main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Thanks. I'll send you a friend request when I'm on in a hour or so.

Nanaki likes this.
  2. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    I'm currently replaying Shadow of Mordor. The recent Nemesis Forge addition to the game lets you export a couple of uruks to the sequel, so I'm hoping that by replaying the campaign I run organically into a few memorable ones... It just looks like Sauron isn't taking me seriously currently, as he's throwing all the weakest and most useless orcs in all of Mordor at me. They're neither strong enough nor live long enough to become memorable. I wouldn't want to breed them the hard way, since that'll lack all the personal story with them. [face_plain]

heels1785 and Grievousdude like this.
  3. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Playing Space Engine. Great game. Love the SW mods for it.

Approaching Coruscant in an E-Wing:
    [​IMG]

Approaching Super Star Destroyer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Puyo Puyo Tetris in the normal Puyo Puyo or Tetris modes:

Puyo Puyo Tetris in fusion mode:

Reynar_Tedros and Life like this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    xezene - that looks fantastic. I picked up X3 and X3 Albion Prelude, also another great space game with great looking SW mods. Yet to play, but hopefully soon.

xezene likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I've just had the gloriously retro experience of the newly redone Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap (with Wondergirl player character option too)

Haven't yet tried the 8-bit option, but the new graphics / sound are very smart - they've retained all the personality of the original designs and rendered the soundtrack as this quite cool jazz track, which occasionally veers into out-right sleaze.

The shop dialogue is hilarious - I bought Goblin Mail, the description read "cross dress like a Goblin" - but the best quip was in the Church when you select 'Retro Password' - "I've been giving these out for a few decades now".

It's still got the wonky geography, doors that go where they shouldn't, treasure chests here and there - smart level design. It's every bit the game you remember but designed to take advantage of the HD era and more control options.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, which is driving me insane! I finally beat Crash 1, which has now knocked MGSV off the top spot for the hardest game I've ever played. Now I'm on Crash 2 which is so much easier, it's actually relaxing.

8. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Star Wars Knights of the Republic

At last I'm finally playing this one and I can already tell I'm going to be addictive to this game.

Life likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Destiny 2 Beta

10. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Halo Online. Down with console exclusives!

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Splatoon 2.

12. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Rome: Total War

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Diablo III

14. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I've been greatly enjoying Splatoon 2 the past week and a half, but I think I'm done with it. It's beginning to suffer from the same issue as every other online multiplayer game I've played, in that it simply isn't made for people with jobs and significant others. Early on it's fun because most people are just getting started and acquainted with the mechanics, weapons, maps, etc. But as time goes on, while normal folks are busy making a living or spending time with loved ones, the basement dwelling neckbeards are mashing away doing their best to ruin the fun for everyone else in between bathroom breaks and scarfing down Doritos and Mountain Dew. It's pretty unfortunate, but such is the futile nature of competitive multiplayer video games. They're absolutely pointless to "get good" at, and normal people such as myself who play games in their spare time to relax are faced with a brick wall every time they try to have a good time with one. It's a nut I doubt any developer will be able to crack, considering their livelihood comes from these no-lifers who are willing to spend countless amounts of time and money from mommy and daddy's credit cards to further bolster their online status.

So while I think Splatoon 2 has a fantastic concept with super fun gameplay and an outstanding style both visually and audibly, I simply can't be bothered to continue with the toxic community that's already formed around it. Here's hoping Nintendo can rebound with the promising Mario + Rabbids later this month.

Life likes this.
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've been making my way through the Game of Thrones Telltale game, and boy, this has one of the greatest narratives I've ever played. In fact, it's right up there with Uncharted 4 and The Witcher 3. The storyline and characters are just so strong, and it makes you really feel like you're in the world of Game of Thrones. Every decision you make has a consequence on the outcome, which makes it feel even more real. The characters end up developing really well, as you have to make them do what you want in order to achieve certain things, which I find really interesting. It also has a fantastic soundtrack that suits each environment in the storyline. I haven't got much of it to go, but I really don't want it to end.

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  16. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Having just finished the fourth episode of Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space three days ago, I'm off to begin the final episode: What's New, Beelzebub? Our two freelance detectives now find themselves in the afterlife.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The Long Dark

18. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I have just finished playing Assassin's Creed: Unity on PS4, it was a very fun game, I liked the game mechanics.

I have started to play Assassin's Creed, the first one, on PS3. I tried to play this a couple of years ago and could not get into it, so I am hoping that since playing Unity, I will enjoy this a bit more.

19. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Super Mario Bros. 2. It's... not very fun. But I'm gonna keep plugging away, because I'm determined to complete every mainline Mario game.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  20. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I want to be playing Sonic Mania.

21. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I liked Sanic back in the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  22. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Need For Speed: Underground.

Used to play it a ton back when I was but a lil' boi, and I think it still holds up. Some of the Races and Drift tracks are absolutely brutal though.

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  23. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Probably my favorite non kart racing game... ever. Countless hours spent on that one.

Outsourced likes this.
  24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    AH YES. I ALSO ENJOY HITTING TRAFFIC AND GETTING BUMPED TO LAST PLACE.

25. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Worth noting that I haven't played the game in probably a decade, so. Maybe it hasn't aged well.