main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I've played as Cammy since the Super Street Fighter 2 days of the 1990s. Chun-Li is my second, and from there I use the other female characters to a lesser degree. As you can imagine, I save my fight money for whenever any female character is released. Karin was the latest one I picked up.

heels1785 likes this.
  2. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I've traditionally been a Ryu and Ken guy. Ken would be my personal preference among the two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Call of Duty: World at War

Life likes this.
  4. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Playing as a dark elf but unlike my playthrough of Skyrim I'm going for an more warrior type.

darkspine10 likes this.
  5. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Battlefront. It's stupid, but it is Star Wars.

Life likes this.
  6. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    Kotor. Doing another dark side run.

7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Mario Kart 8 on Switch.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Marvel Heroes Omega on PS4, closed beta. Open beta goes live in a week. Would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys leisurely button mashing, i.e. Diablo-style gaming.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    So I played a fair bit of Grim Fandango Remastered and I'm just about to give up on it. For context, I grew up playing the old LucasArts/Sierra adventure games (never got around to GF) so I'm well aware of how non-intuitive and convoluted a lot of the puzzles may be. That I am willing to accept. What I cannot accept, however, is how awful the inventory system is. Instead of showing all your items at once in a grid format, like basically every other adventure game of that era did, you have to stop, go into Manny's jacket, and scroll through each item one by one.

This wouldn't be a huge deal if you weren't carrying a lot of items. In fact, I was perfectly fine with it for the first part of the game before you get to Rubacava. But once you're there, the game opens up and the inventory starts growing. The reason why this is a big problem for me is that when you get stuck in these old adventure games, which happens A LOT, your go-to solution is to look in your inventory, take an item and interact it with something/someone in the world. If that doesn't work, you go to the next item, rinse and repeat until something happens. This is actually a core component of the gameplay when you go back and play these old school adventure games and it basically becomes unplayable with this particular game's inventory system.

I understand that it's almost 20 years old but I just can't wrap my ahead around it when adventure games that came before it, and also made by the same company, had an inventory system that was perfectly fine. Yeah I can look at walkthroughs for help, and I do from time to time, but when it gets to the point where I'm constantly looking at one then I might as well just watch a playthrough on YouTube.

All that being said, I do really like the characters, the writing, and the overall world so I can see why the game is so beloved in that respect.

Jedi Ben, heels1785 and Life like this.
  10. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. I'm in the third dungeon.

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Division.

Really enjoying it.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    I haven't played anything properly in a little while, but right now the project is Expeditions: Viking.

13. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Oddly enough, during my business travels, the Microsoft Treasure Hunter game available for my Surface Pro 4. It has gotten extremely challenging now around level 25-26.

Life likes this.
  14. Scotticus

Scotticus Jedi Padawan

May 13, 2017
    I'm waiting for Injustice 2 to come out this Tuesday, but I'm playing mostly Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch with some SWTOR with my Mandalorian Mercs Clan.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Smackdown vs Raw 2009

16. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga

Life likes this.
  17. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect: Andromeda

18. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    Heroes of Might and Magic III

19. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Star Wars The Old Republic

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  21. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Kinda late to the party and not even starting on the 1st game in series, but I have began my 1st dip into the Witcher world with Witcher 2 on my 360. Damn I'm loving it to and I'm only on ch 1 of it. I should really get these books I'm now thinking.

heels1785 , Kynirin and Life like this.
  22. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Fallout: New Vega's

First Fallout game I've played and I'm loving it. Especially when I arrived in Novac that the game really got it's hooks into me.

23. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I got a Switch recently so I've been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Breath of the Wild.

Life likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ok, after having the mother of all dust-ups with the bastard, I'm convinced the Jaws of Hakkon's Level 27 Ice Giant has a wallet with Bad Mother****er on it!

You think it'll be easy, as you've killed giants before, right? Oh no, not this bugger.

He did, eventually, go down.

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Have now decked Hakkon, nowhere near as cheap as the Ice Giant but still a pretty crappy boss battle considering you're fighting a God-Dragon!

Still, having decked a Lv 25 Dragon, I can now take the last pair, Lv 21, in Empris De Lion.