main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    So what was your reaction at the end of that episode?

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I knew something bad was still going to happen. Because as we’ve seen in film and TV, it’s hard to change the past without having a nagative outcome. But it still surprised me. I’m excited to see what else has been changed.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm not ashamed to say this guy shared my reaction to the ending of ep. 3.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I started Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 today. I love Lego games. They’re always fun to chill out with. I’m playing through it with my sister.

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Still leisurely cleaning up all the optional stuff in Assassin's Creed: Origins. Sitting at around 43 hours of total playtime now. Just finished synchronizing all the viewpoints and completing all the stone circles for the Bayek's Promise sidequest. Thought I was gonna get a cool outfit at the end of it, but turns out I need to find 50 of those yellow crystal things you see in tombs and trade them in for it. So that should keep me busy. I still stop and gaze at the environments in this game. The graphics are phenomenal.

darkspine10 likes this.
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Screwing around with Star Ocean: First Departure, generally impressed with how much chaff they've cut out of the opening, but it's left the pacing... disjointed, like the entire flow from start to jumping back in time feels like a plot details supercut of the original. It's also got me a little nervous about the FFVII remake. Yeah if FF is the A-tier franchise then SO is something like the D- or E-tier, but the presentation of really solid visuals and some revamped combat on top of what is ultimately a Super Famicom game is noticeably jarring, in a way it wasn't with, say, Lost Odyssey, which I've jokingly called the best SNES RPG ever but (critically) was made for 360 from the ground up. They could really blow the feel if they aren't careful about how and what they update; they've arguably done it here.

Fortunately, this could also simply be attributable to the fact that nobody really gives a **** about SO*, so they didn't bother doing the work.

*You might think you do, or did once, but you're wrong. Seriously if you're about to namedrop Second Story go back and play it now, I dare you.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  7. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I got Assassin's Creed Origins for Christmas but have been binge-playing Syndicate to finish it first, since I've had it for about two years.

Just finished Syndicate and... I suppose it was a bit anticlimactic. But overall, I did enjoy the game (minus the annoying carriage missions). Evie was the standout character imo.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Agents of Mayhem

Well, it’s still got that crappy poison gas mechanism - which will be a case of ‘screw that’, which every open game has at least one example of - crappy scanner and is a one-trick dog of a game buuuut.… It’s a good trick and, if nothing else, just bumming around Seoul, shooting up Legion’s stuff is kind of fun when you’re not after a heavy, intricate game.

One thing that does skew it is control systems vary from light touch on to heavy, hold this button down without warning so it can be hard to work out how it all works.

Oh and I unlocked Johnny Gat, who is damn cool. So secure in his own sense of identity he walks around in a short-sleeved neon pink shirt, has a massive shotgun plus a duel wielding pistols John Woo pisstake special move.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am currently play Mass Effect Andromeda

10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I've gone to back to play all the Assassin's Creeds. It's weird how old AC1 is now, over 10 years on.

In many ways, Origins was a spiritual do-over of the original, taking the empty Kingdom style environment and adding in stuff to do. Though it is a shame how little Origins focuses on it's actual Assassinations and stealth, compared to the original, where staying out of combat is essential.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    And impossible. You can't walk ten feet without being chased by guards in that game, and they're nearly impossible to escape. It's one of the worst video games I've ever played.

Moll likes this.
  12. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I have to agree, the game mechanics were abysmal, and it was almost impossible to be stealthy...I could not wait for the game to be over.

13. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Playing the Jack the Ripper dlc for Assassin's Creed syndicate. I'm only an hour into it or so but it's really interesting so far. Evie 20 years older hasn't aged as gracefully as Jacob, but her new fear attacks are brutal.

She plays just differently enough from her younger self to make it a pretty layered add on imo.

Moll likes this.
  14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Division.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    There's a guy on a gaming podcast I listen to that has put over a hundred hours into The Division. And it just got some new DLC, did it not?

16. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
  17. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I finally bought a PS4, and among my first purchases was the remastered version of Parappa the Rapper for £5. I had tried this game for a few minutes in a shop as a child and never played it again, but in recent years I've enjoyed watching other people playing it on YouTube and been intrigued with it. I played for an hour today and got stuck on the fourth stage; the one with the chicken. For some reason, I am having tremendous difficulty passing this particular stage.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just started Horizon: Zero Dawn. Blown away.

19. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I am about to start Bioshock, I have never played the game before, and I look forward to seeing what it has to offer, I hear it is a very good series :)

20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I wish I could say the last part of that sentence is true but I'd be lying. BioShock 1 is very good. Its sequels? Not so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

21. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I just picked up Street Fighter 5 again after a hiatus. Loving the new Arcade Mode. Although I must say, if you have the game, put LocalSpy on your blacklist immediately. I caught that jerk lagswitching on me in Round 3 of a Ranked Match.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've only recently heard that term, "lagswitching". Does that mean someone can deliberately cause an online match to lag? That really stinks. You'd think there should be a way to report it; I know fighting games like SF have no problem punishing those that rage quit.

I like the new update to SF5. I've been very stingy with my fight money, but will get Sakura after this free trial is over (I know you can't earn any achievements with the freebie). Cammy's my main, though.

23. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I just looked up lagswitching on YouTube. This literally involves stripping one of the wires on an Ethernet cable and wiring it directly to a light switch. As soon as I watched the video on how lagswitches are made, my first thought was "don't forget to place a fork into the circuit with your own bare hands! If you get electrocuted in the process of making a lag switch, then you deserve it for being a cheating piece of Bovine Excrement!"

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ahsoka's Tano and Life like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    a lot of Battlefront 2 new and OG

Grievousdude likes this.
  25. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2017
    I played a round of Starfighter on BF2 today, the first I'd played it in a few weeks as I've been a bit busy. It was fun but my teammates seemed to give up on the objective in the final round when we went in looking like a sure thing. I bought a gamepad for my PC (I don't really PC game these days but I have a bunch of NES/Atari ROMS) and tested it out with a little Double Dragon today.