main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    My kid brother bought Enslaved the other day, so I'm having fun with that. It's a bit of a hidden gem. It's a platformer-brawler, so it's like a Prince of Persia-game, but with a staff instead of a sword, and the setting is futuristic. It's post-apocalyptic, but not grim, and the ruins you traverse are all covered with vegetation, so it's not bleak and grey. Fluid character animations and great voice-acting.

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Got my plat on Arkham City, so I'm going to use what I learned there in Arkham Asylum...just have 3 combat challenges left to master and then I may give Batman a break for a bit.

3. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    I've been playing games on my Nintendo Gamecube.

Mostly James Bond Everything or Nothing, Goldeneye Rogue Agent, Timesplitters Future Perfect and Metroid Prime 2.

Metroid Prime I got for this CHristmas and the game is pretty decent with the twist of a dark side planet.

I just got up to the Amorbis worm boss. Yowza

4. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Everything or Nothing is an underrated Bond-game, I find. It's a lot of fun and has a lot of iconic moments to give you that classic Bond-feel. On the other hand, GoldenEye on N64, which is a great game, an excellent shooter for its time and a whole lot of fun still; while a fantastic game overall, is not really very Bond-ish. Sure, you have the occasional mini-camera, watch-laser and the damsel in distress, but other than that it looks and plays like any other shooter. The EA Bond games, while not having left the lasting cult-status impression as GoldenEye, I find to be better at being Bond, if you will. GoldenEye might be a better shooter, but if a 007 game plays just like any other generic shooter, what is there to make it a 007 game? I mean, what's the point of even calling it a James Bond-game, if so? I have a lot of fun with GoldenEye, still to this day, and it is a very polished game, but EON is my favorite 007 game.

Anyway, my brother hogged the Xbox, so I had to put Enslaved on hold. Now I'm back on Skyward Sword. Last night, I did half of the forest temple.

5. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

I guess I'm about halfway through the game and I can totally see why Spider-Man's (that's all four of them) enemies want to kick the living crap out of him. I seriously had to mute the game during the last Sandman battle. Between his quips, Madam Web's "help," and Sandman himself I wanted to put my foot through the TV.

Also, that boss battle was one of the worst I've played in a while. There's just too much junk floating around and I kept getting caught on it when I'd be trying to lay the smackdown on Sandman.

6. Oddly_Salacious

Oddly_Salacious Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    City of Heroes.

7. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Halo: Reach multiplayer

I have an Halo itch atm.

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    New Vegas and Fable.

9. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    MLB 12: The Show and Mass Effect 3. Slight edge to MLB time-wise, Road to the Show is way too much fun.

10. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    dark forces on my ps3.

12. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    For the first time ever I can run new games on the highest ultra level settings! So naturally Skyrim and soon, once the download finishes SW:TOR. Plus League of Legends and Guild Wars occasionally plus a couple other old stand bys.

So any suggestions now that I have an uber computer?

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
  14. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Going to start playing Mass Effect 1 for the first time when I get home.

15. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Great game. Series only goes downhill from there.

16. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I don't want to overload myself and try to play 10 games at once but I probably will. I have quite a few in my library to try, Crysis 1/2 being of them. Gonna give SW:TOR a shot and continue Skyrim.

17. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i'm a retro gamer so i prefer the n64. the last games i played with a friend were, 1080 snowboarding, nfl blitz 2000, wayne gretzkys 3d hockey.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Mass Effect 1.

I decided to hop on the bandwagon and go into the series. It's OK so far, good characters & a decent villain, but it does get quite repetitive in missions.

19. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Gears if War 2. I play games with a big-ish gaming site and they do a Gears 3 night, so I thought I'd better finish Gears 2 before I start playing Gears 3. I'm stuck though. :(

20. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Ratchet & Clank, in the new HD collection on the PS3. Not sure if it's the nostalgia talking, but it's aged surprisingly well and is still an absolute blast.

21. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Alternating between Chime, Outland and inFamous 2, but once my subscription to PS+ ends in a few days, I'll lose access to them. Then I'll probably move on to the first inFamous, as I played the second one first.

22. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Installed a Super Nintendo emulator on my ultrabook last week - currently alternating between playing Donkey Kong Country 2 and Mega Man X. Fun times. :)

23. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm doing a third run on Mass Effect 1 in attempt to get way more achievements than my previous two runs. Really annoyed at any and all Mako missions. [face_phbbbbt]

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Started playing some of the Community Test Chambers for Portal 2. Good stuff.

25. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    You know I still need to start Mass Effect 1.... I got distracted by Sims Medieval and TOR...