main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    Currently playing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 for the PC. Currently just finished up everything on Dantooine and then decided to go to whatever planet to find the 2nd Star Forge map thingy.

This time I'm going to spend more time talkin to Canderous and Mission to learn about their backstories.

that dark side tainted chick Jedi that looks like a cat i never bother using her that much same thing with the old man black guy jedi. They just dont have much of a backstory or whatever. The old black guy Jedi does remind me of Obi Wan except that the old black guy Jedi has a wishy washy sad romantic past that's kind of boring or whatever

2. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    His wife was a Krath-loving, Exar Kun-worshipping bitch who totally had it coming.

3. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    *pours out some liquor for jolee bindo*

4. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Going through Red Dead Redemption atm & I didn't realize just how good the controls really are with the addition of the Casual setting making gameplay SO MUCH better than in GTA 4 almost to the point of San Andreas (I wonder if Rockstar would be able to outdo themselves with V, though).

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I love casual targeting in that game. It's the only way to go when you're simultaneously riding a horse, chasing a train, and dodging bullets from crazy bandits chasing you.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    MMMOOODDDEEERRRNNN WWWAAARRRFFFAAARRREEE TTTHHHRRREEEEEE!!!

And another ME2 playthrough, pretty much exactly the same as my last 5 or so runs (same gender, same face, same armor, same Soldier class, same morality choices, same class powers, and same Revenant BIG AMMO tactics) but with bleached blonde hair. Unfortunately now I've become too accustomed to Blonde Shepard and going back to what it was up until now looks weird and not as attractive. Is blonde just naturally more attractive to me? I was completely happy and loved the look of my Shepard for all the other playthroughs, but now...she's not as appealing any more.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Though I actually started playing it about 1.5 months ago and more or less stopped after a few sessions, I recently played Prism: Light the Way for the DS.

Was mainly playing it because I was researching different light & mirror puzzle games (or games that utilize L&M puzzles, besides Zelda) as inspiration for a game design I was doing for class that utilized L&M puzzles. There aren't too many out there of notable quality, and Prism falls somewhere in the middle on average, I think.

It's not that the puzzles aren't good- they can be challenging and the multi-color light makes for a good challenge (without being too ridiculously complex like the single beam color shifting of Lumen (an iOS game)), but the overall theme is just offputting- they out this stupidly cutesy story to it with Globos and Bulboids but don't do anything with it to try to rise it above those trappings. You feel like it's an adult/teen challenge wrapped in a TV show for 2 year olds.

So, once you get past the theme and the multiple training levels (they go for about 2 dozen levels), it's not so bad, but the theme comes across so slapdash it drags the overall quality of the title a lot.

8. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Still going strong on Skyrim ever since release date. So good!

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Juggling Forza 4, MW3, BF3, and Fallout 3.

10. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Currenty playing L.A Noire. On the Homicide desk right now

also getting through my 4th Mass effect playthrough in preparation for ME: 3 :p

Next on my list is probably going to be Prototype and Assassins Creed: Revelations

11. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Currently going through another wave of World of Tanks enthusiasm, grinding my way up through the American heavy line, although I do enjoy the medium Shermans and Pershing. But I expect no one cares. :D

12. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    For some strange reason I've felt the strongest urge to play Dark Void. I'm liking it so far.

13. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Dark Souls, RDR Online, RDR:UN.

14. JediMasterKendo

Jun 2, 2000
    Recently been playing Syphon Filter Dark Mirror for the PSP which I bought that UMD two pack of Syphon Filter Dark Mirror with SOCOM Fire Team Bravo 1.

Then last night and all day today I've been replaying my PSP Ghostbusters the Videogame game and relaying as the male rookie and starting over collecting the scans and art page pics

15. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    So, yeah, Dark Void...it's pretty glitchy. And not in the amusing Skyrim backwards-flying dragon kinda way. I mean these are "I have to restart the level" kinds of glitches. At the point were I am in the game right now, I know where I have to go but the door that these enemies should be pouring through is still locked tight. It's kind of a short level so I don't particularly mind restarting but it's kind of a hassle. There was another level where I had to kill all the enemies before I could proceed but the very last enemy somehow managed to fall through the world and get itself stuck underneath the floor. :rolleyes:

I even got a glitch were I lost all the sound effects for the game. The music and voices played just fine but my rocket pack and gun were silent as were all of the enemies. Fortunately, that went away as soon as I finished the chapter. Still, I like the pulpy sci-fi story and the soundtrack is probably the best I've heard in years.

16. JediMasterKendo

Jun 2, 2000
    Tonight I am going to be playing online multiplayer for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron with my PSP.

17. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Splinter Cell: Conviction and Vanquish

18. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Super Mario 3D Land. Yeah, it's awesome :)

19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm jealous. I played it at Target the other day and wanted to rip the 3DS off its holder and take it home with me. :p

20. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Put the other two games on hold and started instead on Skyward Sword tonight. Just finished the introductory chapter and am ready to dive down to Hyrule tomorrow.

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    A lot of Forza 4. I managed to race with a dev the other day and gifted one of the really rare cars, so I've been driving it a lot because it's so good.

22. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Wow, that must have been a cool moment for you, to race one of the devs. And winning to boot. That's the ultimate victory! :D

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It was great but I didn't win. Anyone who got to race was given a 'unicorn' car, and the winner got to pick which one we got.

24. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I finished GTA: Vice City and now I'm playing KoToR2. I'm doing it on the old XBOX. :-B

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Gotham City Imposters! I am loving this game. So much crazy, so much fun!