main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Steep: Road to the Olympics (beta)

In terms of the Olympic events, due to Ubisoft coding in a sarcastic commentary team, to which the only logical response after a bad run is to stick a snowboard into each of them via where the sun don’t shine, this won’t work for me.

In terms of adding a couple of new mountains, with new graphics, including cherry blossom trees, it will. Explored a little and managed to find this crevasse that leads into a tunnel that is very cool to bomb through at speed.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Lately I've been spending about a half hour or so completing a side quest or main mission on HZD and then playing Injustice 2 for about an hour or so. I'm trying to level up Harley as best I can with whatever gear is made available through the loot boxes and/or Multiverse rewards.

heels1785 likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Harley is very fun to play. I am leveling Atrocitus at the moment, also enjoyable and well-balanced.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Harley is the reason I bought the original game and subsequently the sequel. Initially I was skeptical because it sounded like she had a different voice in I2, but she's still great.

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Lost Sphear (Demo)

You know, I miss the days when a demo was actually supposed to sell me the game, not hack me off so much that I swear never to buy it or anything else from the studio ever again.

Case in point: You go around this game, it starts quite innovative, with a world that has missing pieces - that’s pretty distinct. After that, it’s a standard enough retro-JRPG, with dungeons, on-screen dialogue and a battle system that looks FF-influenced. One innovation here is you can move around the field, with different characters having attacks that take advantage of positioning.

So how does it go wrong? Well, you’re dropped into an unfamiliar world and game and systems and someone thought it would be a good idea to massively spike the difficulty on the boss. So much so that the fights before it are utterly unrepresentative of what you end up taking on, so you go into that battle with hugely false expectations and get your arse handed to you in such an overkill manner it feels like one of those ‘you cannot win this battle’ sections, but just as you think that, you get the ‘game over’ - to which the only response is: **** you.

Have a dungeon section? Yes. Have enemies in it? Yes. Have a boss fight? Yes, but make it one that can actually be won fairly easily. Instead by the time you’ve realised the level of hits, you’re on uphill odds you can’t recover from. And yes, it might be that ye old grinding technique is the only way to do this, but again, some indication of this would have been better.

If I see it going cheap, very cheap, maybe I’ll reconsider but as it is? This game just killed itself with a dumb demo.

6. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016

Child of Light was a ps+ game this year, not that long ago, I think in September. :)

I have been playing a bit of Banished, which is a strategy survival game.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I downloaded the Monster Hunters World Beta and played it for about half an hour or so. It's pretty much what I expected it to be; essentially a hack-and-slash game where you roam around the environment hunting the animals and picking up items along the way. Not really my cup of tea; I was only slightly interested in it when they announced that Aloy from HZD would be an available DLC.

8. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Civ V. I have just started another multiplayer game with a friend who does not have Civ VI, I was surprised how excited I was to play it again, it is such a cool game. Sparked my love for the Civ franchise. We are about 132 turns in. :)

9. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Guardians of the Galaxy the Telltale Series

Not as good as I was expecting after Batman TTTS and Tales from the Borderlands but it's not bad. I got it in the Black Friday sales so I can't complain too much I guess.

10. Bosozoku27

Bosozoku27 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2017
    Kantai Collection (a.k.a. Kancolle)

It's a war strategy game, focused on anthropomorphized warships, mostly old Japanese ships.

Got into KanColle based on recommendation from friends.

11. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Destiny, the first one. A friend and I are playing the whole story together and the dlc's. It is fun, I played it before as a titan, and am now playing as a warlock, which is an awesome character.

12. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    How is that game as a whole?

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The demo is available on PSN. I downloaded it several weeks ago but have yet to play it.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If you want things like a story structure, it doesn't have one.

If you want to be able to play around on huge mountains that you explore at will and it all just keeps on going, it's brilliant. Even better when combined with Media Player enabled custom soundtrack.

Of course, I recall loving SSX3's mountain structure where, if you took the right path, you could go from top to bottom of the mountain's 3 stages in 30mins, but, go too far off-course and you get placed on track. Here, that doesn't happen - it just keeps on going. I really love that aspect.

It's probably best seen as a more relaxing, laidback game unless you decide you want golds on every event, in which case, good luck.

Reynar_Tedros and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  15. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    Knights of the Old Republic. I've only plaid Kotor 2, some years ago and I really liked it. I never had the first one on my old Xbox but now I'm playing through it on my iPad. I'm fairly far in the game, I forget what level. I'm a female Jedi guardian light side character. At some point I'll replay as a dark side character l. Itvrrally is as good as everybody says it is, though i prefer 2.

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I picked up Siege of Dragonspear in the GOG sale, so I took that as an excuse to replay all of Baldur's Gate.

Controversial take time: widely acclaimed classic RPG Baldur's Gate is pretty fun. Also Inquisitor kit is OP plz nerf but only after I beat Throne of Bhaal.

17. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Battlefront II: Resurrection dlc. 1/3 of the way through, seems pretty good so far.

heels1785 likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Taking another break from HZD to play the third and final chapter of Life is Strange: Before The Storm.

Moll likes this.
  19. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016

darkspine10 and I are going to start Before the Storm tomorrow! I can't wait! :)

darkspine10 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I won't get into any spoilers, but I will say a major disappointment is the voice acting for the non-protagonist characters. Many of the adults in the game seem like they're just reading straight off of the script with no emotions/personality. Like they're bored and just want to get it over with.

Reminds me of this scene from a Simpsons episode.

Life likes this.
  21. CommanderFlage

CommanderFlage Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    Been playing Star Wars Empire at War.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It's almost like they shouldn't have hired scabs or something. :p

Outsourced likes this.
  23. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Voice Actors Mafia is gonna have field day.

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The voice actors mafia is just Joe Mantegna with a baseball bat, yet somehow it still gets the job done.

Outsourced likes this.
  25. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Billy West tags along sometimes. For moral support.

26. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I really didn't have an issue with the woman who replaced Ashly Birch as Chloe's voice actress. As I said, it was just the characters that only have minor roles in the game that were kind of drab.