main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Only ever played the Sands of Time trilogy. Worth picking that game up?

2. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    i am not in the majority here, but i like it more than the Sands of Time games, maybe because it was the first PoP game i played somehow.

it is definitely worth playing and got really good ratings. i love the story and gameplay of it. i think i bought it on ebay a couple weeks ago for $7.

just know going in that it is not going to be the same game as SoT. i think alot of people expected that and that was a reason it did not get as much love as maybe it should have. i can also get little repetitive, but it one of my favorites.

07jonesj likes this.
  3. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    At this point, yes, as it is super cheap. The main thing that people complain about is that the game has become too simplified. If that doesn't bother you, then it's a fun story to follow and the game looks beautiful.

What you will most often hear people complain about is that you can't die in it. This is true, but consider this: In any game (certainly any recent Prince of Persia game) you will die, get a 'game over' screen and then try over from the last checkpoint, which is usually not far back. So this game just skips that and puts you right back to where you were before you leaped to your death, streamlining the process without the fuss in the middle. I don't mind. Especially as this is a new story with a new prince where you have no time-reversal abilities. This "inability to die" (in reality infinite retrys) is a compromise solution in compensation for the loss of that power.

To elaborate: the platforming has become simplified with jumping and wall-running being performed with the same button. But the movement and fighting looks more fluid and rhythmic in this game than ever. In fact, all the battles in the game require you to fight in a steady rhythm, in place of button mashing. If you mess up the rhythm, you won't advance. That being said, there are quick-time events where you must mash a particular button as well. But on the whole, this game's fighting style is more reminiscent of Sands of Time than its sequels with the reworked fighting system, the difference being that in this game the moves are more spectacular and over the top, and you only fight one opponent at a time. The game only has boss battles.

07jonesj likes this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

5. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I'm starting up a new dragon age origins!

LOVE that game

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Far Cry 3

Lego Lord of the Rings

7. AronAgmar

AronAgmar Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    I balancing it between Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (which I've replayed many times) and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga which I FINALLY just bought (first Star Wars LEGO game.) Absolutely love both and LEGO Star Wars has convinced to buy the Clone Wars after I'm done with the Complete Trilogy. Very very fun games.

8. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Currently playing these games for my PSP and Nintendo DS "3DS"

Star Ocean First Departure
    Tales of the Abyss - just the other day I managed to beat that little girl who has animal helpers. Used up my healing items to get through. Dang it lol.
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for my Nintendo DS. Trying kill a few more Royal Ludroths here and there and a couple of Lagombs to make some of the long swords. That and trying to prepare for the village urgent quest where I'm supposed to repel a Lagiacrus

9. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    How many times have you beat it?

10. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Oh geez, maybe a little more than 10 times?

11. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Wow, that game together with it'd DLCs took me about 60 hours. But yeah, a really great game.

12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Went back to Dishonored to play through the Knife of Dunwall DLC.... which inspired another playthrough of the main campaign once I was done.

Still really wish there was a NG+ feature, though.

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Added Star Trek to the mix. Still mostly playing Defiance though, with lots of RAGE thrown in, as well as Forza Horizon and a few others.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Tomb Raider

It's very good, though set-up surprisingly like the Batman Arkham games.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  16. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

It is everything I thought it'd be and so much more! I never thought I'd laugh so hard at a video game. Even the tutorial is comedy gold. [face_laugh] :cool: [face_laugh]

17. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I just bought a brand new psp after 7 years with the first model. I gasped outloud when I picked it up, I was psychologically expecting it to be much heavier. Its so light and thin compared to the PSP 1000. It looks similar but the weight difference is really noticeable.

Playing Birth by Sleep on my PSP, Assassin's Creed III multiplayer and DLC on my ps3, while alternating between the elder scrolls OBLIVION and Black Ops 2 on my 360

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Currently back in world conquering mood - playing Rome Total War with the fantastic Europa Barbarorum mod.

The Total War games are probably the ones that I've come back to most often. They just never get old, every time even the tiniest thing done differently could have unexpected results.

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Lego The Lord of the Rings

20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Thanks Steam! :)

21. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Fire Emblem: Awakening (after having to wait an extra month for it to come out down here in Oz [face_plain] ). Turns out it was well worth the wait, though. Easily the best out of the recent entries in the series.

22. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Beat Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
    The final mission was very hard.

Started Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. I didn't get any Bounties in the first level but I got a golden Mandalorian feather. I'll replay the level for the bounties.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    War for Cybertron and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Both okay so far.

Trying out Gamefly to try to save money on all those pointless runs to Gamestop in which I'm sure I've lost hundreds of dollars on trading in and out. Anyone use Gamefly and like it in here?

24. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Downloaded a few roms, Bounty Hunter was one! Great throwback, glad to have that wired 360 controller.

I log into ToR every now and again. Right now just replaying Skyrim.

25. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Ipad: Ascendancy
    PC: Eador