main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, you might like my array of recent posts in it then. ;)

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    You have issues with it? I have no probalm story or visual wise. My complaint was the spectularly DUMB human enemy reaction(they have no intelligence) but my chief issue the lvling system. When I play a RPG I want to get stronger and this game has zero strength increases on lvl ups.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    As I've mentioned previously, I prefer the notion of gaining skills more than just brute strength. I've played many Final Fantasy games, and I'll be the first to say that it gets a little dull when your characters are super OP when compared to the enemies you're supposed to face.

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    While I can see your point, Aloy does get more skilful - for instance the Dodge Prowess skill has had an immediate tactical impact, but will also help strategically.

At the same time, I think the game does counter the idea with the notion that getting hit by a big, metal Sabretooth moggy should always hurt. And that's before factoring in the bigger guys.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well the one thing that the game does feature is that you can craft more room to store the medicine plants; so if you're running low on health it should be more than enough to get you back to 100% immediately.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, believe me I've had that upgrade for quite some time!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm slowly getting the hang of using the Tripcaster weapons. Last night I had a good game where I took on a sawtooth. I laid down a blast line from the Tripcaster and coaxed the machine to come towards me. It did some heavy damage and then I moved in and trapped it with the ropecaster where I could finish it off with my spear at close range.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, excellent strategy - I'll 'ave that! :)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I'm looking forward to the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and Sonic Mania.

10. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    My wife bought Breath of the Wild, she's a big Legend of Zelda fan. I'm not...But I started playing it and man am I hooked into it!

Jedi Ben and Reynar_Tedros like this.
  11. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Borderlands

I'm around level 22 with Roland and so far this has been one of the more addictive games I've played recently.

Reynar_Tedros and Life like this.
  12. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    It is addictive in how simple the gameplay loop and objectives are, and there practically isn't any story to follow. For me, it became the perfect game to zone out with. You can keep a conversation while playing it, because the story - what little there is of it - isn't noteworthy enough to be worth paying attention to anyway.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    They're great podcast games, that's for sure. Amazed we have yet to get a glimpse of a new Borderlands, considering next month will be six years since 2 (and are we still pretending the Pre-Sequel was a thing?).

Life and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Booted up the ol Wiiu, Starting another new game file for Batman Arkham city! Game never gets old. :)

Grievousdude likes this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Metro: Last Light - PS4

16. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    State of Decay. Basically GTA with Zombies. A lot of fun and only $5 on XBox Live until Monday.

17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Forgive me, everyone

*sighs*

Disney Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If ever there was a game to.... er.... let go of......

DanielUK likes this.
  19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It's really addictive.

20. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Bully: Scholarship Edition

Despite only being 2 hours into it, I have already come to adore this game. It just has a certain likable charm to it, the characters, story, music and the location itself all practically ooze this certain charm.

21. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    136 hrs on FF15 and still on ch 8. Ha all I'm doing is going from outpost to outpost and doing hunts. It's addicting as hell. I ALMOST wish there wasn't this many so I could make progress on the story.

I just recently put on FF7-9 to show Jace the airships, magic and summons. FF8 has the best of all 3 imo though FF8 has a special place in my heart as that's the game that got me back into gaming all those yrs ago in 1999. I had sold my Nintendos and Sega in 1996 cause I just had no interest anymore and then one day I was sitting watching tv and the commercial for FF8 came on. I was in awe and jumped off the couch went to Walmart and bought a PS and game and was back playing it in 20 mins and have gotten most major consoles ever since.

Life and Jedi Ben like this.
  22. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I just bought Battlefront on PS4, for two reasons

1) On sale for $10 for PS Plus members
    2) Get myself familiar with the game before I get Battlefront 2

Since I never played FPS games, I need as much practice as possible (I even got schooled big time in multiplayer)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

23. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I can't remember if the game actually tells you in the tutorials but you can switch to third person by pressing down on the d pad. It might help you a bit. I never play Battlefront in first person as I get destroyed playing in it but I find third person much easier.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I thought the game starts as third person; but you can switch to FPS by pressing the down button I believe.

If you'd like to share your PSN username, I can add you to the JCF Community.

25. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Romo2Witten1983

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk