main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Still trying to finish up The Last Story. I'm on the Jirall fight and his dialogue is so obnoxious I had to turn the voices for the game all the way off. It's that terrible.

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Hopelessly addicted to Diablo III now. I'm gonna have trouble getting back to Borderlands 2 for a while.

3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am quite pleased with myself, because I have finally beat Halo 3 on Legendary!

Life likes this.
  4. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Is it not possible to switch to the original Japanese dialogue with English subtitles? Many JRPGs have that option. My younger brother always does this when it's available. Usually the original dialogue sounds better.

Zebra3 likes this.
  5. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    If there is a setting for that then I haven't found it. For the most part the English voices were pretty good. Jirall's dialogue in that one fight was the only one I really had a problem with.

I've finished the game now. It was a pretty good JRPG even if I found the combat to be frequently frustrating. Often times I'll just be trying to maneuver around the battlefield to attack a particular enemy (usually a magic user), or revive an ally, and I'll wind up swinging my sword at whatever's in front of me. Having the movement and attack mapped to the same thing on the controller (I was using the classic controller) was a mistake.

One thing I did find interesting was the they guy who did the voice for Dagran was separated from the rest of the cast in the credits. He's at the very end of the list separated by a few spaces. That seems very odd to me.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Skyrim, grinding hard to get my 2nd Dragonborn to level 70 and slay me that Legendary Dragon.

8. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I tried some Little Big Planet 2 last night, but I very rarely play it. I'm currently grinding my karma level back to the good side on my evil save file in Infamous 2. I'm hoping the three final chapters that are locked out of the evil ending have the two final side missions that I lack to get the two final trophies and my first platinum trophy. Also, how come I didn't get the trophy for finishing the game on hard difficulty even though I did just that with the evil ending? That's strange. I'm hoping that getting the good ending unlocks it, otherwise, there's been a malfunction, and my efforts are pretty much in vain. [face_plain] I have to say, Infamous 2 is the first game in a very long time that I've gone to these lengths to absolutely finish everything in. Which must be because of how fun it is. If any PS3 owners haven't played it yet, I absolutely recommend trying it.

Zebra3 likes this.
  9. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Oh man, Infamous 2 has been on my "to do" shelf for freaking ever. I always mean to get started on it but something else always gets in the way. I think after I finish RE6 and ACIII, that will be the next game I tackle.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Why not wait till after RE6? AC3 doesn't come out till like November

11. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I have now beat both Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST on Legendary!

Life likes this.
  12. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Well, I just downloaded Scott Pilgrim vs the World (the game) on PSN.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm replaying Dragon Age Origins as the Dwarf Noble class

14. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I'm playing Empire: Total War using Darthmod, and Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai. God the S2 AI is relentless. Meanwhile, in Darthmod Empire (I'm the British), the Prussians declared war on the Thirteen Colonies(!?!?!?!?!?!?!?), requiring me to initiate a "police action" against the rogue Teutonic state.

To be honest, the main reason I downloaded Darthmod is that it adds the song "Promentory" from Last of the Mohicans into the battle music, among other things.

15. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    My current playlist includes the ever-present SW:TOR, ably assisted by S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl, RAGE, and Portal.

SW:TOR - Levelling a Trooper tank at the moment
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Trying to kill the army guys near the beginning...
    RAGE - Just left Wellspring, escaping the Authority
    Portal - Trying to escape

16. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I just got Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary yesterday, and I am loving it. I am on the Assault on the Control Room on Normal and I have also played some Firefight.

17. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Currently playing WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for my PSP along with Ace Combat X Skies of Deception

18. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I'm planning to start a replay of AC: Revelations soon in preparation for III. I'm also planning to see if I can beat the S2 AI on hard, because I tried this weekend and it mopped the floor with me.

19. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Found the last side mission and thereby finished Infamous 2 completely. However, I had forgotten that I changed to the hard difficulty mid-game, so it won't grant me my final trophy. I will have to do another play-through some time in the future.

I've now moved back to finishing Dark Void and occasionally some sessions of Little Big Planet 2 and Sound Shapes.

20. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Good Luck with Dark Void. I encountered quite a few bugs with that one. I wound up having to restart checkpoints more than a few times.

21. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The Dwarf Noble is my favorite origin! Aeducan ftw!

I'm currently bouncing between a replay of Dragon Age: Origins (Human noble), World of Warcraft (just when I thought I'd kicked the habit! That game ALWAYS sucks me back in), and Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. I'm really just killing time until Halo 4 comes out. Then it's Flood killin' time!

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    This is the first time i've played as the Dwarf, apart from only playing the origin story for the dwarfs

23. Corr

Corr Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    I'm playing Star wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 for original Xbox. I loved the first game, and i'm really enjoying this one so far. I know that it was rushed, and can be glitchy, but I'm still enjoying it. I don't think it will beat the original (which is one of my favorite games ever), but I think it will end up being a very fun game.

I'm also playing some Galactic Conquest in SW: Battlefront 2 for PS2, and I'll be getting Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition for PS3 in a few days, which should be fun (I had the original version when it first came out and it was amazing, having the game with all DLC and the ability to play as catwoman should be great).

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Just DA: Origins again, will be starting DA: Awakening soon

25. Yo_Raja

Yo_Raja Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2006
    Dungeon Keeper 2 :p