main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    A friend and I have just started to play The Force Unleashed, we finished the first two levels, it is a fun game, but the controls are a little fiddly at the moment, despite that, it has been good fun so far. :)

heels1785 likes this.
  2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Back at it with Stellaris. I've never had a game that I've put so much time in to (close to 400 hour) and enjoyed so much only to still be absolutely terrible at it.

Life likes this.
  3. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Bought a PS4 for a long winter with Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Before going into the no doubt lengthy Witcher playthrough decided to go through the Uncharted trilogy first starting with Uncharted: Drakes Fortune.

Moll, darkspine10 and Life like this.
  4. ReyKenobi

ReyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Dec 29, 2015
    I've been getting into Star Wars the Old Republic again! I started playing it in 2012-2013 I think, but then didn't for a little while after that. I just reinstalled it again though and have been having so much fun. Managed to finish two characters storylines already.

I've also recently been into Overwatch and Fire Emblem Echoes (also put that one down for a little while, but decided I need to finish it).

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    No joke, I actually bought my PS4 in 2015 and it came with the Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection along with another game I don't remember. I wound up trading them both in for BF 2015.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    PS4 has heaps of great deals on at the moment. Journey and Life is Strange are $6.45 NZD and Firewatch is $10 NZD. I’ve heard really good things about them all, so may as well give them a try.

I’ll be starting season two of the Telltale Batman series soon as well.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Life and darkspine10 like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I actually saw that the first episode of that Telltale Batman series is among the January PS Plus freebies. I've considered downloading it; although I have to admit there are a handful of those PS Plus freebies that I've downloaded in the past year that I've barely touched the surface with.

8. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I had more than I could count, and the backlog eventually became more of an annoying reminder that I'm not using the value of my subscription. Eventually, when the freebies began to become less interesting for the PS3, as more of the user base migrated to PS4, I cancelled my subscription. However, some of the best experiences I had last generation were freebies. inFamous 2, Stealth Inc., Spec Ops: The Line, Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead Redemption, Little Big Planet 2 to name a few. Not to be forgotten were the exclusive discounts for subscribers that stacked on top of already discounted games. I was spoiled during the maiden years of PS+. I haven't stayed in the know, but I'm fairly certain that the value hasn't held up to what it was those first years.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I actually have Infamous 2 in my library from a previous PS Plus freebie; but have yet to even download it. Ironically enough I got the original game for free years ago on the PS3 a few months after the infamous hacker attack. I haven't played either game; the only Infamous game I've played all the way through is the "First Light" spinoff which featured a female character from the sequel game.

10. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    The Infamous games were received as a technical leap at the time when they first released, if I remember correctly. They also, IMO, have hugely satisfying gameplay due to the suite of powers your character gains through the narrative being great wish fulfillment. You take no fall damage, you can inflict devastating damage to your surroundings and you have increased mobility and speed to make traversal of the city a fun spectacle by itself. All of this makes navigation and the general gameplay loop very addictive, much like Spider-Man 2 in the previous generation. In addition, you gain new powers over time and of course your existing powers grow in strength, which adds to the feeling of player empowerment common to RPGs and, more fittingly, Metroidvanias. On top of this, it presented an intriguing narrative told in a stylised way true to the tropes of its genre, cleverly designed from the beginning to be told over two games.

Having said all this, I think the leap it made forward in delivering superhero wish fulfillment is hard to appreciate today, outside of the moment in time when they first released. I think at this point it is better to just wait for the upcoming Spider-Man game to hopefully deliver the next leap forward in the genre.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well as I said I got a taste of it while playing through the "First Light" spinoff. It was pretty cool coasting through the streets of Seattle.

12. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Just finished a few attempts at Darker Side in Super Mario Odyssey and I am so ******* tempted to post in the Game of the Year thread and make that my most disappointing game of the year, because **** that ****. But. I'm going to try to resist that urge.

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Agents of Mayhem
    Well, even bought for £10, this ain’t great but it is a physical copy I can re-sell when I get bored. It isn’t that bad either bar a couple of irritating quirks:
    • Like you hack a point and have to defend it, so you scope out a good position, start heading there and cut scene, which wrecks your plan.
    • Or you’ve killed everything, the game warps you away before you have a chance to grab all the stuff.
    It’s not that great at explaining its systems either, though when I’ve used the Mayhem abilities they’ve been pretty but aimless. Maybe they’ll make more sense in time.

Driving is OK, nothing stunning and there’ll be times when the game says you clipped a car when you’re certain you didn’t.

The combat is OK, it’s more-or-less Saints Row style and the amount of explosions and chaos is quite impressive. get your agents powered up and you could easily have a very fun wrecking crew time.

Is it so good it can drag me away from Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age? Absolutely not. What it’s likely to be is a drop in and out game, do a bit here, a bit there then play something else.

14. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    Passively working through Mario Odyssey again. Beat LTTP today for my yearly play through. Started Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS today so I can play 2 on Switch.

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Fortnite Battle Royale.

Playing solo. Grabbed a gun, hiding in a corner and killing peeps. Yeah, I'm being that guy.

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I’ve played solo once. I was near the border of the storm being really careful, then suddenly some idiot jumps out of a bush right next to me and kills me. I like squads the best, except when I play during the day I always get put in a squad with little kids.

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I started Life is Strange and finished the first chapter. It’s interesting and relaxing to just chill out and play. I look forward to seeing where it goes next.

darkspine10 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    There's actually a prequel of LIS now called "Before the Storm". It's probably still a good idea to see how you feel about the original game before playing the prequel; because there are some things that didn't quite match up to continuity.

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    If I like LIS I’ll definitely give the prequel a go.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I only got into the original game about a year and a half ago when the first episode was free on PSN. I just got hooked on it so much that even after purchasing the digital copies of the game on PSN I wound up buying the Collector's Edition that included the CD Soundtrack; not to mention I have Chloe Price as my current avatar on PSN lol.

darkspine10 likes this.
  21. Blargxcntrl

Blargxcntrl Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2016
    I bought some WoW game time with a gift card I got from Christmas, so I've been leveling a Pandaren Hunter. I've also been on and off with AC Origins.

22. Asajj Ventress

Asajj Ventress Jedi Padawan

Jan 3, 2018
    I'm playing SWTOR again -- trying to get all my class missions done! I have completed Imperial Agent, Jedi Consular, and Bounty Hunter, and I'm currently working on Sith Inquisitor and Smuggler. It's such a good game, but I'm a fan of BioWare to begin with.

Also Overwatch on and off.

23. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    My wife bought me an XBox One for Christmas. I've been playing Skyrim and Fallout 4, mostly Fallout 4 at the moment.

24. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    Arena of Valor (aka Strike of Kings, aka Kings of Glory) just opened up a NA server and I've been playing that MOBA. Anyone else playing this?

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Episode 3 of Life is Strange done. This has gotten very intense and very weird. I like it. It’s only after each episode finishes that I realise how many opportunities I missed to do other smaller stuff. I need to look around even more in the last two chapters.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.