. The middle of that game is terrible, but the final third is turning out to be great.

heels1785 likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Combination of Diablo 3 and Yakuza 0.

Also intending to go back and finish Dragon Age: Inquisition before Mass Effect: Andromeda comes out.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Working through my back catalogue. Just finished a game of XCOM: Enemy Within (the MECs and gene mods are quite cool, great expansion pack) and just started Broken Age. Can't believe I haven't played this yet...

13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Done with Resident Evil 7 for now, going back to Final Fantasy XV.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just tried GTA 5 - incredibly crap in every respect, why the hell so many people like it so much is a total mystery to me.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

What don't you like about it?

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Pretty much everything.

The opening missions were basically the game committing suicide about four times over, I ended up being massively hacked off and decided the best solution was to sell the bugger! Will regain about 75% of the cash spent on it.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I like it. I have female avatar and love driving around in my tripped up cars, going on heists, and once in a blue moon playing the vs missions. I played the offline, single-player game on my PS3 all the way through; so when I upgraded to the PS4 version I haven't bothered playing it again (only online). I did transfer my online character to keep all the money and stats I gained.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Flogged it yesterday, it's gone, got 75% or a bit more of the cash spent on it back and it'll be a good reminder that Rockstar and me ain't a good mix.

Currently enjoying Yakuza 0 far more, up to chapter 13 of 17.

19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm still playing GTAO, Jedi Ben, nearly 2 years after its release on PC. Sure, it's been on old- and next-gen consoles, but if you haven't experienced Los Santos at max settings, 144fps... have you experienced it?

I've also just done the Hitman bonus missions. There's one to assassinate a right wing (YAY!) politician, which ended up being stupidly easy. And another to kill on a sort of Iron Man-esque set.

Hitman 2016 was a phenomenal game and I am eagerly awaiting Season 2.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    All in all Ender, no graphic upgrade is going to succeed in polishing the turd Rockstar landed me with.

That aside, GTA Online is pretty much what's selling the game to most people too, years later.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Can I say that anyone wanting to claim that they got the so-called "timed puzzle" document in the Baba Yaga DLC of Rise of the Tomb Raider on their first try is an outright LIAR? The TR series of games has been known for its frustrating puzzles in the past, and this one should take the cake (at least among those without a certified glitch attached to it).

22. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Only just getting to ch 5 of FF15 and I'm at 82 hrs of game play. It reminds me an Elder Scrolls game since there is so much to do to distract you from main quest but I'm having a blast.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Batman: Arkham Knight

Nanaki likes this.
  24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon.

Discovered some cool new mods for the game, with some interesting new maps that have drawn back into the skirmish mode.

25. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Borderlands TPS. Currently playing as Athena. System 360.