VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    Got my copy of Mega Man Legends in the mail yesterday. Been playing that pretty much non stop since then. It's a great game. Trying to get the final piece of the museum quest so I can get that Shining Laser.
  2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Not playing, but League of Legends world championship is currently live!
  3. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Bad Piggies, mostly.
  4. RealBlackWidow Jedi Youngling

I'm on my 3rd round of Skyrim. Decided to do the level up cheat and it's been a lot of fun this time around!
  5. Jedi Ghurubai Jedi Youngling

None.
    Last edited by Jedi Ghurubai, Oct 22, 2012
  6. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    RAGE. I started playing it only expecting to play it for half an hour or so and then not touching it again, but I think I'm addicted to it.
  7. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  8. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    Trying to muddle my way through Planescape: Torment. My favorite thing so far is that I somehow pissed off everyone in The Alley of Dangerous Angles so I wound up having to kill everybody there just so I could cross the map. Found out later that I missed some quests there that would have given me a lot of xp :(
    Last edited by Zebra3, Oct 24, 2012
  9. Life Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Tried Crysis last night. It was fun.
    DarthBoba likes this.
  10. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Forza Horizon and MoH:Warfighter. Both great games.

Yeah, it is. Crysis 2 is also good. Can't wait for Crysis 3.
  11. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran mode
  12. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Medal Of Honor (the first modern one). Love this game. So much less 80s action movie nonsense. Also beat Republic Commando.
  13. Life Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Began Borderlands today with a friend. We made it to the mission where you get the dune buggies. We are now both at level 8.
    DarthBoba likes this.
  14. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just beat ME3 for the third time and now I'm moving onto Dragon Age: Origins to finally complete my second playthrough.
  15. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    The past few weeks have had me going back and forth between Borderlands 2 and X-Com.
  16. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Been playing Retro Game Challenge on my DS during the power outage. Really love the game overall- the framing content with the gaming magazines and such. It basically has 8 "new" NES games, set within the context of being sent back in time by the host of Retro Game Challenge show (Kotaku hosted some translated/dubbed episodes a couple years back, was a pretty fun show) to play through these challenges as a kid.You get gaming magazines for tips and cheat codes, etc to look through.

Oddly enough, they even make a joking reference to The Wizard and the Power Glove- but do so several years before the movie came out (the game gives a release date for each "game" you get).

Game breakdowns:

-Cosmic Gate: A Galaga clone, pretty decent overall.
    -Robot Ninja Haggle Man: A strange platformer that uses doors as weapons. It doesn't appeal immediately bit it's easy to warm up to.
    -Rally King: A top-down racer with an interesting drift-boost mechanic, but you spin out with any contact with an opponent, which can be REALLY freaking frustrating.
    -Star Prince: A pretty awesome shmup (supposedly inspired by Star Soldier) with some neat powerups. I think I liked this one the most of all of them.
    -Robot Ninja Haggle Man 2: Same as the first game, just larger levels, greater challenge.
    -Rally King SP: Same as the first game, just different levels, greater challenge.
    -Guadia Quest: A Dragon Warrior style RPG. I hated Dragon Warrior. I can appreciate some of the mechanics more nowadays but there's too much information not present in the game to make for a satisfying interface. Plus, if there's an easier way to replenish MP than letting everyone in your party die a, I haven't found it. Items exist to replenish it, in theory, but I haven't seen them.
    -Robot Ninja Haggle Man 3: Haven't unlocked this one yet, but supposedly it is a full revamp/upgrade as a platformer so looking forward to it.

It's a shame the sequel isn't going to be ported to the US (this one apparently had strong initial sales, but overall sales fell short of expectations).
  17. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I just bought and beat Halo: Reach on Normal.
  18. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    F1 2011. FInally hooked a Red Bull drive and won a drivers/constructors. Ready for F12012 now.
  19. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Halo 4. Simply excellent so far.
    Order66Survivor likes this.
  20. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Assassin's Creed 2 and finally got all Subjects 16's gylpths
  21. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Angry birds Star Wars. So far, same old...
  22. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  23. Champion of the Force Force Ghost

star 4
  24. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    I can officially cross Assassn's Creed III (awesome!) and Mega Man Legends 2 (I WANT MML3 NOW!!!) off of my backlog.

I may now go back to Planescape:Torment or start up Infamous 2. Seriously, I've been sitting on that game for a year and a half now. I think it's high time I got to it. Or I may try to plod my way through Psychonauts some more. It's one of those "must play" games but I don't really enjoy it.
  25. The Corellian Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mainly just been playing Jedi Academy online, and occasionally playing KOTOR 1