main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    A couple of Star Wars PC games I missed out on

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Finally, in Skyrim, I own Hjerim.

Ended up being a total bastard to get due to having to do the Civil War questline, which in turn saw the Battle of Windhelm be done about 5 times:
    • First one, Legion soldier gets too close - death kill,they all turn on me. Never mind that I had had many Legion soldiers walk right through me.
    • Second try - throw fireball, catches Rikka, who takes it way too personally.
    • Third try - get to the Palace, roast Ulric, no new Jarl, so I redo the battle cue from the Palace section onwards…
    • Number four - As I shoot Galmar from the side, Rikka walks right into it, turns hostile.
    • Fifth go - Tullius goes hostile this time.
    • Sixth go - Do sweet feck all, let them kill the pair, get them spread out, kill Ulfric - still doesn’t work.
    So, went trawling around online, found a highly counter-intuitive but successful solution. Was able to talk to Freewinter and unlock the ‘buy property’ options. For all they spend time on doing up the graphics on remasters, fixing the actual mechanics of quests would be good too!

3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    If that is the case, I am guessing they probably didn't fix the bugged Marked for Death shout related to Drain Vitality in Dawnguard?

4. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    Took a break from my Star Wars PC Game marathon to replay a classic from my childhood, Sam & Max Hit The Road

Life likes this.
  5. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Have you played any of the newer Sam & Max games from Telltale Games? I'm wondering how they compare to the originals.

6. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Just finished AC II, it was very good, way way way better than AC I, which was one of the worst game mechanics I have ever had to deal with. I am about to start AC Brotherhood, which I am excited about.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Brotherhood is the high point of the series for me.

Moll likes this.
  8. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Yoda Stories for the Game Boy Color.

Very underrated SW game. Very Zelda-ish. It's challenging too, but in a fun way.

#Retrogaming

9. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Been playing some playstation games, none that intrigue me that much. I also play runescape classic on my android phone since it allows it. It is the original old school version of runescape.

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Played all of Save The World. That was ten years ago so I don't remember much in terms of specifics but I do remember enjoying quite a bit. Only played the first couple of episodes of Beyond Time and Space when it came out....never got around to completing it for whatever reason.

11. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. I enjoyed my time with Beyond Time and Space too, but only so much that I feel I have had my fill.

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I never had any doubts about this game, and I was right not to! So far it's fantastic. Chloe is even more fun than she was in Uncharted 2 and 3, and I could honestly see a whole series being based around her. Nadine is also great, and I'm loving the chemsitry between them. The game looks stunning. I'm also loving all of the references to the previous games. This is all just from a couple hours of playing it too. That's how impressed I am.

I've also been making quite a bit of progress on Pokémon Moon. I have an Alakazam now which is neat. He's my favourite original Pokémon.

13. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I gave up on both Splinter Cell and LA Noire for now. I will return to them at some point, but for now I'm having too much fun with Sonic Generations. Some games you just have to give some time before they can hook you in. I think I have had this game on my hard drive for over a year, but now was evidently the right time for me to enjoy it.

14. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Revisiting my youth and I've got both Final Fantasy IX and X on the go at the same time. IX is, obviously, brilliant and one of the best games of all time. I'm re-evaluating my previous opinions on X though. When I first got it on the PS2 I hated it. Didn't like the story, the characters, the battle system or pretty much anything about it. Now, 15 years and two consoles later I find that stance softening. I still think the characters are terrible (bar Auron), but I find the sphere grid a fantastic mechanic and I'm enjoying the story beats much more.

15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

So far, it's basically the same as the first game, as I haven't reached the point in the story where the new army mechanics start opening up.

That said, what I've played so far has been fun, and the new Minas Ithil environment is really cool, a wonderful piece of lore translated almost perfectly.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well yeah, Auron is damn cool throughout.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

cool
    ko͞ol/
    adjective
    1. 1.​
      of or at a fairly low temperature.
      "it'll be a cool afternoon"
      synonyms: chilly, chill, cold, bracing, brisk, crisp, fresh, refreshing, invigorating, nippy
      "a cool breeze"

2. 2.​
      informal
      fashionably attractive or impressive.
      "I always wore sunglasses to look cool"
      synonyms: fashionable, stylish, chic, up-to-the-minute, sophisticated; More
    noun
    1. 1.​
      a fairly low temperature.
      "the cool of the night air"
      synonyms: chill, chilliness, coldness, coolness
      "the cool of the evening"

2. 2.​
      calmness; composure.
      "he recovered his cool and then started laughing at us"
      synonyms: self-control, control, composure, self-possession, self-command, calmness, equilibrium, calm; More
    3. 3. [​IMG]

Life and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Cuphead. It's impossible not to love the style of this game, it practically oozes charm. But underneath the lovingly crafted old-school aesthetic lies a 2D sidescrolling shooter that's... well, bad. The controls are poorly implemented from the outset, but luckily you're able to customize them. Sadly, that doesn't change the poorly designed platforming challenges in the run-and-gun levels or the rage inducing boss battles that are 100% dependent on trial and error memorization exercises. It's a fantastic idea for a video game, but I'm extremely disappointed by how poorly the rookie developers executed on it. I played for about an hour before I realized I'd had enough of it. Maybe I'll show it to my grandparents next time they visit.

Life likes this.
  19. FilmAccountant

FilmAccountant Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2014
    Battlefront and the Awakening of the Rebellion mod for Star Wars: Empire at War. The AoTR modders are incredible. They have a new version coming out soon that builds on the last release they did. It's so much fun hyperspacing-in ISDs or Mon Cal cruisers.

20. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Star Wars Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight

Life likes this.
  21. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The Last of Us: Remastered. Sensational game. Emotionally charged, tense and fun to play.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Just started Injustice 2. It's a really solid fighting game with fun mechanics. Single player storyline is excellent as is the roster of characters. Unfortunately, new characters are being released in packs and cost a pretty penny. I suppose it's just standard nowadays for games to do this, but I feel like it's a scam. It feels like publishers can release most of a game then charge their customers for the rest a few months later.

That said, I'm having a great time with the game and I would highly recommend it to any DC fans.

23. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I have just started Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I played it about 8 years ago, it was very fun. I cannot remember the story though, so it will still be a suprise. So far, it has been enjoyable, it is a very text heavy game, with very basic animation, they are just images of characters. Not like that is a bad thing, it is just the style used.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Injustice 2 didn't have Deathstroke. 0/10.

25. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Guild Wars 2. Not got any of the expansions yet, but created a new character to try and get to grips with the game mechanics and get back into the story again rather than continue with my level 80 character. I'm enjoying it, like I did the first time round. Playing as a different class is nice as well.